I'm being a horrible AP mommy this week...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran
I'm fried! My patience is gone, I'm exhausted, and I'm a single, married mommy during the week. Colton was sick all last week with extremely high fevers so was up multiple times a night every night, then broke out with the tell tale Roseola rash on Sunday. On top of that he's teething hardcore. He won't eat hardly anything, he's got nasty diarrhea and is just miserable. I snapped this morning after getting ZERO sleep last night because even after he would doze off he had to be touching me. As soon as I would try to scoot back over he would wake up screaming I yelled at him I hate myself for losing my patience like that but I couldn't take the screaming anymore. He's not crying, there are no tears, he's just mad that I set him down to do something! I know he doesn't feel good but I don't do well with lack of sleep like this. It's still no excuse.
August 2nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
mama. It sounds like a lot going on all at once. Don't be too hard on yourself - us grown ups make mistakes too.

Lack of sleep is really tough for me, so I hear you, and being sick and teething and running low on food probably doesn't help him, either. The good news is those things will end and you'll get through it. Hang in there and I hope things settle down for you soon!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 2nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
((((hugs)))) Not often, but every once in a while, I lose my cool. I did today. We were running late for work this afternoon and I was STARVING and could not wait to get to work and finally eat my lunch (at 2pm) and I picked DD up to get in the car and she stunk of poop, then i saw she was COVERED IN IT! While i was starting the car and loading it up, she played with her poop. I was so mad (she played with her poop last night too) and just over hungry and annoyed. She thinks it is hysterical. Then we left a toy at home and i could not care less about it. And she was MAD.

it happens. hang in there.

August 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had that week a few weeks ago. I seriously think it's a developmental thing. I lost my cool too. I felt like a total #(*$. The fact that you are aware of what happened and feel that it was wrong says more about your parenting than the slip did.

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
August 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I get like that sometimes as well. Its so hard when your partner is not there with you. Huge hugs mama! You are a wonderful mommy!

August 2nd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies. I know he's got a lot going on right now but all he wants is me and he's usually not like that so it's kind of stressing me out. Of course this is honestly the FIRST time he's been bad sick like this so I guess he's gonna be a spider monkey every time now! lol Despite the crappy sleep last night he was actually in a really good mood today so here's hoping were on the upswing!
August 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((HUGS)). I been like that the last month only instead of yelling at Juliana I take it out on DH or the dog.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search