We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am totally stealing this from my playroom, I thought it was a really fun post.
1. How old were you when you had your first job, and what was it?
2. When did you have your first boyfriend? (actual boyfriend, not just dating)
3. Do you keep in touch with any of your friends from highschool?
1. I was fifteen and it was at a local bistro/cafe, my mom worked in the bookshop next door and knew the owner. I started washing dishes and moved up to working the counter and the espresso machine. We got free coffee drinks and I was soooo addicted to caffeine then
2. Also when I was fifteen. He was also my first kiss. We were together like 2 months and he broke up with me for no real reason and it made me sad.
3. Sort of. I have a few friends but we don't yak on the phone or anything, just very occasional emails or visits. In grad school I shared an apartment with one guy friend for 2 years, he is like family for me but he is terrible at keeping in touch and we live in different parts of the country now. Oh and one girl friend I do keep in decent touch with but she is hard to keep track of!!!! She is a gypsy wanderer we skype sometimes when she has a computer around.
1. I was 17, and I worked as a certified nursing assistant. Didn't last long though because I didn't like it very much. I worked in the Alzheimer's ward and it was very taxing and depressing for me. I have so much respect for CNAs and nurses because of that job.
2. 17, it was DH
3. I'm in touch with my best friend since kindergarten. We don't talk as much as we'd like though. Also 2 other girls from high school and of course my husband who I met it high school.
My first job other than babysitting which I did a lot of! was as a 'Sandwich Artist' at Subway when I was 14... I guess they didn't know how old I was and the boss later told my mom they wouldn't have hired me had they known.
My first 'real' relationship was when I was 17. I also married him just over a year later when I was 18 (those crazy kids!)
I have some on facebook, but only 1 or 2 that I will call up and go for supper with if I'm visiting my hometown... Even then it isn't like we are very close.
1. How old were you when you had your first job, and what was it? I was 14. I worked in a cafe that my friend's mom owned.
2. When did you have your first boyfriend? (actual boyfriend, not just dating) Well, we met when I was 7. (he was 8) but we didn't realize we were more than friends until I was almost 17. We got married less than 3 months after I graduated from high school.
3. Do you keep in touch with any of your friends from highschool? I'm still very close with about 6 of them. We try to see each other at least once a year but it doesn't always work out. There are a few others that I keep up with through dh and his family but I don't talk to them much myself.
__________________ Audrey ~Daughter of the Most High King
~Wife to my Best Friend
~Mother of Miracles
First job - probably babysitting, I did a TON of it. But first job that needed a Social Insurance Number? That would be at a candy store, as a cashier. I was maybe 16 or 17?
First boyfriend - I have no idea, sometime in university though. I was probably 18.
High school friends - My best friend and I still talk and get together regularly, she lives close, and our parents are friends. I have a couple of other friends from school that I see and talk to regularly, especially now that we have kids.
Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!
First job: A paperroute when I was 12 at which I sucked and then when I was 13 I worked in a fish factory for 6 weeks.
First boyfriend: I was 17
High school friends, I would say yes. We dont have high school where I grew up (elimentary age 6-15, secondary 16-20) but from the people I hung out with from 14 onwards I have couple of great friends.
Hvor er toalettet? Skal vi danse? Gratulerer med fødselsdagen Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål Ett språk er aldri nok