What are your little one's latest obsessions?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By ohnicole
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By KatyG
  • 1 Post By breathing for two
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl
  • 1 Post By klockert
  • 1 Post By KiwiMommy
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By i:heart:you
  • 1 Post By angelsailor288

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 05:33 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor is always going through phases where she is totally obsessed with a certain toy, or book, or song, or character for a while. Then she will suddenly change her mind and get onto a new obsession. What are the newest things that your little one(s) is really into?

Lately Eleanor has been dividing her time between two things.

First is Mickey Mouse... she suddenly decided she loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse after seeing 1 episode and now she talks about Mickey Mouse all day long. "Mickey Mouse!" "Dodald Ducks!" "Daisy Ducks!" "Buto!" "Oofy!" "Hot dog dance, Mickey!" But she calls poor Minnie "Mickey". Any time, any place and she will just start talking about them. She has a Minnie doll that she takes around pretending it is saying, "Elno! (for Eleanor) and then she hugs it and laughs. She is totally in love

Second is The Wheels on the Bus. I used to sing it to her whenever she was on the potty when she was an infant, but I haven't been singing it much in several months. Well we went to story time at the library last week and they sang it, and ever since she is obsessed. She will roll her arms and say "Roun, roun bus!" when she wants to sing it. She loves watching a little music video of it on my computer, and suddenly today she started doing the motions and saying the words for several of the verses. She does the wheels, the wipers, the driver saying "Back", the horn, and the mommy. It's crazy how fast she has picked it up. But I do have to sing it for a good part of the day
ComfortablyMum likes this.
February 20th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww that is so cute Eleanor sounds adorable!!

M is also a creature of passing obsessions for a long time she has been obsessed with my mom's beauty mark and says "muk, muk" and points at it. Then she figured out grandma had a pencil that could make marks on your face (it's an eyebrow pencil) and now she LOVES for grandma to give her a "muk". Sometimes after grandma babysits, she looks diseased because she has little brown marks all over her face. My mom says that she "insists" I am glad I don't wear makeup bc she would be wayyy into it!!!

She has been saying "man" a lot. Whenever she sees a random guy... "MAN!" And pointing her finger lol. She has made a few guys a bit uncomfortable. Most of them think it is funny, thank goodness.

She also likes to identify "mess". Sometimes it makes me ashamed of my housekeeping lol. She will find a speck of lint and get so frantic, "mess, mess!" She seems to be more interested in cleanliness lately. It does not translate super well yet into helping me clean, or keeping herself clean, but maybe someday

Oh and "bubble" - she loves bubbles, we had a bubble blowing little kit that she loved, until she got her hands on it and dumped it on the floor and she loves bubble baths now. She used to hate baths so I am happy she loves them so much now. She almost used a real sentence today, "baby ah bubble bath!"

Oh and she calls herself a baby and likes to pretend to crawl and lie on her back like a baby. I always indulge her and talk about how cute she is and how much I love her, she is my big baby, etc. And whenever there is a small version of something next to a big one, they are "mommy, baby!" Sometimes one is a daddy or nonny too

She also seems to have a crush on Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba. She says his name a lot and gets so excited to see him when I play a show for her. She also likes Plex, the robot, which is a promising sign for her to follow in her parents' nerdy footsteps

February 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
How cute!
My mom sent the twins a box of clothes and toys a few weeks ago and they those toys.
Noah is obsessed with this little toy it's like one of those things where the baby stacks the rings and they go from big to small, I don't what it's called but he loves it! They are shaped like stars and they make noises and stuff and he will crawl all over the room to get the rings.

She also sent these little stuffed bears. They are called my first bear and you can get them from Carter's. he loves that bear. He sits there and holds it and hugs it and kisses it. And sometimes I'll tell him to go get his baby and he will get the bear. It's so cute!
February 21st, 2013, 04:26 AM
Destiny
Eli doesn't really have anything but me! He gets really excited about Signing Time, but I don't know if I'd call him obsessed. When I ask him if he wants to watch it he'll grin and saying "igning ime!" super cute

Ellie on the other hand is in a Disney Princess phase. She's non-verbal, but she gets extremely attached to anything with a princess on it, I bought her a big book full of princesses and she will literally sit for hours looking through it.
Also, toothbrushes. I have no idea what's up with that one, but she's always stealing all of them and hoarding them... somewhere. My dental health is not as good as it once was. I'm thinking about buying her a bulk thing of toothbrushes and letting her have at it, and hopefully keeping mine safe.

February 21st, 2013, 09:06 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
LOL! All your babies sound just adorable!! I am not sure if either of these are obsessions, but I think they are cute.

