how tall are you and DH/SO?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
miamor
how tall are you?
dh/so/father?
is little one taking after your height or daddy's height so far?

i'm barely passing 5'2 and my husband is 6'1.
carlos is already 33-34inches (he makes it hard to get his exact height most days) tall and slender..he seems to be taking after his daddy's body type...thankfully. i'm a shortie and need tongs or spoon to reach the top shelf in my kitchen
February 19th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
how tall are you? 5'11" when my posture is good
dh/so/father? 6'3"
Both. She is off the charts at like 36" tall. 99th %ile. I think she will be fully 6' tall like my grandma was. DH and I both have very tall genes!! No shorties in either of our families, going back to grandparents and aunts/uncles.

February 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Im 5ft 9 my hubbys 6ft 2ish. . ..
lol our baby is tall. He was 33 inches tall at 11 months. He's 14 months now, not positive how tall he is, there are pictures that I look ridiculous holding him lol
anyway, but I guess since we are both tall, he takes after us both.

February 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM
miamor
tall ladies and tall babies!
carlos was in the 76th percentile in height for his age at his last appt, but you ladies have much taller babies.
i'm hispanic and my grandmother has inca genes and my great grandmother was a dark dark little mayan lady...she didn't even make it to 4 feet 11..i was bound to be a shortie! thankfully my husband's genes are contributing to carlos' height.
February 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
how tall are you?i'm 5'9
dh/so/father?he's about 5'11
is little one taking after your height or daddy's height so far? i expect baby to be very tall... my brothers are both like 6'5 and 6'7 so the tall genes really come from my family!

February 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
how tall are you? Like 5'10.5". Lol. I am really not 5'11", but I am taller than 5'10". I like that extra half inch
dh/so/father? 5'8" on a good day
is little one taking after your height or daddy's height so far? Liam is in the middle. He is in the 70th percentiles for height, which isn't short but isn't hugely tall either. I estimate he will be close to 6' fully grown, maybe 5'11". DHs family is ALL short (mom is only 4'10", bro is only 5'6", dad is about 5'8"). So he did get some of their genes to combine with my "giant" genes. Kieran takes after my side of the family. He is a 90 percentiler...often up close to 100 for both height and weight. He takes after my youngest brother who is 6'6" or a bit taller. My other brother is also really tall at 6'3". I def think Kieran will be as tall as at least my shorter brother.
February 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Destiny
I'm 5'3, hubby is 6'3

Both kids are tall like their dad, but me and my siblings tend to be very tall and lanky until we reach puberty, where we end up growing out instead of up. I definitely think Eliana has my husband's family's body type, I think Eli's going to have mine, but maybe not because there are some crazy tall lanky people on hubby's side.

February 20th, 2013, 05:45 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 5'8". DH is 6'.
Aiden is short for his age, but he's taking after his daddy's growth pattern. DH was short until high school. Aiden has a long torso with short legs, just like his daddy.
Zoe is already 25" tall, which is waaay taller than her brother was at this age. Funnily enough she was way shorter than him at birth!

February 20th, 2013, 11:13 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are both on the short side... I am 5'3" and DH is 5'10". Eleanor has been hanging out right at the 50th percentile since birth, so I'm not sure where she'll end up. Maybe around the same height as me?
February 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
how tall are you? 5'0 even
dh/so/father? 5'8
My dd is taller than average, Ds is a peanut and on the lower percentile for height.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 25th, 2013, 08:24 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 5'2 and Nick is about 6'3

I dont know yet how tall Nicholas may be, but he is the same height as his 6 month older cousin

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

February 26th, 2013, 04:44 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
how tall are you? 5'6"
dh/so/father? 5'7" or 5'8"
is little one taking after your height or daddy's height so far? Not sure HAHA. She is almost off the charts for height, always been in the 99th %ile. We have tall siblings / uncles / aunts also

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

February 26th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
how tall are you? 5ft 9
dh/so/father?6ft
is little one taking after your height or daddy's height so far? So far she's pretty close to both of us.

February 26th, 2013, 05:36 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am 5'6" and DH is 6'1".
Avery has taken after her daddy, she is in the 80th-90th percentile for height at 32.5" at yesterdays appointment.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search