Baby Monitors

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Do you use a baby monitor for naps / sleep (before you are ready for bed)? What kind if you do?
If you don't, how often do you check on your LO during these times?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
No, we never have. Our apartment is so small, I can easily hear him from any of the rooms. One of the many perks of living in a small space!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
February 23rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap View Post
No, we never have. Our apartment is so small, I can easily hear him from any of the rooms. One of the many perks of living in a small space!
Ditto Plus, when she was little she often slept on me, and when she got bigger she could just get off the bed and walk right on out of the room looking for me... that's what she does now! She never napped in a crib.

February 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh yes! We have a video monitor with three cameras...one in Claire's room, one in our master, and one in the nursery. The master is downstairs and the other bedrooms are upstairs, so we keep one in Claire's room in case she wakes up and we don't hear her. She doesn't think she can get out of bed on her own, so she'll just play there until someone goes to get her. It is a blast to listen to her tuck in her stuffed animals or sing songs to herself

The twins still sleep with us, so we don't need a monitor for them at night. I use the monitor for naps (they nap in our room)...sometimes Claire and I will go outside and play while they are sleeping.

The babies have never been in their nursery yet, but someday the camera in there will be handy.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Do you use a baby monitor for naps / sleep (before you are ready for bed)? What kind if you do? I do not and that is only because I have never bought one! LOL ANd Drake will be 15 months...sheesh!
If you don't, how often do you check on your LO during these times? But, I check on Drake like literally every 5 - 10 minutes. I am obsessed with checking on him.

This past Thanksgiving I went to my Aunts house and my cousin was there with her little boy who is 5 months older then Drake, and when Drake took a nap I layed him in his crib (because there were 30+ people and that was the only way he could take a proper nap) and she let me borrow her video camera, and let me tell you. I WAS IN LOVE! I could not stop staring at it! I really want to get one, I am sure I would use it for a couple more years.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

February 24th, 2013, 04:20 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Yes, its on right now! Harry naps in my bed so i just take the transmittor from his room and put it in mine. I swap it back to his room at bed time. We live in a two story house, and if i have the radio on or anything I wouldnt hear him. And i would be afraid he would cough or something, and he doesnt always cry when he wakes up, but can get up to alot of mischief in my room! lol!

I used one with jake until he was 3.5 years old. Its such a comfort.

February 24th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Destiny
I never needed to because our house was too small, and now they're old enough to get up and come get me.

I think I'll have to buy one now that I have a bigger place, I didn't even think of that.

February 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We have one in our room i keep it in silent but it lights up when hes making noise. But he never wakes up at night, I can hear him to so its not an issue. I have NO clue what brand it is? It was a gift.

February 24th, 2013, 08:49 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oops, I forgot to say what kind it is...we have a Summer Infant Baby Touch. We had a different Summer Infant when we just had Claire, but it was an older model and we couldn't add cameras. When we were prepping for the twins, we gave that one to my sister and then bought the Baby Touch. It came with one camera, and then we purchased the other two separately. I have been very happy with both monitors

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 24th, 2013, 01:07 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a video monitor in the nursery but they only nap in their, they sleep in my room. I live above my parents house so sometime when the babies are sleeping ill go to there house and just take the monitor.
February 24th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Robyn, I am right there with you. I feel like I would use it until he was 3.5 or even older. I really need to get one.

Sarah, does your have a screen?

February 25th, 2013, 07:47 AM
miamor
i have the touch screen one with the video monitor too. i LOVE mine. i love being able to see, not just hear him. i wouldn't be without it.
February 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
We don't use one, but we did when we first moved her into her own room (8mo). It started to not work (2nd hand off my cousin), so we stopped using it and I just checked on her whenever I woke during the night. Her bedroom door is RIGHT next to ours, so I can hear her anyway

And I check on her a LOT during the night if she is sleeping longer periods. That sheeeeeeit scares me LOL I am too used to 2-hour blocks

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

February 26th, 2013, 05:44 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I'd love a video monitor, but I just have a regular ol' sound one. I use it for every nap and all night long, I plug it in right beside my bed for overnight.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 27th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I could not sleep in a separate room if I did not have a video monitor. Is it hard Rachel? Or was it at first?

February 28th, 2013, 03:48 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't. My kids are always close enough for my to hear them (I'm a really light sleeper).
February 28th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I used to be a heavy sleeper, but since having Drake I am such a light sleeper.

March 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
We got the sony monitor for a shower gift, it works very well. I take it with when I go down to the basement for laundry... 2 floors away and it still picks up.
But for the most part I don't use it anymore because we have such a small apartment and he's never had much trouble sleeping at night
March 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Veteran
I totally still use a monitor for DD1 and she's 5! I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and my biggest fear is that one morning she'll wake up and call for us, but because I'm pretty sleep deprived, I wouldn't hear her and therefore wouldn't wake up. Then, she would be in her room, all by herself, for hours. Totally irrational fear, I know! Especially given that her room is right next to ours and we sleep with our doors open. DH thinks I'm crazy.

Also, for some reason, she will absolutely not come out of her room for anything! She never has. When she wakes up (either for the day or from her nap), she'll call out for us and ask if it's okay to come out of her room.

We have a Sony babyCall monitor, which I love. It's voice activated, so it doesn't have the constant noise that some monitors do.

DD2 sleeps about five inches from my face, so we don't need one for her yet.
March 1st, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you use a baby monitor for naps / sleep (before you are ready for bed)? What kind if you do? I don't use one. I live in a small one story house and can hear him pretty well from any room

If you don't, how often do you check on your LO during these times?
I check on him if I wake up in the night but not really during naps

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search