be honest...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miamor

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 07:57 AM
miamor
is your house a mess?
cluttered?
how often do you clean up?

with my husband and carlos, nothing goes back to it's place which drives me nuts...unless i go around picking up after them, things pile up. my husband is an amazing father and husband, but he's horrible at putting things back where they belong.
as for cluttered. i think after 6 years in this house, we need to get rid of some stuff. we came from a tiny apartment and i think we over did it on acquiring "stuff".
i try to pick up the toys and do the dishes every day, but laundry piles up and i cant always put everything back where it belongs. my friend has a cleaning lady who also helps with a few of the weekly meals. i wish!
February 11th, 2013, 08:57 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I think I do pretty darn good. My house is fairly clean and tidy. Sure... I don't mop the floor enough or do the deep cleaning like baseboards or windows as often as I should, but company could stop in pretty much any time and I wouldn't be embarrassed. I am sure though as avery gets older and pulls even more out I won't be able to say the same thing.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM
miamor
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
I think I do pretty darn good. My house is fairly clean and tidy. Sure... I don't mop the floor enough or do the deep cleaning like baseboards or windows as often as I should, but company could stop in pretty much any time and I wouldn't be embarrassed. I am sure though as avery gets older and pulls even more out I won't be able to say the same thing.
hey, i saw your pics in mommy of the week and your house is super clean! you do an amazing job!
joonzgurl likes this.
February 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
is your house a mess? Often
cluttered? Sometimes
how often do you clean up? Not as regularly as I should!!

We moved into a very small house after living in a large house. So I made some dramatic decisions to go minimalist, like no books or CDs or DVDs, no entertainment center or bookshelves - we have the TV wall mounted above the fireplace, and the blu ray and just a couple of CDs and DVDs on the mantel. The vast majority of our home decor items were either sold off, given away, or put in storage in the attic or shed. This both helps our small main room (entry/living/dining/playroom) feel more spacious.

So the house, since it is so small and all wood and tile floors, can both become a complete mess really quickly, and be cleaned up pretty quickly. Honestly it was never a big problem until I got pregnant. I have to feel pretty good to tackle picking up all the toys and junk on the ground, I have had a lot of heartburn already. That needs to happen a lot more often, and sweeping too. With the playground across the street, we get a lot of sand tracked in here. Thank goodness I have one of those janitor's dustbins on a pole, that makes sweeping up a lot easier. I do sweep, wipe, and generally clean up around the eating area pretty frequently since M makes a big mess after most meals. I also sanitize and wipe down the bathroom frequently since we are always cleaning poopy cloth diapers and toddler butt in there (M will not lie down for diaper changes anymore) and I am eagle eyed for any specks that escape, so the toilet, sink, and floor are pretty spotless.

Dishes are my biggest pain in the butt. We don't have a dishwasher and it suuuuuucks. Dishes take way longer to deal with than they would if we had one. Sometimes they get super piled up and it takes forever to do them all. Again I was more on top of it before I got preggo.

Laundry- I sometimes get behind, but it isn't too onerous. It gets done eventually. Usually every 2 days I do a load of diapers and every 4 days or so, I do 2 loads of regular laundry. I probably don't wash our towels and sheets as regularly as I should, I tend to wait until they seem dirty rather than do them weekly or biweekly.

February 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Destiny
My house is terrible right now. Usually it's cluttered, but no big deal. Now that I'm pregnant I just cannot keep up. I've chosen to be satisfied with at least one task a day, but I'm falling way behind, especially with Eli being sick last week.

My sure it will will eerily spotless starting in the second trimester like it always is. I go crazy with the nesting.

February 11th, 2013, 12:59 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
The house no, areas of it are a mess though. Particularly our dining room table which is a catch all and always full of junk. Sometimes I think we should just get rid of it because we just store stuff on it and never eat at it. I try to do a little cleaning each day and DH and I do a full house clean usually every 2 weeks

February 11th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
is your house a mess? YES!
cluttered?not really, but there are things that don't have homes, that sit out, that really don't need to be
how often do you clean up?Usually as often as is needed, but lately it seems to be as often as we have company!

