babywearing

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you into babywearing? How long did you wear your babies?
What carriers do you own?
What is your favorite carrier for:
A newborn
A toddler
Recommending to someone just starting out who wants something easy

---

I am into babywearing M became IMPOSSIBLE around 15 months and I tried some new carriers to try to make it work, but she just fought being carried but I am super excited to do it again with the new baby!

I own too many carriers an ergo sport, a Maya ring sling, a Boba, a Babyhawk mei tai, a woven wrap

I liked the ergo with infant insert for M when she was tiny, but with this one I am excited to try the woven wrap and mei tai!

The Boba is hands down best for a toddler. Maybe the woven would be good if I were more experienced at wrapping and had a more patient LO!

I tend to recommend a SSC like the Ergo to babywearing newbs. I find them so easy to learn to use, esp with front carries! People are used to backpacks and the adjustments are all just like a backpack.

February 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I like to babywear, but I find now that Avery is a lot heavier it is hard.

I have a baby hawk mei tei, a moby wrap, and a seven sligs.

I loved the moby for the newborn stage. Loved it. Looking forward to doing that again.

For the toddler stage I don't have on I am in love with. I should have invested in another one.

I am thinking of investing in a woven wrap or a ring sling for the new baby.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 11th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Destiny
I love babywearing (and I am, in fact, wearing a sleepy Eli on my back right now)

I have a moby wrap, a mei tai and two ergos (DH kept wanting to use mine, so I just gave it to him and bought a new one)
I have a sling that I'm going to try with the new baby. I never got the hang of the sling, but I'm sure I'll like it when I do.

Ergos are definitely the easiest, since you just need to fasten and tighten, but I think my favourite was the mei tai, it didn't last very long, but I enjoyed it the most.

February 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Are you into babywearing? How long did you wear your babies? LOVE babywearing. I wore Claire until she was around 20 months old...I was pregnant and having some issues that made me quit carrying her.
What carriers do you own? 3 Hotslings, 2 Moby Wraps, 1 Beco Gemini, 2 Ergos
A newborn Moby
A toddler Ergo
Recommending to someone just starting out who wants something easy

I really like my Beco Gemini because it is so versatile, but if I could only have one carrier it'd be the Ergo.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I had a bjorn the whole time. I also had a wrap, I do not even know the name and i was terrified to use it because I always imagined Drake would fall out of it, like my knots would not be good enough or something. I carried him until he was roughly 6 months, I would have carried him longer but he was mobile then and did not want to be carried anymore. Not walking, crawling, and he was so into everything and the last thing he wanted was to be strapped down.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 11th, 2013, 04:32 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Moby wrap, a ring sling, and an Ergo. When Eleanor was a newborn I LOVED the Moby. She was always so comfy cozy in it, and it did not bother my back at all. I just loved it. I am thinking about getting a gauze wrap for our new baby since it will be so hot when he/she is born. I never really got the hang of the ring sling... it was always less comfy to me than the Moby, so maybe I just didn't practice enough. When Eleanor got too heavy for the Moby, I switched to the Ergo, and I do like the Ergo. I haven't been babywearing much in a while because after switching jobs I am able to be home for her naps and she wants to be able to see- I have been too afraid to try to figure out how to get her on and off my back when I'm alone.

I know a lot of people are afraid of the Moby, but I would really recommend it for a newbie. There are some easy ways to wrap and it is so comfy and cozy!
February 11th, 2013, 05:20 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Are you into babywearing? How long did you wear your babies? Love it, for as long as I can
What carriers do you own? ergo, hugabub and a babasling
A newborn babasling
A toddler ergo
Recommending to someone just starting out who wants something easy I havent tried many, I love my ergo but I really want to try a mei tai

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
February 11th, 2013, 11:23 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Are you into babywearing? How long did you wear your babies? I wore Ash for only a few months. Matthew I have worn for 6ish months.
What carriers do you own? I own a moby and an ergo.
A newborn: Moby!
A toddler: Not sure. I imagine the ergo would work great, but I don't dare test it with Ash because I need to use it for her brother and she gets jealous about everything, so I don't want to risk it.

Recommending to someone just starting out who wants something easy: The ergo is pretty straightforward, although my best friend who has no kids had no trouble with the moby once I showed her how to wrap it once or twice. My fiancee prefers the ergo, but liked the moby too. I've also had a baby k'tan and an infantino carrier when Ash was small, but didn't like either that much.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Are you into babywearing? How long did you wear your babies? Yep, I quite enjoy it. Although I had to stop because of how I am carrying this pregnancy, all of my carriers are uncomfortable and Kieran fights back-wrapping
What carriers do you own? Haha...a lot. I have: a ring sling, a mei tai, an ergo, a kinderpack toddler, two woven wraps (a 6 and a 4), and I did have a k'tan but it got too big and I gave it to a friend.
A newborn:

ring sling or wrap (generally the 4, but depends on the carry)

A toddler:

Kinderpack toddler...by a long shot! It's amazing.

Recommending to someone just starting out who wants something easy:

Prolly an Ergo. It's kinda universally understood. Although a ring sling is great for newborns and pretty easy too.
February 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love baby wearing! I still wear her on my back in the Ergo from time to time. Even with her being 22lbs now it's not uncomfortable at all. When she was a newborn I used a woven warp that is similar to a moby. I can't really make any recommendations since I've only tried these two carriers but I do really, really love my Ergo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search