When

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 09:15 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Do you ladies find time for JM?

I go on only at night when Drake is alseep or MAYBE once a day MAYBE. I do not like to go on when he is awake, so night time it is. I feel like I am here alone sometimes!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 17th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Destiny
I've been on a lot these last few days, but it's only because I've been sick.

On an average day I will come on while the kids are napping and sometimes after dinner, because I think it's good to leave DH alone with the kids sometimes.

February 17th, 2013, 06:47 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I usually go on at work. lol i know I am terrible but my boss really doesnt care lol And right now Gary is playing with daddy and I wanted to check in a minute

February 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just whip out my phone whenever I am taking a break from chasing M, cooking, cleaning, etc. Or when DH is playing with M and I am resting. If I have no emails or texts to deal with, I check JM, another board sometimes, FB, and browse news articles or google topics of interest. I tend to just do it a few minutes here and there during the day, but I am on for longer times when DH is playing with M and I can lie down in bed for awhile. Sometimes I feel stuck to my phone too much so I leave it plugged in for awhile without checking anything. I rarely get on a real computer, maybe once a week to pay bills and do financial stuff. But increasingly I can even do that from my phone...

February 17th, 2013, 04:02 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I hate doing JM from my phone.

I am going to get a laptop in the future and I will be able to get onto JM a little more. I plan to leave it on the kitchen counter. lol

I used to also get on for a little while DH was with Drake. I miss that. Well mostly, him being with Drake. SOON!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do my reading on my phone, when I have a spare few mins. I might make a short post from my phone. If I am going to be doing quite a bit of posting I tend to get on my laptop.

February 18th, 2013, 06:04 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get on my laptop if Eleanor is getting really engrossed in independent play, but usually if I am here alone with her and she's awake, I don't do much posting, just reading. I do posting during naptime and when DH is home.
February 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I go on at naptime and in the evening when jake and harry are playing. Harry doesnt like playing by himself when jake isnt here, but when jake is playing after his homework, harry sits quite happily near him and plays with his trains etc. I use that time for a snack, coffee and a bit of online time! I have a laptop so I use it at the table with the kids in front of me.

February 18th, 2013, 01:58 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
I hate doing JM from my phone.
Agreed - my phone does not like JM at all.

Usually it's when I'm procrastinating, so whenever I have homework to do I have a bad habit of just forgetting for days at a time.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 18th, 2013, 02:30 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to procrastinating. I am supposed to be organizing the house right now. I also have work and writing to catch up on. Instead, I keep popping on here between everything. Clean up a little, hop on JM, help my daughter with gymnastics, hop on JM. Answer a few emails, hop on JM. And so it goes on and on, perpetually procrastinating.
February 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Uhm...usually 3am. lol. Kids are sleeping and I am relaxing and about to go to bed. Tonight I'm on a roll though! It's only 10:21pm!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 19th, 2013, 06:35 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Well I come on every morning while me and Avery eat breakfast... that is about the only time I can come on while she is awake! She is obsessed with the laptop and will just cry for it and try to push buttons otherwise. So I do it while she is contained.

Then sometimes in the evening after she is in bed, or nap time.

But like my post a while ago, I am trying to limit my time online. It's quite freeing actually. I used to feel stress over it and like I was missing things, and it was important to me to reply to every single post on all 4 of the boards I visit on JM. I don't feel that anymore and it's a good feeling.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 19th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
FYI, I do use the ForumRunner app on my phone, the full pay version... I do NOT use the website!!! They so need to make a good mobile version of the website, it's ridiculous. But I can get JM as well as my other message board via ForumRunner and it is nice and minimal. Can't see siggies or likes or anything like that, but I can see most embedded images. And M thinks the wall of text is boring so she doesn't mind too much when I read and post

February 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have an iPad and it's easy for me to get on and off during the day. I don't use an app, just the website.

So most of mine is 5-minutes here, 15-there. And then I am generally online for about an hour when the boys are napping. They generally sleep about 2 hours and I do house stuff for half that time and my stuff for the other half I am never on in the evening and not much on the weekend. Mostly cause the boys play together during the week so I can pop on and off.
February 19th, 2013, 07:03 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I get on during my computer class at school or when I get home and the babies are sleeping.
What kind of phone do you guys have? Jm works fine on my phone
February 20th, 2013, 05:49 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't. Which is why I haven't been around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search