what has been the most challenging part of attachment parenting for you?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By ohnicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM
miamor
night time parenting?
food struggles?
breastfeeding?
baby wearing?
other?
February 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Destiny
Gentle Discipline. It's not something I've seen before, so it's like learning a foreign language.

February 15th, 2013, 09:31 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Night time is the only "issue" I have. Other then that, everything else goes very well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
At first it was gentle discipline. I was raised in a very traditional home, so it was hard at first. Now I can't imagine doing it any other way.

My current struggle is not feeling like I can be physically close with all my kids as much as I want. I babywear and bedshare, but I can only do that with one baby at a time. I'm sure Claire would like more snuggles than she gets. I always feel physically stretched very thin.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 15th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
At this point, because it is my current challenge, definitely gentle discipline. I lose my temper sometimes and yell sometimes. I figured out though that my worst times of the day are late morning and late afternoon and that is when my blood sugar is getting low. When I go have a snack first it makes everything feel a lot more under control, so I need to try to remember that. My mood is soooooo dependent on when and what I last ate!!!
navywifey2003 likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 11:34 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Up to 18 months: nighttime parenting. I love sleep.

After 18 months: gentle discipline. I am a yeller and have to really work to not do it when I get mad or frustrated.
February 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post

My current struggle is not feeling like I can be physically close with all my kids as much as I want. I babywear and bedshare, but I can only do that with one baby at a time.
This is one of the MAJOR reasons I am one and done.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

February 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Nighttime parenting for sure, I can't function without sleep and the twins are usually pretty good but sometimes they are up all night and I he almost no sleep
February 15th, 2013, 02:58 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
This is one of the MAJOR reasons I am one and done.
I feel pretty guilty about having 3-under-3. Obviously we knew it was possible since we did our embryo transfer when Claire was 18 months, but I honestly didn't expect it to work...I figured it would take a year or two at least to have another child, and I REALLY didn't expect twins. I wouldn't trade them for the world, but ideally they would have been spaced out a bit more
IronMamma likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 15th, 2013, 03:50 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Discipline. Not necessarily the being gentle part, because the idea of hurting a child makes me physically ill, but that is how I was raised, so while I don't follow in my parents footsteps, I am sometimes left with a "well what do I do now?!" so sometimes I feel like I don't discipline enough--but usually it just takes an adjustment period and then we're back on track with methods that work for us.
February 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely sleep deprivation for me. We don't have a particularly rough time getting Eleanor back to sleep at night, so it's not exactly night time parenting, but the broken sleep for such a long time period is wearing me out. I tend to get easily frustrated with adults, but have never really been one to get frustrated with children, so gentle discipline (although I have a lot to learn about it as our kids get older) hasn't been much of a problem so far.
IronMamma likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 08:55 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Gentle discipline. I get irritable on occasion, but I am usually good. Not that great about raising my voice though. I need to work on using my own quiet voice.
Everything else sort of comes naturally. And I don't sleep a whole lot anyways, so nighttime parenting isn't a problem.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 15th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post
. I tend to get easily frustrated with adults, but have never really been one to get frustrated with children
Although, I have to admit I have been getting frustrated at times but I really think its lack of help or anything around this place!

February 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
At this point, because it is my current challenge, definitely gentle discipline. I lose my temper sometimes and yell sometimes. I figured out though that my worst times of the day are late morning and late afternoon and that is when my blood sugar is getting low. When I go have a snack first it makes everything feel a lot more under control, so I need to try to remember that. My mood is soooooo dependent on when and what I last ate!!!
This is so me!! If my sugar is low I am a raging B.

February 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Obviously I haven't turned it into a lifestyle yet, because baby isn't here. My biggest challenges with other people's kids - I guess it would be accounting for the differences in what I think is right and what the parents think is right. I looked after two non-verbal autistic kids for a while and all their parents did was scream and hit, so all they did was scream and hit. Of course my idea of punishment was very different from what the kids were used to, so they weren't phased by me at all. I ended up having to use time-outs to get anywhere with them.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search