who does the cooking at your place?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
miamor
i think i do 80% of it...my husband is a really good cook and i love when he cooks. he'll cook a couple nights a week.

do you have a weekly night designated to a certain food? some people have spaghetti night or pizza night, etc.
February 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Destiny
We cook pretty much equally. We're both terrible cooks, so it's no big deal.
Any big meals or baking are usually me though.

February 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Its about 50 / 50. We both really enjoy cooking so we try and take turns. We used to have spaghetti every Sunday night, but now we have no set days for anything.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 15th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do most of it, at least on weekdays. DH has some things that he cooks very well, and he is the baker too. Lately he has made french toast on weekends I wish he had more time bc he would be happy to split the cooking more and he is a very good cook and an even better dessert baker. He is sort of wasted on me with my sugar issues... then again if he were married to a woman with a big sweet tooth, they would both be obese by now I reign him in!

February 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Mostly DH. I hate to cook. Hate it.

I would say I cook once a week and he does the other six days. Right now Tuesdays are usually a day I get something out or delivered because DH has class and I am home all day with the boys. Liam has music class at 5:30 and we grab something on the way home or have it scheduled to be delivered shortly after we get home. But that is only til school is over in April.
February 15th, 2013, 01:20 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I would say my husband cooks once every couple months, and every valentines day. But i cook every night (unless im lazy and we order out)

February 15th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i do. dh is dare i say useless in the kitchen. He never had to learn. he lived at home, and then was in the army, so he always had someone cooking for him.

he can make a mean box of Kraft Dinner though!
joonzgurl likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It changes. I'd say about 50/50, but sometimes I might do more and sometimes there might be weeks where my husband does it all!
February 15th, 2013, 06:26 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It probably works out to 50/50. We have times where we are super lazy and do a ton of easy stuff, and he will often do a lot of those meals. Then we get into stretches with more big meals and freezer cooking and that is usually me. I do all the baking, though.
February 15th, 2013, 10:15 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I cook 99% of the time. DF works nights, so he sleeps until 6:30pm, sometimes later if he ignores me when I try to wake him. He cooks great when he does cook though! No set days for anything... I just stare blankly at the fridge and cabinet, then google recipes and make surprises. lol. Some days I make food DF says is good enough to make again.. other days he doesn't like it and tells me never again.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 15th, 2013, 10:16 PM
And why does he not cook more Sarah? Hmmm. Is he bad at it? Or does he not like too? There have been PLENTY of nights that DH will like BEG to cook, he loves it so much.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

February 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
There's someone else in my house capable of cooking?

Yea right. It's all me, all the time, unless I'm in a truly pathetic state and can't get out of bed or something. Then he might microwave me something

Somehow we've fallen into this pattern of the first night of the month after we've gone grocery shopping, we have tacos. BF loves tacos.
joonzgurl likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 16th, 2013, 03:52 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I do 100% of the cooking. If I won't be home for supper and he is responsible for feeding Avery he goes to his moms

Actually that's not true. The other night he did make us sausages and perogies. That was the first time he had cooked in about 3 years.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 16th, 2013, 05:10 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I do it most of the time, dh will do breakfast on the weekend a lot and on Thursdays when Lily has gymnastics right after school. I think he is good cook, he gets creative.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I do 95% of the cooking. Once in a while DH will make pancakes or french toast for breakfast. He is also in charge of the grill.

It isn't that DH can't cook, but he isn't here for lunch and when he gets home from work we need to sit down and eat, so it works better for me to do it. He also has a tendency to make things so spicy that I can't eat them I don't mind...I enjoy cooking and think I'm pretty good at it...and Claire LOVES to help.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
The only thing DH cooks is pancakes on sundays. I do all the rest.

June 4th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Me and my daughter always spent time in the kitchen. I train her so much and now she cooked well.
June 5th, 2013, 03:18 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
He does more than I do

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 5th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Dave seems to cook more and more and more. Drake is really attached to me and sometimes I am not able to stand there and cook. Well I *can* but he tugs at me and wants me. I have cooked holding him, but he likes to touch things now so that is a big no no.

June 5th, 2013, 05:57 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Now that this was brought back up haha. . . Jess you asked why gary doesnt cook?

i would say that he isnt terrible. But i am better and I would just rather do it, nowwww he's cooked twice in the last two weeks bc my morning sickness is taking overrrr.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search