I need to vent!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Veteran
I am trying really hard not to get really mad about this

We went to church today and since my ODD is with us I decided to put DS in daycare during service. He's been in there before maybe 5 times. We were right across the hall. When we left him he was happy and waving. Apparently he had a major meltdown and SCREAMED and CRIED the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I went to get him he was laying down in front of one of the caregivers (she's really young) and she had a blanket over him and was trying to calm him down. He was REALLY upset and I literally ran past everyone thru the gate to get to him and scoop him up My poor baby. I asked them why didn't anyone come get me and she was like "well I had this one and she was asleep" referring to a little girl that still asleep next to her. I was right across the hall, 30ft away!!!!!! He was scared. He is just now getting to the point of being leary of new people etc...and I honestly didn't think about it since he'd been in there before. So he'd been screaming like that for 30-45min I can't believe noone thought to come get me! Then as I was walking out some lady said well maybe he's just hungry

This isn't my first issue with them. One time a few months ago I put DS in there and specifically asked if they could feed him his snack (cheese stick and some fruit) and they said "yes, of course"! I went to pick him up after service and his food was sitting right where I left it!

I realize that this is just church etc... but still, the way they treat certain kids/babies versus others really bothers me!

So what should I do? Let it slide and just not put DS in there anymore or write a letter to someone stating my "concerns" or speak to someone face to face? WWYD?
July 4th, 2011, 01:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Poor little guy! I dont understand why they couldnt come and get you? Im sure they have more than one person in that area? I think I would say something. Huge hugs to mama and Colton!

July 4th, 2011, 05:59 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
is it only kids watching the kids? maybe they need some adults in there who are more responsible. if they won't change how they do things, i would not leave DS there. I would be so upset too!

July 4th, 2011, 07:19 AM
mommabirdof4
I would have been upset and angry also. They should have come and gotten you.

If you think that writting a letter would do any good then I would write one. Maybe it is an issue that the people in charge of the childcare is not aware of.
July 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Veteran
No it's adults in there but the one gal I'm guessing is around 18 or so??? I could be wrong but she looks young.
I plan to say something next week when we go. If I can bring myself to leave Colton in there again that is. I'll explain to them that crying like he was is not acceptable to me and we don't let him do that at home etc...and say of it happens again and lasts for more than X amount of time then to please come get me. If they can't do that then I just won't leave him in there again. It really sucks cause I just signed DH and I up for 'Date Night' next Sunday and I'm sure it's the same people that are in the daycare for that. And we had to pay for that! Ugggghhh
July 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, that sucks. I've been paranoid about putting Juliana in the gym daycare because they also have 18 y/o's working there and I worry about the same thing. I just did it for the first time about a month ago and since I'm so close, I come out about every 10 minutes and check on her. She's always been fine. If I came out and she was screaming I would definitely have to talk to someone and probably still wouldn't bring her back.

July 5th, 2011, 08:12 AM
noworries
That is unacceptable. Definitely say something. They should have more than one person in there anyone (for liability reasons) so if someone needed to come get you they wouldn't be leaving the other child(ren) by themselves.
July 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been VERY direct with caretakers at church about my children crying and coming to get me.. At a different church my my first DD was small there was one specific time that i left her in nursery and they told me when i came to get her that she cried a lot and that she finally calmed down when one of the women took her outside, and i asked why i wasnt gotten and they said they wanted me to enjoy the service! um NO.. NOT the answer i wanted.. She never went back to that nursery.. and at the church we are at now i was VERY specific about wanting to be there if my kids needed me.

i even leave the service once or twice to go listen and make sure things are going smoothly.. I think you just need to make it VERY clear to whomever is sitting what you want..and also go check things out once or twice to make sure

~Em

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search