eating check in!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
miamor
we always do sleep check ins, but i'm always curious to see how little ones are eating.
February 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Eating has honestly NEVER been an issue with M except when I was worried she was overeating and throwing up from it. She is a big hungry girl and loves food. Sometimes she has a low appetite for a day or two when she's sick or something, but it always comes roaring back. Some days I feel like she is eating almost as much food as I am. She can polish off half a 32 oz yogurt container in one snack!! (Not common but it has happened a few times... Just wanting "more more more" lol.) She is very curious about food she sees people eating and wants to try EVERYTHING she sees us eating. She even likes sour and spicy and peppery things now. I am trying to get as many different foods in her as possible before she hits that picky age of wanting to stick to her established set of "safe" foods. I have a feeling she won't be as picky as some kids at that stage, though.

She is not fat or anything either... she is 75-90th %ile for weight for her age, but that is just because she is off the charts tall. Her weight for height/length has always been average. So I don't worry about her getting obese or unhealthy at all either.

Maybe this makes up for what a bad sleeper she is......

February 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Destiny
We're just off a stomach bug, so they haven't been eating great, but we're getting back to it.
Ellie loves to eat, but she eats poorly. she refuses to eat any fresh fruits or veggies (with a fortunate few exceptions). I'm very lucky she likes yogurt, because it's super easy to sneak fruit in those.

Eli doesn't eat much, but he makes his calories count. He loves fresh fruits and veggies and always eats my smoothies with me.
I think he's my future vegetarian

February 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor is a pretty good eater. I always have a super easy time getting fruits and veggies into her... other stuff can sometimes be an issue. She has been eating a ton lately. She often has 2 breakfasts- she likes to choose from cereal with soy milk, yogurt with berries (I finally figured out how to get her to eat yogurt! ), cereal bars, raisins, pretty much any fresh fruit, and bagels. She loves pasta of any kind and likes most one-pot meals... chili, casseroles, soups, lasagna, stuffed peppers are all good. She also loves veggies, and often I use frozen peas, carrots, or corn as a treat She can easily down 1/2 cup of veggies at a time. She has also taken a liking to olives and beets lately. She doesn't usually eat a ton at one sitting, but she is constantly asking for either food or milk.
February 22nd, 2013, 11:55 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Right now Drake does not have much of an appetite due to being sick. But when he is feeling well he has an "ok" appetite. There is literally only like 5 things he will eat. I keep offering but he is just not interested. I am hoping within the next few months he will develop a more range of foods he likes.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
The twins love to eat especially Liam. It stresses me out because sometimes I pump and give him bottles just to see how much he is drinking. And he will drink like 6 oz bottle and then I wil give him a number 3 baby food jar and he will still be screaming and signing " more eat" and than I will give him another bottle and he will drink another bottle and than finish it and still be screaming and I say all done and he will cry and scream. I don't if he eats too fast and just doesn't recognize he is done and I feel bad seeing him so upset but that's a lot for a 10 month old baby. And this happens almost every time he eats
February 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Drake went through a more bottle stage too. Right around 10 months as well. He was never over weight and the Dr's were not concerned. Have you talked about it with anyone? But, I do believe that babies will eat when they are hungry so I would not worry too much.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search