baby sleeping position...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 05:49 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we are co-bedding right now. Paige is IN our bed. I HATE it. I really do, it makes me so nervous. I'm all for her being in my room but I hate the fact that she's in my bed. It makes me SO paranoid. To each their own, but it's just not for me. It started from day 1, she was a preemie, did kangaroo care and a refulx baby and nursed for comfort. It was just easier and after a bad hospital stay for the refulx I wanted her close. The catch is that she does nap in her crib. 2-3 hours too! We've tried moving the crib next to my bed, like an arms reach, we've tried moving it to the other end of the room, the mommy t-shirt, the inclined mattress, the warm sheets, blah blah but she'll only transfer for an hour or so then wants back in bed with me. For a while we said fine and just let her be but now it's getting VERY difficult because she's getting big. She squirms more and it makes me more paranoid so I sleep even less. (if that's even possible.) Typically she sleeps between me and DH in the middle of the bed. I face her and she sleeps in the crook of my arm, while my legs curl up around her in the fetal position so I can place my knees against DH's back so no matter what i know he would roll onto my legs before he could ever reach her. I "rest" in that same position all-night-long. She nurses here and there every few hours , some nights more than others. But now she's gotten to trying new sleeping positions herself. Maybe it's because she's finding herself more cramped now or what not but the last 2 nights she's tried ROLLING OVER to sleep Like she'll lay on her belly and rest her head on my arm. I am SO not ok with that. It makes me even more paranoid. (again, if that were even possible) so i roll her back and of course she complains and wakes and we nurse back to sleep but now she's been trying more frequently to get onto her tummy. So what do I do about this? Do I keep correcting her ?? Do we finally quit the co-bed? Any ideas how to go about it?? TIA!
July 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
could you try a side car crib? she is what, 10 months? if she rolls onto her stomach she should be ok, and when teething, that position can help alleviate some of the pain. YOu want to start her on her back though. I am sorry it is so frustrating to you. maybe try sleeping with her in her room? instead of taking her out of the crib when it is in your room, can you try to pet her back to sleep? or rock her/nurse her, then put her back in? maybe after a week or so she will settle into not being in your bed.

July 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
My won gut reaction is : Stop worrying and that at this age, her sleeping on her tummy/side wouldn't be that bad really, Tanja used to sleep the exact same way with me in the fetal position and her having her head on my arm and "tipping" on to her tummy and I just learned that once I trusted my own instincts and Tanja, we both slept a lot better.

But of course, not everyone is the same and obviously this isn't working for you so maybe start with trying to side car the crib then after she get used to that, try to put up something to seperate you two or move the crib beside the bed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search