Diapers

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 2 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By breathing for two
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 2 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 04:52 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of diapers do you use?

We used cloth for all 3 of my kids. (pockets for my oldest, then prefolds and fitteds for my daughter, then mostly prefolds for my youngest). I have tried AIOs and found some I loved before, and not really sure why I didn't use them. I think I just liked how "fun" prefolds were!

This time, I was on the fence and considering disposables, which I did use with my first for a while. So I was considering Honest Company. I liked that they deliver and have organic products, etc. But I was also considering using AIOs. They take forever to dry, but I should be fine if I get enough diapers for 2 days but do the laundry on them daily.

Anyway, I bounced back and forth for a while, but eventually decided we were doing HC diapers for the newborn stage (this would actually be cheaper than having a newborn AIO stash) until we fit in the one size diapers. Then we're using cloth during the day from about 10lbs on. We'll use HC diapers for nighttime, babysitters, and long trips out of the house. It will probably put us at using cloth and disposables 50/50, but we'll see. If the baby isn't a heavy wetter we might use them at night, too.

I figure we have a lot of cloth diapering mamas, but even those who aren't, what do you use?
February 28th, 2013, 05:38 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We use the Honest Company! I love, love, LOVE them. The diapers work really well, and the patterns make a dirty task a little more fun

We also use a lot of their household products...it is nice to just be able to use things without worrying that I'm harming my kids with some kind of awful chemical. The home delivery is a lifesaver as well, and their customer service is fantastic. I highly recommend them.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 28th, 2013, 06:26 AM
SO glad to hear that, KMH! We plan to use their products, too. I'm getting the sample for now, but after that I am switching. I'm SO excited about them, too!
February 28th, 2013, 06:55 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We use cloth pretty much 99% of the time. Liam often wears a sposie for bedtime if I don't have any of the super-soaking nighttime diapers clean (I have three...and sometimes I don't wash but every four or five days). But the rest we use cloth.

We switched from sposies when Liam was 9 months. And really haven't looked back.

We use a bit of everything. Newborn stages it's generally prefolds, covers, fitteds, and wool. Although we have pockets and AIOs for the newbie stage as well. Once they hit the medium-large stash, it's generally AIOs and fitteds with wool. We have come hybrids with cloth inserts (flips, best bottoms) too. But we don't use them much unless we travel. My cloth stash is massive and not exactly the *most* economical. But I am still saving money (considering liam isnt keen on training and they will make it through 3 kids at least) and I enjoy them. So it's all good.
February 28th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We CD almost exclusively but I decided sposies were easier for traveling, and on rare occasions of M on nasty antibiotics, when I had bad morning sickness and M was pooping multiple times a day and I couldn't face spraying off so many poops, and her grandma pretty much only uses sposies. We use Nature Babycare because they don't have any SAP gel and M does not get too rashy in them (I think her skin gets dry too easily and that's why she reacts to other sposies). They are pricey so I try to minimize our use of them. Plus I hate the garbage and our city gives us a TINY bin with an insert in it to make it HALF SIZE and then we'd have to pay twice as much for a bigger bin, we had major trash issues when I had morning sickness.

February 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
My friend just told me about Honest Company, I had never heard of them. Their diapers are adorable.

When I was pregnant I did look into cloth, and I knew I would be traveling and cloth would not be an option. We started to travel when Drake was 15 days old. But anyways, sometimes I still think about it, but then sometimes I am like it is so easy to throw a diaper away. I use Pampers. They work the best for me. I think they are the softest.
alittlelost likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 28th, 2013, 09:14 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Honest just sent out a survey to vote on their new Summer prints...they are adorable
alittlelost and IronMamma like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I really should look into getting them! I am at the point though where I feel like well Drake is almost 15 months old now, but I KNOW that does not really matter. I still have a while in diapers.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

February 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Destiny
I use sposies, I own cloth, but I keep having problems with cleaning them. I had to share a washer and the neighbor lady kept throwing them on the dirty floor after a double cycle (because we took too long I guess), so I would have to rewash them, and in our new place we need to get a new washer before we start on cloth.

I use up&up diapers, because they're the best deal I've found by far, and I can get them delivered.
alittlelost likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Isn't having them delivered the best! I love diapers that offer that service
IronMamma likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I want my diapers delivered! It like Christmas all the time! But for a cute little booty!
KMH and alittlelost like this.

March 1st, 2013, 05:40 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I use pampers when I use disposables.
For cloth I had pockets- mostly cheapy sunbabies and alvababies. They annoyed me and always leaked.
Recently, though, I had to switch back to cloth after many months of using sposies. Avery had this bum rash that would not go away and I was wondering if it could be the diapers so I switched back to cloth. I also found now she doesn't leak nearly as much.
I just bought some bum genious elementals organic, which a sooo nice! They are an AIO but have a unique design I don't think it will take long for them to dry. I still need to get them pre-washed , morning sickness is still really kicking my butt.
alittlelost likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
I tried using cloth full time but got burned out fast since we live in an apartment and our washer dryer is 3 flights of stairs down (and back up)...
But I bought indian prefolds and flip covers after trying bumgenuis pocket style and finding them too much to deal with.
As soon as the weather warms up a bit, we're switching back to cloth full time and then potty training. =)
March 2nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use cloth only. Put a sposie on Nicholas and its instant rash.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 3rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
We use cloth most of the time. For trips out of the house I use sposies a lot because I'm not always in the mood for carrying a lot of cloth plus I have to be sure we have access to good changing facilities. At home we mostly use fitteds but I dont want to touch a wet one without knowing I can wash my hands. Pockets are a good option but if they get too wet they'll leak on skinnieminny.

When we use sposies we use nature's baby care. In here they dont cost any more than other sposies. I feel much better about using a sposie that a) wont be around for centuries in a landfill and b) is not full of creepy chemicals. I also find that they dont stink as badly as some sposies I have had the displeasure of using.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
March 3rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
We use cloth full time. I figured out great nighttime diapering combos (took long enough) so we haven't bought a sposie in quite a while. I love it! We use a combo of Kawaiis, fuzzibunz, blueberry diapers, and sunbabies which I don't really like but it's the majority of my stash because I figured they'd be like Kawaiis. Hope to get more of other brands eventually.
I started with the cloth when Ash was 3 or 4 months old and we did sposies a lot with her due to some pretty bad detergent allergies (bleeding bum rash with all but one detergent! and we tried about 4-5) and she peed a LOT at night. But now she's 99% potty trained except for bedtime and pees less at bedtime.
Matthew pees a LOT, but I figured out the right combo for his bedtime diaper!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 3rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We use cloth 100% of the time. We are leaving the kids with a sitter for the first time on Tuesday and I bought a package of sposies for her. I actually had to ask what size to buy because I was totally clueless. I haven't looked back since switching with our second child. We have mostly bgs and happy heinys with a few other randoms thrown in.

March 4th, 2013, 07:03 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cloth. Well, DS uses 7th gen at night because everything else gives him blisters at night. During the day DS is mostly in Blueberry and Kawaii pockets. Zoe is mostly in fitteds now that I've started sewing my own.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search