Baby Carries/Slings!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By alwayssmile
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 02:22 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Post pictures of your favorite finds (either ones you own or ones you wish you could).

I think this one is super cute for a boy

This is one I saved from my last baby. I love it

After trying ring slings, moby wraps, mai tais, and pouch slings, I eventually ended up settling on something more traditional (beco baby carriers) BUT I do still like to have options, so I'll have a few wraps, too
February 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
This looks neat, too. It's a versatile shirt that can also be used as a baby carrier!

The Versatile Chimparoo baby carrier - YouTube
February 28th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Destiny
This is the mei tai I own, it was all I could afford at the time, but I love it, especially for the price
Amazon.com: Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier Black/Gray: Baby

This is my Ergo:
Amazon.com: Ergo Baby BC2EPK1 Galaxy Grey Baby Carrier with Galaxy Lining And LED Safety Reflector Light: Baby

but this is my favourite print by far
Amazon.com: Ergo Baby BCEPR001NL Original Baby Carrier - Night Sky: Baby

This is the ring sling I own (though I can't find my pattern), I'll be using it with the new baby
http://slingsandmore.com/DSC02284_cropped_2.JPG

I also own a black moby, but it's boring to look at

February 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM
LOVE your mei tai and ergo!
February 28th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pics from my phone is too hard. But I have an Ergo sport or performance (the more breathable kind), it is basic black/grey, a Boba (also grey), a Maya ring sling (neutral stripes), and a bright blue Dolcino woven wrap that I am excited to use a lot when baby is just a newborn.
alittlelost likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I can't wait to baby wear again!
March 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Me either! I had to stop because my big guy only likes front-carries...and that ain't happening right now

I can't do pics easily either (iPad is hateful in that regard). But I have Grey Galaxy (Ergo), a bright red maya sling, a blue/silver bamboo print Mei Tai, and a lime green w/ paisley print panel and white solarveil Kinderpack. The Kinderpack print suits me so much, it's just bright and fun. And fairly gender neutral. I also have two wraps, one is a neutral yellow with bluebirds and one is pretty girly...a Natibaby jonquils. I don't need another carrier, wrap, or otherwise. But I would love, love, love lime waves...swoon!!
alittlelost likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 01:12 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Most of mine are super plain so DH can wear them, too. We have 3 Hotslings (natural hemp, black/black floral, and pink), 2 Moby's (one tan and one black), and 2 Ergos (organic chocolate and grey/black performance). My only print is this Beco Gemini that I really love:

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 1st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oops, I forgot about a couple is that a sign I have too many??? Lol. I also have a Babyhawk Mei Tai (olive with a green botanical patterned panel and pocket) and a black UV-protective water wrap.

March 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Shen, which water wrap do you have? I'm trying to figure out how to do the pool with 3-under-3, and I'm pretty sure it will have to involve wearing one

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 1st, 2013, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I ended up getting a pricier one... Gypsy Mama Water Wrap... it just looked so versatile! And even as a sunshade it would be awesome. I am going to use it for showering in the beginning and then also at the beach and pool.

March 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM
too many slings? any such thing??

I'm curious about the water wraps for showering...
ashj_1218 likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 07:36 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*sigh* I'll leave this window open to remind myself the next time I have a free moment to post a stash shot. And I'll dig up photos of carriers that have passed through here. There have been quite a few.

March 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Okay, what's currently at my house:

LR/TB: Taylor Made mesh ring sling, SBP BBSlen Pineapple ring sling, a visiting Girasol Big Sur, Didymos aqua waves 3, Storch Leo Rose 4, Neobulle Margot 6, SBP purple linen ring sling, baby sized Bambeoo, WAHM mei tai, Mei Tai Baby, Ergo, Beanslings mei tai, and WAHM double gauze ring sling.
And Storch Anna too but she's missing from the above shot because my son took her to bed with him.

Oh and 2 toy carriers!
Beanslings SSC:

Left the house just today (sold)- Jade Candy 5

Past carriers:
Ellaroo mei tai-
Comfy Joey linen ring sling -
Angel Pack LX -
Baby sized w/ solarveil Bamberoo -
And a moby wrap and a DIY gauze wrap that I'm too lazy to search for photos of.

Am I forgetting something? Probably.
breathing for two likes this.

Last edited by alwayssmile; March 4th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
March 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
too many slings? any such thing??

I'm curious about the water wraps for showering...
I have a mesh ring sling. It's fantastic in the water. I used it last summer at the beach and in a pool with my son. He was 25/26 lbs last summer and it was great! I wouldn't want to use it on dry land for long amounts of time with a kiddo that big (it was fine for the walk from the car to the beach and back), but it was great in the water! I do use it for showering when traveling.

March 4th, 2013, 08:22 PM
I don't know what I want next, but I do have money for another wrap burning a hole in my pocket.

March 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Lol! It's an addiction Im in love with your stash. I really want more wraps, but I didn't get that far into wrapping Kieran before he became a total PITA to wrap. So we just use SSCs for him. But I keep eying more wraps that I love. I really would love a Bamberoo as well. I hear such great things about them. But having a nice collection of SSCs means I don't "need" one.

Oh, I am thinking I need a water sling/wrap this summer too. I'll have a newbie for most of the summer and it feels necessary Or maybe I am just rationalizing it is necessary! Lol.
alwayssmile likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search