Sleep Check In

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 03:47 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Let's hear it ladies, how is it going?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 20th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Destiny
hahahaha

Eliana - getting up every night, often for hours at a time. Daddy duty

Eli - gets up to nurse, I've been so tired I sleep through it. usually up for about 5 minutes twice a night. Works for me.

Me - bouts of insomnia when everyone finally goes to sleep

I'm working with DH on getting her to sleep better. I know that she can, but he's been making it very easy for her not to. Hopefully we can implement my ideas again when we're all feeling better.

February 20th, 2013, 04:51 PM
miamor
the usual here...up every 2-3 hours on most nights. he has had a few nights in the past few weeks tho where he has slept 4 hours stretches the first stretch of the night...he's getting attached to the thomas pillow pet so this might end up being his lovie...FINALLY! something he might love other than my boobs...last night when he wanted to go to sleep he said "BOO, TOM" (boob and thomas)...it was super cute.
he had a few days where he was waking up at 6.30 am, but it was short lived and we're back to 5am up for the day wakings.
February 20th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
M wakes at least a couple times a night, but usually just says "daddy, daddy" in a cranky little voice and DH goes and gets her down again pretty quickly. Sometimes she wants him to stay but sometimes he easily sneaks away. I think on average he sleeps in our bed for over half the sleeping time. On a good night she gives us a long stretch of 4-5 hours, has 2-3 brief wakings and goes down again right away. On a bad night she has one or two episodes of waking up crying/yelling and takes awhile to get back down, needs DH to cosleep with her, and is restless when she does sleep.

I conk out easily with my hypnobabies intro tracks but am starting to do my late pregnancy stuff of waking to pee, waking up super hungry or thirsty or with heartburn, etc. I am never a midnight snack person except in the last half of pregnancy!! So I am not STTN either

February 20th, 2013, 05:23 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same old, same old here. She is waking most nights lately every 2-3 hours or less and not settling that easily. Hoping it's a temporary phase so we can try night weaning again.
February 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
What is this sleep you speak of lol
I'm kidding thank God the twins love to sleep or I would be crazy by now. I try to keep them awake as much as possible during the day and they nap in the afternoon. But most days they sleep a good stretch for me like 11-5.
February 21st, 2013, 06:06 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
She's been STTN from about 8-5:30. She is getting up for the day at 5:30 though. Like last night she slept from 9-5:30. I know that's not enough for her. I have got to get her weaned from this 5am feeding. I went to bed when she did and I am wiped out.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 21st, 2013, 11:22 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Ash sleeps through the night almost every night. Not always, as she's prone to night terrors (getting better) but usually she sleeps fine.
Matthew is up every 1-2hrs, usually, to nurse.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 22nd, 2013, 02:53 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Sleep for mommy not good, I never sleep anymore.
Gary- Goes down usually by 8 sometimes 8:30 and sleeps til 6:15 (when i get up on weekdays) and on weekends he usually sleeps til anywhere from 7-9 He's been a great sleeper. i dont remember the last time he woke up at night. Kinda scared what will happen with the next child lol

February 22nd, 2013, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She goes down around 7pm and sleeps through until usually around 8am, sometimes as early as 7:30 and occasionally as late as 9 or 9:30. Her naps are usually very short though.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I do not want to jinx it, BUT I have had 3 wonderful nights of sleep. The first night, Drake didn't wake at all, the second he woke just a little earlier then normal but went right back to sleep and last night he woke once! I have no idea if its because hes sick or if something "clicked" and he will be a better sleeper now. I still have not slept that "great", much better then the past, but I keep waking thinking he will too. But I am happy to say I have not been zombie like in these last three days!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Juliana goes down around 10 or 10:30 and sometimes STTN. Other times, like today, she wakes up around 5 and asks for milk, I tell her to go back to sleep, and she fondles my boob until she goes to sleep. Then she woke up again at 6:30 and I actually nurses her, then when back to sleep again. Usually she sleeps until 7 or 7:30.

February 22nd, 2013, 04:17 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathing for two View Post

Me - bouts of insomnia when everyone finally goes to sleep
Most of the time when Drake is asleep I will lay there for a good hour not being able to sleep. And then I say "I'm just gonna get up!" Then I don't. Then he wakes up and I am exhausted. He goes back to bed, and I am wide awake. UGH!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search