February 11th, 2013, 02:39 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
is your house a mess? No
cluttered? Def not. I cannot stand clutter. I am notorious for throwing stuff out.
how often do you clean up? Every single day. I cannot stand it when my house is not clean.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
is your house a mess? A lot of times, yes. I would say that more days than not I would be embarrassed if someone just stopped by.
cluttered? Yes, we have way too much stuff in too small of a space. We just don't have a lot of storage in this house and it doesn't work. We are working on building some storage for Eleanor's room to make some more space in the main living area.
how often do you clean up? I clean up every day, but usually don't get everything cleaned up... and then it often starts snowballing until we have guests and I have to do a crazy clean... not the best way to go about it I used to be a complete disgusting slob, so I am actually doing much better now!
February 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
My house is usually clean, yes. There's usually a stray couple crumbs here and there mushed into the carpet (thank you Ashlynn) and we have a few animals that use paper bedding that somehow ends up on the floor in random spots, but I try to vacuum daily because Matthew is mobile. I will admit my bedroom is a disaster area (hard to clean when my fiancee sleeps during the day and Matthew is in there at night!) and Ashlynn's room needs a good deep clean because her toys are all disorganized..and yep, there's random stuff on my coffee table and the occasional little pile of laundry by the washer, but for the most part I keep on top of things when I can. 2 kids with just me 90% of the time makes it a little tough though! My fiancee works nights, so he's pretty useless during the day when he's asleep And Matthew is still pretty high needs but getting better, so my cleaning is going much smoother!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 12th, 2013, 02:31 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
is your house a mess? Yes. Harry is sick atm and needs lots of mommy cuddles. I'm not the best housekeeper normally, but its gone to pot the past few days!
cluttered? Not really, everything thats around the house is stuff that we use.
how often do you clean up? I do the toys twice a day, at nap time and bedtime, I kinda try and keep on top of it throughout the day but it doesnt happen much.

February 12th, 2013, 04:05 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Our house is often a bit of a mess. DH and I both work and DD is a little tornado. DH complains a lot about the state of the house, but he never pitches in and I really just cannot do everything. It is a big bone of contention in our house actually. DH blames me a lot for the mess, not seeing that he makes most of the mess. Like yesterday he put his clothes in the dryer and there were towels in the dryer so he put them in the middle of the floor in the den instead of taking them up to the guest room where we store them and he leaves dirty clothes and socks all over the house, but for some reason, i make all the mess

Yes, it is a big bone of contention in our house

February 12th, 2013, 07:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I wouldn't say our house is a "mess." At worst it needs some picking up of toys and a vacuuming. But in terms of looks, I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone stopped by at any time. They all know I have kids

It's more cluttered than I would like in certain areas. DH is BAD about taking care of stuff in a timely manner. He piles tools he is using in the dining room, leaves shoes in front of the shoe rack, piles papers in one area of the kitchen, etc. But I wouldn't call it cluttered really. I am a pretty neat person and regularly put stuff where it goes, so it's not really "classically cluttered." We arent collectors of stuff, so that helps.

I pick up toys twice a day in the main living room, once in their playroom downstairs. I clean something daily (mirrors, floors, tub, etc) and I am constantly doing laundry and dishes. Small bites of those. I don't have too much trouble in that regard. But if I let it go for a day or two, it's amazing how behind I feel and how chaotic the house seems.
February 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
It's a mess. But then, it always is. There are grades of messes in my house - right now it's a grade 2 or 2.5. It's all dishes.

BF is like an overgrown one year old, minus putting everything in his mouth. He drops trash and his clothes on the floor, won't take dishes to the sink (certainly won't rinse them off), and absolutely will not pick up his mess even if it gets to the point of ridiculousness. It's a battle for me to deal with because I have depression and the littlest things overwhelm me. And I get tired of picking up after a full grown man who has no excuse at all except his mommy spoiled him. But he doesn't understand that, he just calls me lazy - um, because I'm the one who can't walk to the sink or the trash can?

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search