do you have pets?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
miamor
how many?
if so, how do they get along with your LO(s)?
did you have the pet(s) before or get them after you had children?
February 22nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No pets. DH is allergic to dander, I am pretty sure M is as well. I can barely look after plants so I am not too interested in things like fish. I need a pet like a cat that can come and complain when it is hungry or whatever

February 22nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 1 very dog like Cat! She was great with my nephew whenever he's stayed with us in longer chunks of time (3 weeks +) but on short visits she ignores him, and stays usually outta sight.

I'm expecting her nose to be out of joint when this baby shows up. She currently sleeps in bed with us, but I'm not comfortable having baby sleeping in the same room as a cat, so she is gonna 'suffer' for a little while at least, and have to sleep in the sun room!

We are planning on getting a dog soon, and horses and (fingers crossed) chickens and a sheep or two in the next 5 years!

February 22nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We do not currently have any pets.

We had 2 cats at our last house, and Claire loved them. They tolerated her When we sold our house the buyers commented about wanting to keep the cats with the house and we said "okay." It was the best decision for us...they were very high-maintenance cats and I already have enough on my plate!

When the kids get a little older we plan to get a dog.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 22nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have 2 dogs. They are both rescue dogs and about 40 pounds each. I got Maggie in college and we got Clover after our miscarriage. They have been surprisingly good with Eleanor. When she first came home from the hospital, they did not even seem to notice her! I was so worried and they just acted like, "What? She's already been here for 9 months."

When Eleanor was an infant, our older dog Maggie was pretty standoffish and would just move to the other side of the room when Eleanor was near. Clover was more interested and would try to cuddle with her. Now that Eleanor is older (and I think, most importantly, interested in throwing balls and giving the dogs food) the roles have reversed. Clover is kind of standoffish and Maggie is baby's best friend. Eleanor can climb all over Maggie and Maggie is perfectly happy. Clover will jump up and run away if Eleanor gets too touchy feely with her. I have actually been thinking about looking into some kind of training for Clover (more so I know what to do) because I don't like how she is getting progressively more jumpy. We would absolutely hate to ever be in the position where we had to find a new home for a dog because of problems with our kids, so I would rather be proactive about anything that I think could lead to a bigger issue.
February 22nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Destiny
no pets, but I plan to get a dog when the kids are all sleeping well (in 20 or so years )
Right now I just take care of stray and wild animals for my pet fix. I'm not ready to take care of one full time in addition to my kids.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
No pets for us. Honestly, I do not like pets. I have had them in the past, we just do not prefer them. I have no idea what I am going to do when Drake asks for a puppy!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 22nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Unfortunately we are keeping my sil's cats for her.( It's her house we are moving into, long story) I am not a cat person at all, but she couldn't find anyone else to keep them for her and my mil said if we kept them they would only charge us $200/mo for rent and would provide all the litter and food for them. So I caved and said we would keep them. I want a big dog for Gabby someday though!

February 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
we have two dogs ones 25lbs and the other is like 10lbs they are great with Gary and him with them. I couldnt imagine not having at least one dog. we looove our pups.

February 24th, 2013, 08:58 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I have had dogs before, I just do not like pets anymore. It does not help that I am allergic, but yeah.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 dogs and 1 cat, all of which I had before Nicholas. Everyone gets along extremely well. Nicholas in particular LOVES cats!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

February 26th, 2013, 04:46 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
how many? Two cats
if so, how do they get along with your LO(s)? They are slowly growing to like her lol. Simba is more tame, and Noddy I am trying to teach that Eve does not hit anymore. She used to get SO excited and thrash her arms around screaming in delight LOL it send them for MILES! I just cuddle Noddy and let Eve pat him gently. He is slowly coming around
did you have the pet(s) before or get them after you had children? Before. I got them both in 2007

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

February 26th, 2013, 04:49 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Looking at this I realized I didnt answer the last question: did you have the pet(s) before or get them after you had children? We got Toby (the bigger dog) right after we bought our house, so Jan 2011 and we got Paisley the small one when Gary was 3 months old.

February 26th, 2013, 05:40 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
No pets. We had a cat before Avery but he went missing when we were gone in the hospital having Avery and he never came home

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1 cat mr blackie adopted when brendan was almost 2 and fuzzy our guinea pig this august so both of the pets prefer me but fuzzy dont mind brendan n mr blackie is not as standoffish as he used to b because brendan is getting gentle

February 28th, 2013, 07:17 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Two dogs. We had Apollo the english bulldog before the kids were born. Then we got Abby the cavalier spaniel a year ago. The kids love them. They are animal lovers for sure.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search