It's that time again!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
What do you ladies have going on this weekend?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We are going to visit my parents. I haven't seen them since the end of December.

February 15th, 2013, 04:17 AM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
My sil is coming over to help us start packing. We have to be out of our current house by the 28th.
IronMamma likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Destiny
We are going to relax and recuperate. Everyone took turns being sick and we're all exhausted. It's been a long week.

February 15th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are going to go see my BIL and nieces.

February 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have another open house to go to, probably not the house for us though, I am not feeling like we will find a house this year with the way the market is here right now. I will work more on organizing baby stuff and M's room and getting junk put away. It is all over the office/guest room right now and we have friends coming to visit the next weekend possibly so I need to clean. And do some bills and paperwork.

I have had these plantains sitting around and now they are nice and black and ready for frying... MMMMMM I loooooove fried plantains!!! So that will be a treat tonight!

February 15th, 2013, 08:41 AM
miamor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I have had these plantains sitting around and now they are nice and black and ready for frying... MMMMMM I loooooove fried plantains!!! So that will be a treat tonight!

yummmmmmmmm...i loooove sweet fried plantains...preferably with some cotija cheese and gallo pinto (red beans and rice)
February 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klockert View Post
My sil is coming over to help us start packing. We have to be out of our current house by the 28th.
Luckily all my stuff is in storage except for my day to day things, I am hoping to be out by the end of this month, or the beginning of next month at the latest! I have my fingers crossed!

Tonight is my little brothers 12th birthday sleep over. Oh lord help me! I fear that it is going to be an AWFUL night with Drake. I feel like they are going to make so much noise and it will be horrid.

I plant o go and buy myself, yes I said it, MYSELF some capris later today. I have no summer clothes since none of them fit. I hate buying myself clothes but the heat is too much to wear pants all the time here.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

February 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My plans changed slightly. This was a whole family trip to see BiL
When we stopped at MILs house to get pack n play, MB refused to go with either one of us. She wanted to stay there, so we let her. Dh and I are headed on to BIL's house.

February 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing a catch up weekend... I am cooking a bunch of stuff for freezing, I have to catch up on some bills and thank you cards and stuff, and we are going to work on organizing the house.
February 15th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Do you plan weekly meals? I could never get into that. I will plan something then want something completely different when its time to eat.

Tonight is my brothers sleep over...its awesome! (enter sarcasm here) They are being so loud, they already woke up Drake once. I am afraid this is going to be a BAD night. You can only tell them so many times to please keep it down. Its like they forget in a milla second.

February 16th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Do you plan weekly meals?
No, I'm definitely not organized enough for that I just get into cooking "moods" every once in a while, and I try to take advantage of it by cooking a bunch of stuff to freeze. Usually I can cook for 1 weekend and end up with a week's worth of fresh meals and then 5-10 frozen meals.
February 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'm really sick. I slept a lot, and cried a lot (lost my job).

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
I am so sorry! Get some rest, maybe that will make you feel better? Stay hydrated. I am so very sorry about your job.

February 17th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post

February 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Ninjacakes- I'm so sorry about your job

My weekend is crappy. DH and I had yet another huge fight yesterday because he is an inconsiderate c***. Yes, c***. I was so upset I locked him out of the house. I don't know how he got in, he must have gone and gotten the spare keys from his parents when he got home. I only got 4 hours of sleep I was worked up and couldn't sleep. So I am taking off today for some time on my own to think about everything and leaving Avery with him.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 17th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
Ninjacakes- I'm so sorry about your job

My weekend is crappy. DH and I had yet another huge fight yesterday because he is an inconsiderate c***. Yes, c***. I was so upset I locked him out of the house. I don't know how he got in, he must have gone and gotten the spare keys from his parents when he got home. I only got 4 hours of sleep I was worked up and couldn't sleep. So I am taking off today for some time on my own to think about everything and leaving Avery with him.
Hugs!!!!! That sounds terrible. I have been worried about you guys (your relationship) and now with the pregnancy, it makes it even more fraught. I hope you can change the situation for the better somehow.

Ninjacakes I am sorry about your job I hope you feel better now!

We might go to ikea today. I have never been but I am excited to get M's room ready to share with her baby brother and get better storage in there. Then DH and I have a date tonight, yay!

February 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Hugs!!!!! That sounds terrible. I have been worried about you guys (your relationship) and now with the pregnancy, it makes it even more fraught. I hope you can change the situation for the better somehow.
Thank you. I probably make my husband sound like such a douche bag on here, haha! He's actually not that bad and I may have been a slight bit hormonal... I will go a little further into detail, I hate it when people are vague...

He went snowmobiling around 1pm. Stopped at home at 5, I thought he was home for supper but he was just home for fuel. Told me he would call me in a bit and let me know what was up. Texted me at 5:30 to say that he was going to go for a short ride and be home soon. At 7:30 I texted him to see what was up... he was 30 minutes away and said he was heading back soon. 8:30 still not back, he says he is just leaving. I text him and tell him I'm a little miffed he didn't come home sooner, he knew I wanted to rent a movie. I hear them get back to town around 9... but no DH. I text him at 9:30 to see what's up... he says he is at his friends (a few houses away having a drink) and I LOST IT. He knew I was sitting there waiting for him for 2 hours and he goes to his friends for a drink?

I should add that I had wanted to go to the zoo with Avery yesterday, it was sooo beautiful but snowmobiling was more important to him. And now the weather sucks so we can't go today since it's snowing and cold. So that added fuel to the fire.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 17th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a good time at BIL's house. MB had a blast staying with her grandma! We are already counting the days until we can go back.

We hate the drive its about 5-6 hrs one way. But it's so worth it. We get to spend time with Dh's brother and 3.5 months(2.5 month adjusted age) twin girls. We tragically lost BIl's wife, right after the birth of the twins. So not only do we count the days until we can see them again, BIL does to! The twins were disappointed when they woke up from naps to find us gone today!!

February 18th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Ninjacakes, I am so sorry about your job

Rachel, I think if my DH was gone for 8 hours on his day off, I would also lock him out of the house. I really wouldn't be able to handle that!

I'm so sorry about your BIL's wife, MommyBeth! That is so sad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search