random.

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
miamor
does it bother you when...
people wear mismatched socks?
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants?
men wear flip flops?
March 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
people wear mismatched socks? I honestly never noticed anyone having mismatched socks but it would not bother me if I did!
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? Not really. I have been known to blur the line myself at times. Usually with sweats or yoga pants though.
men wear flip flops? Nope. See it all the time around here. DH has a couple different pairs

March 1st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Destiny
none of that bothers me. My hubby always gets twitchy when I wear socks with sandals though

March 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no, no, and no
March 1st, 2013, 03:58 PM

people wear mismatched socks? nope, i do it often

people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? eh, i've done it before myself but now that i'm older i want my kid to know we get dressed before leaving the house. i try not to be too judgemental though, you never know what the circumstances are

men wear flip flops? as long as they don't have disgusting feet. if you have gross feet man or woman, cover that sh*t up! (sorry hope that word usage is ok here)
March 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Veteran
None of it bothers me either. However, what does bother me is the fact that DH wears his socks upside down (e.g. the heel of his sock on top of his foot and the top of the sock on the bottom of his foot). How can that not bother him?!?
March 1st, 2013, 05:15 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
people wear mismatched socks? I guess if it is obvious it would bother me.

people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? Yes, this is one of my huge pet peeves. I try not to be judgy, but how hard is it to put on a real pair of pants before you leave the house? Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but appropriate personal appearance is important to me.

men wear flip flops? To the beach or shower is fine, but it bothers me anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divadresser View Post
DH wears his socks upside down (e.g. the heel of his sock on top of his foot and the top of the sock on the bottom of his foot). How can that not bother him?!?
Wow, really? That would drive me nuts
divadresser likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 1st, 2013, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My socks basically never match, and it's hilarious how many people it upsets. "Did you know that your socks *do not match*?". Um, yeah, I'm aware.

Pyjama pants - some aren't bad, like yoga-type pants. But overall, I figure it's not that hard to put on some real clothes. It just looks sloppy.

Men in flipflops - depends. I hate feet, in general. Men's feet are rarely even remotely attractive. I don't love them, that's for sure.

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

March 1st, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
people wear mismatched socks?no, i never notice
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants?nah, i'm not gonna lie, i once took dh his supper wearing Dr. Seuss footie pajamas...normally i try to put on pants before leaving home though
men wear flip flops?yeah kinda... agreed about beach and shower...otherwise men dont belong in flipflops! just not a god look imo

March 1st, 2013, 06:55 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
No all around, unless the pajama "pants" are pajama shorts that leave a** cheeks hanging out. Have some decency, nobody wants to see that.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
people wear mismatched socks? Yes, it annoys me because I think they are trying to hard to be "quirky"
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? Yes. Pajama pants are for sleeping and lounging. Not for public places.
men wear flip flops? No

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
people wear mismatched socks? No my socks almost never match at some stores they even sell them mismatched
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? Yes
men wear flip flops? No but I hate it when they wear socks with flip flops
March 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
None of those really bother me. People wearing pajama pants to class when we have a presentation to do annoy me but that's only happened twice haha

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
March 2nd, 2013, 01:30 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
people wear mismatched socks? i don't care enough, to notice lol.
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? eh not my thing but whatever
men wear flip flops? no

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
people wear mismatched socks? not sure, havent seen that too often.
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? I have seen one person do that once and I found it bit weird. Didnt get to the bother or not bother part.
men wear flip flops? flip flops are not shoes and thankfully they dont get worn much at all around these parts of the globe by either gender.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
March 3rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
people wear mismatched socks? No
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? Yeah, sort of. I only own one pair of jeans so I wear PJ pants at the house, but always wear jeans outside of the house.
men wear flip flops? ...I hate feet, and I hate body hair. Men have hairy feet, so yes..it freaks me out!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 5th, 2013, 03:47 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
people wear mismatched socks? nope
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? A little, because I imagine them getting those pants all gross and then hoping in their bed. "yuck:
men wear flip flops? nope

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 6th, 2013, 04:48 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
people wear mismatched socks? Nope i do all the time.
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? i wouldnt wear them out just bc i think a little effort is required. lol. There was this girl a few years ago at a softball game (hubby plays softball) and she was bragging about how she can just go get in bed after the game bc shes already in her pajamas, it was muddy and gross & so were her pants, she wasnt a little girl either she had just turned 21 a few weeks before
men wear flip flops? I dont care what other men wear. My hubby wont wear them bc he hates the feeling of something between his toes.

March 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
people wear mismatched socks? Yes. Just take the 2 seconds to put yourself together minimally before leaving the house!
people wear pajama pants out like regular pants? YES. Yoga pants I don't mind, PJ pants irk me big time.
men wear flip flops? Nope.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search