Clothes shopping

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 09:18 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Where do you shop for your clothes?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Old Navy is the last place I bought clothes for myself. They have lots of cheap maternity stuff Generally I just randomly shop around local shops though and pick up a new item here and there. I hate it when I *need* new clothes and have a big trip to a mall and have try on a million things. I hate malls and my body type is apparently unusual and sometimes I literally cannot find a thing that fits well and suits my taste.

February 12th, 2013, 08:55 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I don't That's just not me. I can't conscience spending money on clothes for me. Fortunately I have a friend who likes to get rid of hers/ her husbands/ her brothers old stuff and it all comes our way.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic/Athleta/Piperlime (all one company). They are one of the few places I can find tops in Tall sizes to fit my long arms and broad shoulders.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
miamor
typically, i shop at macys. they have a huge petite section and i have a super hard time finding pants anywhere else. i'm short and i have that smaller waist, big hips and thighs body. even when i find pants to fit my length in petites, the waist is usually 2-3 inches too big anyway. i have to wear belts. i'd rather have the length right tho. i hate stepping on my pants.
and macys carries so many brands, i can usually find tops i like.
i knit myself a sweater or two that i like in the color i want for winters.
February 12th, 2013, 10:23 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Typically American Eagle, Hollister, and Victoria Secret
February 12th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Destiny
The thrift store, and sometimes consignment shops.

I cannot justify buying new clothes, I've never been able to.

February 12th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lately it's been mostly H&M but I do have some jeans, cardigans, button downs and blouses etc from Hollister. When I lived in the States I loved shopping at TJ Maxx and other outlet type stores.

February 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM
miamor
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylittlemiss View Post
Lately it's been mostly H&M but I do have some jeans, cardigans, button downs and blouses etc from Hollister. When I lived in the States I loved shopping at TJ Maxx and other outlet type stores.

i love H&M but there isn't one super close to me. when i lived in maryland, there was one at our mall. i miss that store!
February 14th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I love Old Navy but the closest one to me is 2 hours away! So I NEVER go there. I also like Torrid, again 2 hours away. So the only place to buy clothes in this town is Walmart, Target and Ross. Bleh.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

February 15th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually buy clothes from stores like Old Navy, and Smart Set, and Winners. (winners is like TJ Maxx but not as cheap)
Most recently I've bought 2 pairs of jeans and a bathing suit from Thyme Maternity,
and my mom has supplied the rest of my maternity clothing from consignment stores in her area!!!

It is my goal to not purchase new clothing for baby or myself as much as possible in the next few years. I have always struggled with the odour at the value villages and other thrift stores in the big city (2 hours from here) but I think I'm gonna suck it up and get over it because the deals and finds you can make in those places are so worth it!

February 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when not pregnant I shop at outlet malls, usually I like to get my jeans at lucky and my shirts at guess lol

for my kids my fave is the online boutiques, but we shop a lot at carters and target since boutique shopping alone would make a gal broke.
February 15th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Ya know speaking of all this shopping makes me remember that I really need to get my butt moving and get into shape!

February 15th, 2013, 09:29 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I don't... lol. The last time I purchased clothes for myself, I bought a new pair of jeans at a thrift type store because my old pair was torn too much to wear. Only fit in/wear one pair of jeans, couple sweat pants and 2 pairs of PJ pants. Doesn't bother me though. I hate shopping for myself and can't ever justify it.
The kids, usually the thrift store or walmart. They have a huge wardrobe. It's ridiculous how much clothing those two have! My family buys them a lot of clothes too though, and we get hand me down stuff so I don't spend a whole lot on their clothes.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 15th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMommy View Post
I don't... lol. The last time I purchased clothes for myself, I bought a new pair of jeans at a thrift type store because my old pair was torn too much to wear. Only fit in/wear one pair of jeans, couple sweat pants and 2 pairs of PJ pants.
This is me too. I have a hard time buying anything for myself, especially since having Drake. I do not fit in ANY of my jeans right now and I refuse to buy more because I hope to be able to wear them one day. I currently only fit in 3 pairs of Victoria's Secret sweats. Boo. They are comfy but I am so tired of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search