A tad bit of an update for you ladies

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2011, 07:00 PM
mommabirdof4
Hi guys...sorry I haven't posted much over here...but the twins came monday june 13th...I was induced for a number of health issues...they came at 37 weeks 2 days. Labor and delivery was quick and easy...4 1/2 hours start to finish. A few pushes for each baby...they were born 8 minutes apart. Cole was 5lbs 5oz 18" long...born at 12:25pm...Corbin was 6lbs 1oz 20" long born at 12:33pm. The birth was the talk of the hospital because of how smooth and uneventful it went....the hardest part was getting the druded epidorial..but I had to get it in order to have a vaginal birth...It took 45 minutes and a LOT of pain...but I am glad I got it if I had needed a crash section there is no way they could have done it in time...I would have had to be put under. My back is kind of screwed up so it was not an easy task for the dr.

The boys are doing great...they are already above their birth weights...they are so happy and healthy...even if they are tiny. They are eating like champs...that was a big worry since they were so small...would they have the suck-swallow thing down when they were born....but no worries...they are piggies!!! I made the choice to Formula Feed from day one...I have no regrets or guilt about it...I know it was the right choice for us as a family. I don't think I could mentally and physically BF the twins...I am enjoying the twins so much I am glad I do not have that to stress and worry about. I am doing good...recovering has been good...I did have some issues that came up...I had/have some pretty bad swelling in my right leg/foot...just suppose to give it time...which is never fun. Friday before delivery I got bit by a spider on my right breast...talk about pain...It still is not all the way heal even after being on antibotics....again just something we have to keep an eye on and let time heal it.

I am finding being an AP a struggle with twins...I am only one person...when they both want something at the same time it is so hard...I do feed them at the same time if need be...I sit in between their little baby rockers. This is how I do it mostly at night. oh and if anyone says people who FF are just lazy...oh my gosh are they wrong...whipping out the booby is a lot easier. But I am finding ways to make it easier and to save time. I am trying to spend time with my older kids...they have adjusted good but are acting out a little...and they are not sleeping good at all...but I know that will improve as time goes on.

Oh and one other thing I am struggling with is finding other twin/multiple moms who are more on the AP slant or even close. Everyone tells me I have to get the boys on a schedule ASAP...that I must wake up the other baby if the other one wakes up. Oh and don't get me started on all the
CIO talk. I refuse to go against things that I feel strongly is just wrong for any child just to make my life easier. I am very greatful that the twins are not my first kids...because I can look at my older kids and know that parenting this way even though it is harder does pay off in the long run. It is hard to stay true to who we are as parents...but I know we will make it work. The other hard part is I am finding a lot of judgement from other AP parents (on a very popular AP web forum I used to love going to) because of my choice to formula feed...ugh...sometimes I feel you can't win for losing. It is like I am too AP for some and not AP enough for others.

Well, sorry this turned into a novel.

I will try to post more.
June 25th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, Congratulations! June 13th is my son's birthday too...great day! Sounds like a great delivery experience, and 37 weeks is pretty awesome for twins, they had decent birth weights too, god job!

I for one will never, ever judge another mother. You do what you need to do to get your babies fed. And if people are not supportive, well then find other people that will be.

You've been through this before, the first weeks are always the toughest. You guys will get into your own patterns soon enough and things will be better. You'll find a way to be there for each of them. Enjoy your teeny babies while they are teeny.

I see only one serious problem with your post, and it's a doozy.....not enough pictures!!!

June 26th, 2011, 08:47 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I have no advice to offer other than take it one day at a time.

June 26th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Veteran
Congrats on your beautiful boys!!!! I'm probably pretty close to being a 'lactivist' but honestly I would have to think about how I would handle feeding twins lol
Glad they are both healthy and doing well! Get some rest mama
June 27th, 2011, 06:01 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
congrats on your twins and wtg on a vaginal twin birth

June 27th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! It sounds like everyone's doing great!

June 27th, 2011, 11:15 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Do not let anyone make you feel guilty for choosing to FF. That is a very personal choice and knowing that you have 4 small children, it is very understandable that you would choose to go this route. How you feed your baby does NOT make you less of an AP parent. It frustrates me so bad when people act like that.

Also, when it comes to being there for one of them and the other needs something, take your time. Don't feel like you have to get right to them. Them crying for couple minutes because you are in the middle of something and cannot stop, is OK. That doesn't make you less AP either. Just remember why you are AP, you know that in your heart how you raise your kids is the best way for you. Things will get easier for you as time goes on!

Thanks for updating us!

June 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
i haven't been on in ages but i've been thinking of you all and was very glad to read your twins are here and healthy. i think ap is such a mindful way of parenting, a lot of heart soul and thought goes into it and we parent for the long haul looking ahead and maybe have stronger ideas on "how it ought to be". adding another child to the family let alone twins makes us have to redefine all that and figure out the new, mom's going in more directions ap. or at least that's what i've found. maybe part of that is needing to accept it's impossible to meet the needs of 4 people simetaneously, all the time. i hope you all settle in and smooth out into a happy healthy household...spider bitten boob included!!

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

June 30th, 2011, 11:19 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalySarah View Post
Do not let anyone make you feel guilty for choosing to FF. That is a very personal choice and knowing that you have 4 small children, it is very understandable that you would choose to go this route. How you feed your baby does NOT make you less of an AP parent. It frustrates me so bad when people act like that.

Also, when it comes to being there for one of them and the other needs something, take your time. Don't feel like you have to get right to them. Them crying for couple minutes because you are in the middle of something and cannot stop, is OK. That doesn't make you less AP either. Just remember why you are AP, you know that in your heart how you raise your kids is the best way for you. Things will get easier for you as time goes on!

Thanks for updating us!
I so agree with this! You are doing an amazing job hun! And I agree we need more pictures! I bet they are so handsome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search