Wednesday GTKY

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By klockert
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By klockert
  • 1 Post By klockert
  • 1 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 10:57 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
What kind of music do you like?
Is there someone you look up to? Why?
Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done?
What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!)
Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 27th, 2013, 04:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
What kind of music do you like? Country & Some rock

Is there someone you look up to? Why? hmmm my mom. She was an amazing mother and died way too young. It makes me so sad that she never got to meet her grandchildren.

Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? Wow I could go on for days.

What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) Not including family, hmmmm. . . Coffee. My phone anddddd music.

Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? I used to LOVE reading, Janet Evanovich and Nora Roberts but now, I have no desire.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 06:34 AM
What kind of music do you like? Ween, oldies, classic rock, 90s alternative and jam bands a bit.

Is there someone you look up to? Why? One of my friends parents have the best attitudes of anyone I know, I try and remind myself of this when I'm having a rough day.

Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? It would probably have to be taking a road trip to california with a psycho boyfriend and ending up having to drive back (to St. Louis) alone with no phone and no money, taking the route through the mountains in a snowstorm. Yep, that was the stupidest thing I ever did, but it was an adventure.

What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) My sewing machine, chocolate, flat iron.

Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? I used to love to read, horror fiction and true crime. I like Dean Koontz. I can hardly read anymore though, my brain is fried and fizzled from mommyhood.
February 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
What kind of music do you like? Rock, Heavy Metal, some new age. I like some SONGS in different genres, but I am mainly a rock girl.
Is there someone you look up to? Why? I honestly don't.
Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? Rock climbing!
What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) Chapstick, toothbrush and lotion.
Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? I cannot stand reading. lol

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

February 27th, 2013, 09:04 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All kinds, but usually things that are relaxing. I'm not huge into rap/r&b or pop, though.

My Uncle T! He is responsible, true to himself (he's gay but doesn't hide nor flaunt it. he's just HIM), he's financially smart and also gives great advice. He isn't afraid of showing some tough love, but if you are doing the right thing you can count on him to help you out. I say he's like the "father of the family". He's the one who arranges people's living when they need to go into a nursing home, he's the one who arranges and speaks at funerals, etc. He will do the things no one else is emotionally strong enough to do, and I really admire him for that.

I wouldn't call any of the dangerous things I've done adventurous. Let's just say before I got married I lived a reckless life when it came to my health.

What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!)
My health. My mind. And my computer (my career and social hub lol).

Yep! I was obviously into reading before I started writing and became an author myself. I think my kids get their love of reading from me My favorite author is Nancy Pickard, but there's several I really love!
February 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You mean besides kid's music?? I guess I (used to) like mellow electronica, some 80s (Tears for Fears, New Order), some oldies and blues. I mainly get stuck on a particular artist and then I am listening to Johnny Cash (or whoever) all the time for awhile until I move on.

I guess I would say I look up to DH because he has so much more patience and less anger than I do, I try to emulate that.

Not even getting into it, but it was a federal offense and I could have easily gotten caught, it was also the dumbest thing I've ever done. I was dumb when I was 19.

Alone time, healthy (for me) food, going outdoors in a natural environment from time to time.

Yes, although I don't do much serious reading anymore. Probably Ursula K Le Guin.

February 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like all kinds of random music... some country, some oldies, some pop, some rock.

I look up to people who are more outgoing than me... I really wish I could have an easier time going out and interacting with people.

Nothing that exciting, I am kind of tame and boring Probably just camping/hiking trips.. once I was dumb enough to go for a hike alone and happened to run into a black bear cub, that scared the crap out of me!

Cuddles from a pet, internet to satisfy all my obsessive curiosities, and down time.

I do, but haven't made time to do it in forever. I like horror/mystery/paranormal type stuff... Stephen King, Janet Evanovich are a couple.
February 27th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Destiny
What kind of music do you like? Mmm. I'd say I like Symphonic Opera Metal and Acoustic Folk best

Is there someone you look up to? Why? no actually, I don't know why. Maybe because my parents ruined authority figures for me forever, maybe because I'd rather be myself than anyone else. I just don't.

Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? I don't think I've done much that was dangerous or adventurous. I'm a cautious person.

food, water, oxygen

I love reading. I don't really have a favourite author, but I definitely lean towards high fantasy books, I still eat them up after all these years.

February 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
What kind of music do you like? All kinds, but Tool is my favorite band and has been since highschool

Is there someone you look up to? Why? My mom. We don't always get along and she has made many mistakes but she has always worked her butt off to take care of me and my sisters despite being hit by a train in 1990. She is by far my hero and the strongest woman I have ever known.

Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? Swam in an underground cenote in Mexico and swan with sea turtles out in the middle of the ocean.

What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) Music, mountain dew, and food.

Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? I love reading! Dean Koontz is my favorite.
IronMamma likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
What kind of music do you like? I'm a top 40s kind of girl
Is there someone you look up to? Why? My aunt, she is always there for me. She is smart and beautiful and hard working.
Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? I went zip lining in a jungle in Costa Rica once
What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) Internet, A.C and phone
Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? I love to read but I don't have a favorite author.
February 27th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klockert View Post
What kind of music do you like? All kinds, but Tool is my favorite band and has been since highschool
I absolutely LOVE tool! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
klockert likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 10:18 PM
omg I am soooo in love with Maynard! Do you like Puscifer or APC too?
IronMamma likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klockert View Post
omg I am soooo in love with Maynard! Do you like Puscifer or APC too?
ME TOOOO!!! I LOVE APC!! In fact, I was JUST listening to it yesterday! Never EVER gets old! Puscifer? DUH!!!!!

February 27th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Puscifers new album just came out recently It's called Donkey Punch the Night. Maynard did a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody for the album and it is AMAZING, even more so than the cover he did for Elton Johns "Rocket Man". If you don't know who they are it is Marnards new side project, I mean it's no Tool, but I love it just the same. It's kind of different but in a good way. Check some of the songs out on Youtube!
IronMamma likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I will def check that out! Thank for you letting me know!

Since you like Tool, what about Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains? My favorite bands in the world!

February 28th, 2013, 02:46 PM
i love pearl jam!

March 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
What kind of music do you like? Mainly stuff like Pink Floyd, UB40, Muse, The Killers, but I love me some pop too ( Westlife ), and other genres Scott listens to (dance music)
Is there someone you look up to? Why? Not really
Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? Abseiling down a cliff face
What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) Sleep, music & 'me' time
Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? No

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 2nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyMum View Post
What kind of music do you like? Mainly stuff like Pink Floyd, UB40, Muse, The Killers, but I love me some pop too ( Westlife ), and other genres Scott listens to (dance music)
Is there someone you look up to? Why? Not really
Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? Abseiling down a cliff face
What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) Sleep, music & 'me' time
Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? No
OMG lol Westlife. I love you more now. I am the only person I know who's even heard of them since I live here lol they do the BEST "flying without wings"

Jess- I LOVE PEARL JAM!!!

March 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
OMG lol Westlife. I love you more now. I am the only person I know who's even heard of them since I live here lol they do the BEST "flying without wings"

Jess- I LOVE PEARL JAM!!!
LMAO awesomeeeeee!!
They are not very big over there are they? Robyn (TheOnlyPink) actually told me when they had broken up!! I was devastated LOL

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 3rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
What kind of music do you like? Just about everything, although I am not up to date on more recent music. Maria Mena is my all time favorite singer, though.

Is there someone you look up to? Why? Not really. :/

Which is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? Oh boy. I'll leave it at I had a rough few years when I was a teen.. Pre-Ash.

What are the three things that you cannot live without? (not including family, that is a given!) Internet. My massive plush blanket collection. ....does food/water count?

Do you like reading? Who is your favorite author? I love reading. I like Stephen King, but I haven't read in quite a while.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search