What is new in your child's world?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 10:11 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
What is something cool that happened this week with your LO that you want to share with us?
October 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
she's rolling AND sucking her thumb! all in the same day

October 8th, 2009, 09:44 AM
We are planning to visit a playgroup tomorrow. I hope she likes it. I noticed that she has started to get shy around kiddos and thought it'd help to socialize her a bit, esp. considering that she is starting daycare in 4 months and if she is still shy then it might help if she is used to group of kids. There is just the two of us here and it is rather quiet.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
October 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Walking.....

" \m/ Now I’m riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way I’ll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 8th, 2009, 10:22 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Bella is *thinking* about taking some steps but not just yet

We are going hiking again tomorrow and Bella has a new outfit to wear....

October 8th, 2009, 04:24 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Aww. These are some awesome milestones!

Samantha has just started using please, thank you, sorry, It's ok appropriately and I never get enough of hearing I love you too Mommy.
October 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
Aww. These are some awesome milestones!

Samantha has just started using please, thank you, sorry, It's ok appropriately and I never get enough of hearing I love you too Mommy.
Oh **** i cannot wait to hear her say 'i love you mommy also'...... I think i am gonna die when that happens........!

" \m/ Now I’m riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way I’ll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 8th, 2009, 09:11 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Matthew learned how to pull my shirt down to get to his dinner LMAO

oh and he did it in front of Dave's parents! Couldn't it have been MY family.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Last edited by *Bobbie*; October 8th, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
October 9th, 2009, 07:09 AM
chemlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Audrey is *thisclose* to crawling. She's getting really quick at army crawling.
October 9th, 2009, 07:26 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she has been signing all done and more for a while now.. but she just started signing "want" ...which she uses as "join me" or "i want up" among other things.. and she also just started leading me.. she will take my finger and lead me to wherever she needs help getting a toy.. or other things she needs help with. sometimes naughty things. Like needing help pulling out the kitchen chairs so she can climb on the table..

~Em

October 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the past week, Mona voluntarily pulled down her pants, pulled off her diaper and sat on the potty and read a book! Imagine my surprise when I opened the shower curtain to see that The same day, Mona began insisting on laying down in bed to go to sleep instead of us holding her while she falls asleep. Wah I miss holding her while she falls asleep It is not going well at all (think fussing, kicking the crib, jumping and dancing in the bed) but if that's how Mona wants to go to sleep, she can. Plus, she is talking more than ever which is just SO awesome! We are having tiny little conversations

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

October 9th, 2009, 07:28 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
This just might be my favorite thread ever!
October 10th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Grant is not a big kisser. When a grandparent says "give me a kiss" he gives them his forehead so they can kiss it, hehe. BUT he has recently started in the mornings during his "happy hour" (I think Fluga used that phrase and I love it - his hour+ morning nursing session) he will take my face in his hands and give me a kiss. Yes, it is open-mouthed and very wet and sometimes milky but I LOVE that mommy is the only one who gets "real kisses."

He also seems like he is on the verge of "really getting" the language thing. This morning he was chasing the cat calling "itty! itty!" and was asking for "appie" (apple bits) and even made up his own sign for "more". I can't wait til he starts REALLY talking because I can't wait to hear what he has to say! He already babbles almost nonstop and I love the sound of his voice.

October 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
DS is working on his own version of English lol. He'll point at something and exclaim one of the following noises/words:

"Ka", which I originally thought meant quack, seems to have evolved into meaning any kind of animal.
"Dada" seems to mean any person (including his actual daddy).
"Ooo" means stars, lights, or perhaps just anything on the ceiling lol.
"Mum-mum" means... food Not just boobies, but any kind of food! He points at our fruit bowl, then proudly declares "mum mum" at me. I'm not sure whether to be proud or a bit insulted lol.
October 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rogen rolled back to tummy (he's going tummy to back for a few weeks), and I am pretty sure he is saying mama! At first I thought it was just sounds...but it seems to be intentional and he's only using two syllables. It's a distinctive ma-ma..not the babbling.

October 15th, 2009, 06:45 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She figured out that she can't go diving after toys in the bath. She used to always do this and end up face first in the water if I didn't catch her in time. Now she will very slowly and cautiously get on her hands and knees and crawl for the bath toy she wants.

She also seems to know the difference between "mama" and "dada" She will say "mama" when she sees me and "dada" when she sees DH.

October 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
London found his right hand! I'm thinking the left will be discovered soon also...didn't realize they would find one first and not both at the same time. Anyway just today he started hitting his toys (the ones over his head on the bouncy chair) with his right hand
October 17th, 2009, 08:12 AM
superwoman8977's Avatar Awesome Mommy!
On Tuesday she said her first word..when I walked into the sitters to pick her up she looked right up at me with a huge smile and was like hi..and then said it again when db walked into the house from work that evening and now she has said it to us all the time since!

Thanks AlexAidenmom for my awesome siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search