Where does your baby nap?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have given up on the crib for now. He will only sleep 30-45 min at the most when I put him in the crib. Then he ends up cranky because he really needs a longer nap most days. I was laying down on our bed with him for a while and just playing on the computer or watching TV. He would sleep 1-2hrs then.

Now I have been grabbing a pillow and a blanket and putting him down for a nap on the living room floor. I feel so much better knowing if he wakes up and I wasn't there for a split second he won't fall off the bed. Right now him falling off things is my biggest fear. He sleeps 1-2hrs and I can actually get stuff done if I feel like it.

What does everyone else do for naps? Or what did you do at this age?

Am I creating a problem that I might not be thinking about by not napping him in a crib?

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

October 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM
lindsayb63's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's Lacey and I at home, it is very rare that she will sleep her in crib (but she will do it with other people). I take this as a compliment

Usually on the weekends I will nurse her to nap on the bed. Sometimes if she is out I can move her to the crib, otherwise I just stay with her and use it to my advantage to nap, relax or do some ironing. I never leave her alone napping on the bed.

October 16th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily naps either on my bed or her bed (which is right next to mine). She takes one nap from about 1pm-3pm a day. I usually use the time to go online, read, or clean my room. I don't usually leave her in the room by herself unless I gate it.

October 16th, 2009, 03:33 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Bella naps in her crib for the first part (30-45 mins) and then I lay down with her in my bed for the next part. Usually I get an extra hour.

October 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Lincoln sleeps in his crib, but he does really well with his crib.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 16th, 2009, 06:14 PM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tatum sleeps in our bed,i usually nap with him,watch tv,bring the laptop into bed,read,i never leave him alone though

October 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Right around that age we moved our bed to the floor so she wouldn't fall out. She still sleeps and naps in our bed 100% but we felt confident putting the bed back up at this age. (Well I mean on the days where she doesn't fall asleep on my boob while we're watching TV.. I guess that's why they call it boob-tube?)
October 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In her crib, she hates being moved out of it even when sick.....I have attempted to take her in our bed when she was ill and she just turned around and started crying......she likes her own bed very much. I consider ourselves lucky on that point. The only concern i'd have about the floor would be his back, but i sleep on the floor sometimes too and i kinda like it so i guess i see no real issue with this.

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 16th, 2009, 07:32 PM
superwoman8977's Avatar Awesome Mommy!
my daughter naps in a pack and play, she isnt too fond of her crib so at home at night she also sleeps in a pack and play...I am beginning to think it has something to do with her seeing whats going on around where in the crib she cant as well I dont know.

Thanks AlexAidenmom for my awesome siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search