Breastfeeding pictures?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 12:35 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
have you taken a picture of yourself breastfeeding? You don't have to share it here if you're not comfortable with it but I would love to encourage all bfing moms to take a pic because your bfing relationship (in relation to the child) is so short. If you want to, by all means post your most recent pic here!

Cheers!
October 16th, 2009, 05:51 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
yes i have!! many of them

this is the most recent from a few weeks ago

October 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not recently... I need to get Dave to take some. I don't want to "forget" these moments ever I try to take lots of my sis breastfeeding so she has them. They are the sweetest pics.

I can't do them myself with Matthew cuase all he would do is pop off to get at the camera

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

October 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have.. and i plan on taking some new ones on the 18th becuz that will be our 12 month milestone.

this is the most recent one i have.. haha.. i took it becuz she was holding still so i could get a picture of her samuri pony tail.

~Em

October 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Here are some recent ones of Lincoln

Night time feeding

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 16th, 2009, 07:20 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Oh I love the pictures ladies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
i have.. and i plan on taking some new ones on the 18th becuz that will be our 12 month milestone.
WTG girl!!
October 16th, 2009, 10:38 PM
jacquelinejoy's Avatar Super Mommy
Seeing these beautiful BFing pics makes me mad at myself for not trying harder to BF with both my sons. I admire you all.

October 17th, 2009, 02:56 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinejoy View Post
Seeing these beautiful BFing pics makes me mad at myself for not trying harder to BF with both my sons. I admire you all.
It makes me sad to read that. It is tough & many have obstacles that for one reason or another get in their way. I think like many things - we each walk whatever path we need to for whatever reasons. I am certain that you have beautiful pics of you bonding through bottle feeding with your babes & should feel free to share those!
------------------------------------------
As far as recent BF pics - we don't have any new ones. I think my milk is drying up (or dried - hard to say) and nursing these days is very brief & easily distracted - so all you would get is a full pic of my boob & him grabbing for the camera. LOL

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 17th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-lox View Post
Here are some recent ones of Lincoln

Night time feeding

Oh these are simply beautiful! You know sometimes my baby just grabs my boobs and tries to bite them as if she wants to feed. Those moments i feel so awful that i let her down on that front so early on (4 months).....she shows me she would have like more.....

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bobbie* View Post
Not recently... I need to get Dave to take some. I don't want to "forget" these moments ever I try to take lots of my sis breastfeeding so she has them. They are the sweetest pics.

I can't do them myself with Matthew cuase all he would do is pop off to get at the camera
He gets distracted sooooo easily!

October 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellemphriem View Post
Oh these are simply beautiful! You know sometimes my baby just grabs my boobs and tries to bite them as if she wants to feed. Those moments i feel so awful that i let her down on that front so early on (4 months).....she shows me she would have like more.....

Awe, thanks, and Hugs to you! 4 months is wonderful! I nursed my first until 4 months, don't feel bad, every ounce is a gift!

October 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
These pictures are so beautiful they're making me teary eyed! Breast feeding didn't work out for us because of serious latch issues, so I ended up exclusively pumping for her for 8 months, then she was on frozen breast milk until about a year when it ran out. I tried SOOOO hard to nurse, and I'm really bummed that it didn't work. With our next one, I'm making it work no matter what!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
^^ wow! That is amazing mama! Pumping for that long. Way to go!!

October 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinejoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellemphriem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
These pictures are so beautiful they're making me teary eyed! Breast feeding didn't work out for us because of serious latch issues, so I ended up exclusively pumping for her for 8 months, then she was on frozen breast milk until about a year when it ran out. I tried SOOOO hard to nurse, and I'm really bummed that it didn't work. With our next one, I'm making it work no matter what!

^ Ladies, first I want to applaud you all. Everyone of you shared a wonderful story of trying to breastfeed. I can't imagine how hard it was. I believe there just isn't enough support for moms to be successful to breastfeed as long as the relationship could have lasted. Just wanted to tell you I have huge respect for anyone who tried and couldn't go as long as you wanted because when you need support and don't get any, then finding support for mourning the loss of that relationship is even harder. You're in the company of people who just want to send you love for your attitude to try.
October 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM
mommabirdof4
This is the only one I have....This is very shortly after she was born...with in the first hour....

October 17th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my DH take a pic of Toby a few weeks ago, just after he turned one, nursing standing up while I was lying sideways on the couch. I love the pic, but I would never post it 'cause my tummy looks AWFUL hanging out everywhere. But I love seeing him still able to take comfort in it even when he's older.

October 17th, 2009, 11:59 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great pictures ladies! I took a real quick one with my phone when she turned 1, I would really love to get a good one of her and I but I have no one to take it. DH doesn't think it's appropriate so he won't do it Maybe I'll get my DD to do it?!?
I just wanted to add, that with my first three kids I tried SO hard to BF but didn't make it, for lack of support. I didn't know what I was doing. All you can really do is try. I respect all of you for giving it a shot, (((HUGS)))

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

October 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took these today....

falling asleep....

and a bottle pics from the other day. He doesn't get them too often so I try to take pics....hope ya don't mind these too

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

October 20th, 2009, 01:44 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bobbie* View Post
I took these today....

falling asleep....

and a bottle pics from the other day. He doesn't get them too often so I try to take pics....hope ya don't mind these too

OMG is he cute! Seriously - I just wanna squeeze him!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 20th, 2009, 06:40 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
These pics are all so wonderful I have to get DH to take one of Bella tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search