Co sleeping goal?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Co-sleeping goal?
No co-sleeping here 3 10.00%
By 1-2 year I'd like them in their own crib/bed 1 3.33%
By 2-3 years I'd like them in their own crib/bed 3 10.00%
By 3 plus years I'd like them in their own bed 1 3.33%
No age goal 20 66.67%
Explain 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 11:01 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Where do you fit your goal with the co-sleeping issue?
October 8th, 2009, 04:14 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
no real goal here. Just when she is ready to stop coming to bed

October 8th, 2009, 05:42 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another "no goal" here. That could change I suppose with another on the way & heaven knows what else may come up in life...but for now I think we will just work with it & see what he needs & what feel works.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 8th, 2009, 06:06 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
we're gonna play it by ear. we are thinking at least 2 years old in our bed DH says forever, lol!

October 8th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
we're gonna play it by ear. we are thinking at least 2 years old in our bed DH says forever, lol!
NO goal here either, but I have said that when the next baby comes, I'd like to move her to her own bed....whenever that is. That is so funny because DH says forever too. He recently said he doesn't mind her being there and he actually enjoys it ALOT. That melted my heart!

Thanks Mary for the amazing PR Siggy

Thanks MamaLacey for the wonderful siggy!

October 8th, 2009, 08:45 AM
mommabirdof4
Okay for us we have no age....I never thought I would have 2 kids in bed though...it is fine with us. DH is the one that really started us on the co-sleeping road...lol
October 8th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I voted 2-3 years old I would like him in his own bed. But I'm not sure. I love sleeping with him. I'm taking it day by day. I would never force him to sleep alone if he wasn't ready.
October 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM
No goal really, I'd guess around 2 years. I think I'll wait until she night weans herself first and how things are otherwise going at the time.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
October 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I voted age 1-2. We are TTC and there is no way we would be able to continue co-sleeping with two. I am trying to get Dave to buy us a King bed though Even then I think I would worry about Matthew rolling onto the baby though. So he will be in his own crib somewhere around a year or two.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

October 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
cln1812's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't really have an age goal. For now, it works. If I got pregnant again, we might have to rethink it (I don't see myself sleeping with 2 kids in the bed, but then again, I never imagined I would be a cosleeper in the first place).

My Ovulation Chart
October 8th, 2009, 05:27 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Some awesome replies!

It's great to hear how many happy dh's there are. Mine LOVES it too. Recently Samantha started singing Criss-Cross, Applesauce at bedtime. It really is some of the best moments ever!
October 8th, 2009, 08:10 PM
KimberlyD0
I'm probably the odd one out, but I voted no co-sleeping here. Everyone in our home is very happy with that.

Especially the 4 cats who take over the bed
October 9th, 2009, 08:13 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I voted no age goal. I never imagined that I would be a co-sleeper, but I dearly love it! There is nothing better than falling asleep with my "baby"sleeping on my arm, even if my arm hurts by morning LOL We were away for a few days this week and when we came back, I heard DH tell DD, "I missed you. Daddy can't wait for you to come to bed tonight!"

Such a shame how family/friends think it is a bad thing to do, or "you have to get her out of your bed by the time she is 2.5 or she'll be sleeping in your bed as a teenager."

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

October 10th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a love/hate relationship with cosleeping. There are so many sweet moments when I LOVE it but there are definitely times I wish he would sleep in his own bed. But he is not ready yet and I have come to accept that. It's clear he doesn't see the "nursery" as anything but a place to be changed so we are going to work on emptying out the third bedroom up here and getting his "big boy" room ready so that it is there when he is ready. I would be thrilled to be able to get him down in his own bed and then have him join us later as he needs to so I could have the best of both worlds. We also want to try for #2 in about a year and I can only deal with cosleeping with one at a time I think.

October 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No age goal. We only partially cosleep. He starts out the fisrt part of the night in the PnP or crib, then when he wakes to nurse the first time, he comes into bed with us and stays there. I'll continue this until he doesn't want to anymore.

October 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No goal. All of my kids have moved on to their own space before a year old, except Sebastian who just made the move at almost 13 months. He has reflux and slept better with us. He's been in his own bed for almost a week and it's going well.

October 10th, 2009, 11:22 PM
~Jackie
Kailey is now 3 and we are considering moving her to her own bed because she just moves around way too much. It's never bothered me until the past few months. Everyone said she always squirmend and kicked them but I've NEVER noticed it until now and OMG it's so annoying... LOL!
October 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
no age goal here....I didn't think I'd ever cosleep in the first place...and here we are 1 year into it...and well the three year old comes in sometiems too lol....Dh actually LOVES it....I asked him this question the other day and he said never LOL....he loves her sleeping in our bed...."I can check on her easier" he said LOL....He would have coslept with all of them if I hadn't listened to everyone elses advice....this time I went with MY gut....and so cosleeping it was....I'm so glad!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 11th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No age goal here although Lily is on her own mattress now. We bed-shared until she was a year old and then she seemed to want more space, but she hated her crib. So, we put her crib mattress on the floor by our bed and she sleeps there now.

Most likely we will co-sleep again with the new baby as long as they seem to be happy with it.

October 11th, 2009, 07:31 PM
lindsayb63's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No goal... I remember when I was little I was always very scared to sleep alone... my parents always pushed me to sleep in my own bed. I never want my kids to feel scared at night. I'll do whatever I can to make them comfortable even if that means being with us for awhile...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search