Activities

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my kids, we go outside every morning and just play in the yard. Play catch, run around, jump on the trampoline, etc. It was a lot more structured when they were younger though and needed more active involvement from me. When the baby comes, I know it will be back to that again.

One of my favorites when the kids were young were just to walk around with a bucket and talk about things in the world around us and pick up things (leaves, rocks, sticks, flowers, etc) and "collect" them. We would talk about shapes, colors, textures. As they got older, they would ask me to read street signs and stuff, too. It was 1 part relaxing, 1 part fun, and 1 part educational, and I think those walks helped with their language a lot at the time.

What is your favorite activity to do with your kids right now?
February 27th, 2013, 09:14 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Every day I take Drake to the park for an hour UNLESS its super windy and cold. Which even in AZ it can get VERY windy all of the sudden and be cold. But, Drake loves the park, and so do I. It's one on one, and we are out of the house. The play ground is on a big open field, and most days Drake would rather walk around the field kicking the ball around and collecting rocks and sticks. Fine by me! There is also a dog park there, he enjoys watching the dogs as well. Some days we will play in the yard, I don't like to that much because it's not very baby friendly.

Like you Lost, I explain things as he picks them up. Not that he understands yet but I do think that is important. I get excited when he picks up a rock so that encourages him to get more. It's really cute.

I would like to get a trampoline in the future. I think they are super fun. I am sure Drake would love it too. What kid doesn't!?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 27th, 2013, 09:56 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so cute that he goes to watch the dogs, too!

As my kids got older, I did have to explain that they need to ask me before picking something up (they were picking up garbage, like bottle caps and rubber bands, and I was worried about them picking up something that might be dangerous) but we haven't had any issues. Mostly they know they can pick up nature objects now.
February 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a playground across the street so M is over there all the time, sometimes multiple times a day. She has figured out how to climb onto the tire swing and distribute her weight evenly by splaying herself out on it, and then she wants to get spun around. She loves getting dizzy lol. Then she puts a foot down to signal she is done. And of course she is a pro on all the structures, she is such a monkey. I generally back off there though. She gets into the Zone and busily goes from one thing to the next in a circuit, I mainly just watch and make sure she stays safe. Like she has started attempting to climb DOWN some big ladders sometimes and that freaks me out, I always rush over. When she was younger she spent more time just running and exploring the grassy and natural areas, but now that she can climb all the ladders and slides she wants to do that all the time!!

We sometimes go in our backyard too. There is a raised bed with old veggies and weeds that I have never had the time or energy to spruce up or take care of. But she has a bunch of digging toys and small spades there and can just pull weeds or dig or throw dirt around to her heart's content. She can get VERY messy and when it gets warmer I will start busting out the water table more. She also likes to pull her wagon around.

At grandma and grandpa's house, they have a lot of edibles. She loves to pick berries and peas and just eat them right there, help water, pick lemons, etc. There is nothing cuter than her excitement in picking and eating her own ripe pea or berry, she loves it it will be great when they are back in season! She also likes to just do a garden tour holding a grandparent's hand and pointing out all the plants and talking about them.

February 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
The only issue I have is sometimes, like every 10th rock Drake picks up he wants to eat. My eyes have to be on him all the time. It scares me!

That sounds so cute! M likes to pick berries! I can imagine! I cannot wait until Drake likes to garden, well I hope he does. I plan to do alot of that!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 27th, 2013, 12:22 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We can't always make it out to the park here in town because of the weather, but we do love playing there. She likes to climb up the stairs and slide down the little slides. She likes to swing on my lap on a big swing. And whenever there are kids playing basketball she repeatedly yells, "Ball!" and tries to run and take it from them

This will be our first spring/summer where she is really old enough to get into many outdoor activities. I am looking forward to taking her to the town pool, they have a little splash park. And she loves spending time in the backyard throwing the ball or sticks for the dogs. They get a little crazy together though We have a stone driveway and she loves to play with the rocks. She does try to put them in her mouth, so I have taught her to collect them in her pockets instead. They end up in the laundry a lot. And we have a wheelchair ramp for my sister that she loves to run up and down and 'peek' through the bars at me.
February 27th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Destiny
I think my favourite thing is the one on one time with each kid, like talking and cuddling in bed.

I'm excited for the weather to warm up so I can show them everything outside.

February 27th, 2013, 11:34 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
We love to cuddle in bed in the mornings and watch a movie, we love coloring together and making art work. I traced her hand inside a heart and let her color it for Valentines Day for DH. He LOVED it! The winter here sucks so we tend to stay indoors a lot just playing and reading her books.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search