Avery is obsessed with pushing around her miniature stroller. She just loves to push the baby and will go round and round in circles for quite a while before tiring of it.

She also loves to be just in her diaper. She runs around and squeals and it's so cute. Also, whenever I say "time to change your bum bum!" she gets this mischievous grin on her face and runs away from me. She loves to be chased and caught!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Then she figured out grandma had a pencil that could make marks on your face (it's an eyebrow pencil) and now she LOVES for grandma to give her a "muk". Sometimes after grandma babysits, she looks diseased because she has little brown marks all over her face.

She also seems to have a crush on Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba. She says his name a lot and gets so excited to see him when I play a show for her. She also likes Plex, the robot, which is a promising sign for her to follow in her parents' nerdy footsteps
M sounds so sweet. Maybe her obsession with beauty marks and face makeup will lead to a career doing makeup for scifi movies And I would argue that liking a robot is not any less nerdy than liking a fuzzy green monster, a giant sea cucumber with arms, a pink raindrop that sings, or a blue cat monster... I think whoever she likes on Yo Gabba Gabba you can make it swing nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyG View Post
My mom sent the twins a box of clothes and toys a few weeks ago and they those toys.
Noah is obsessed with this little toy it's like one of those things where the baby stacks the rings and they go from big to small, I don't what it's called but he loves it! They are shaped like stars and they make noises and stuff and he will crawl all over the room to get the rings.
He must be a smartie! Eleanor couldn't care less about her ring toys most of the time And I love the story about the bear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathing for two View Post
Eli doesn't really have anything but me! He gets really excited about Signing Time, but I don't know if I'd call him obsessed. When I ask him if he wants to watch it he'll grin and saying "igning ime!" super cute

Ellie on the other hand is in a Disney Princess phase. She's non-verbal, but she gets extremely attached to anything with a princess on it, I bought her a big book full of princesses and she will literally sit for hours looking through it.
Also, toothbrushes. I have no idea what's up with that one, but she's always stealing all of them and hoarding them... somewhere. My dental health is not as good as it once was. I'm thinking about buying her a bulk thing of toothbrushes and letting her have at it, and hopefully keeping mine safe.
Eli sounds adorable! Does he do a lot of signing? The toothbrush obsession is a funny one. Someday you will find a huge stockpile of toothbrushes somewhere in your house and be set for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
Avery is obsessed with pushing around her miniature stroller. She just loves to push the baby and will go round and round in circles for quite a while before tiring of it.
That is so cute! I think you're going to have a helper on your hands when baby is born
February 21st, 2013, 10:14 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Right now Gabriella is obsessed with "The Lorax" movie. Every single morning when she wakes up she points to the tv and says "Lax! Lax!". She is also obsessed with the Gangnam Style video. We watch it at least 5 times a day and have for a couple months now lol. She even holds her hands like they do in the video when she dances to it.

February 21st, 2013, 11:28 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Ash isn't obsessed with much right now. She has a thing for my blankets, but that's about it..lol.
Matthew is obsessed with me..and boobs.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Drake LOVES when I clap my hands and sing him the ABC's. He will grab my hands so we clap together and look me dead in the eye and giggle, and when the song is over he will clap my hands so I will sing it again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klockert View Post
Right now Gabriella is obsessed with "The Lorax" movie. Every single morning when she wakes up she points to the tv and says "Lax! Lax!". She is also obsessed with the Gangnam Style video. We watch it at least 5 times a day and have for a couple months now lol. She even holds her hands like they do in the video when she dances to it.
OMG, that sounds so adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMommy View Post
Matthew is obsessed with me..and boobs.
Typical man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Drake LOVES when I clap my hands and sing him the ABC's. He will grab my hands so we clap together and look me dead in the eye and giggle, and when the song is over he will clap my hands so I will sing it again.
Aww, that is so sweet! I love it when they figure out how to ask for something they love
February 25th, 2013, 12:12 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Right now it is anything to do with Cars...he loves the movie. When certain characters come on screen he has to get out that exact car and zoom it around.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicholas loves his cars! Matchbox cars. He will sit and play with them and his little garage for them for hours.

He also has to go to sleep while holding SOMETHING. It could be a stuffed animal, his toothbrush, a container of crackers, anything. But dont you dare try to take it from him.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

February 25th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Gary (almost 2) is currently obsessed with a library book "Bears on Chairs" and likes to say "oots" (oops) and uh-oh at corresponding parts of the book.
He loves doing the dishes (more like getting up at the sink and splashing water everywhere). And playing with matchbox and hot wheels type cars. Also loves Kipper the Dog on netflix.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search