"Quirks?"

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 2 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KatyG
  • 2 Post By marieks85

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM
Veteran
Do any of you ladies have any funny "quirks" about you? For example, I absolutely HAVE to put my left shoe on first when putting on my shoes. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. I've tried to trick myself in the past by putting on my right shoe first and then pretending that I didn't. But it always feels so wrong and I wind up taking off both shoes and putting my left one on first!
March 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate socks!!! it gets to be -50 here in the winters and i would rather be barefoot inside.

also when i sleep my mattress has to be at least 1cm back from the box spring, otherwise when i close my eyes it feels like i'm tipping over the edge of the bed.... its all in my head i know!
divadresser likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 06:53 PM
Veteran
Totally agree about socks! I never wear socks! Although if it gets too cold in the house, I'll wear slippers. Without socks, of course.
March 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Hmmm... I honestly cannot think of anything!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Too many to even being typing...I'm a mess
divadresser and miamor like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I sleep with like four pillows, two under my head, I hug one with my arms and I put one between my knees
I hear ya on the sock I only wear the super thin no show ones
miamor likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to sleep with blankets on even during summer. I feel too exposed without them. Even when I was 9 months pregnant in July/August I was still sleeping with blankets LOL
divadresser and miamor like this.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
March 1st, 2013, 11:41 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
I have to sleep by the wall, but can't be touching it so I layer pillows and blankets along the wall.

March 2nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieks85 View Post
I have to sleep with blankets on even during summer. I feel too exposed without them. Even when I was 9 months pregnant in July/August I was still sleeping with blankets LOL
I do this too

When I have a light that works for multiple switches, I always need them to face a certain way. Like for our entry light, it needs to point down by the door and in the living room. It bugs me until I do it. It's especially strong if there's more than one switch in a row. They need to stand the same way.

March 2nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been trying to think of stuff but I don't think I have any quirks like that. I mean, I have some sensitivities. I am very sensitive to odors and hate stuffy rooms and chemical smells like room fresheners and perfumes. I have some food sensitivities so I avoid pork and cow milk/cheese. I am a total weenie about wearing comfortable clothing and shoes, I hate high heels of any kind and need everything relatively loose and comfy or I am just whiny and miserable. I'm not OCD about it though.

March 2nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I clean the house, I have to do it in a certain order. Drives my husband crazy
March 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hmmm...I have a few that I guess make me fruity

-I can not physically stand the sound of bathroom vent fans. If I am in public and it's one of those bathrooms that has it on the same switch/circuit as the light...I won't use the bathroom. If it is on at your house, I will turn it off. It drives me mad. DH knows never to turn them on or risk my wrath.

-I hate brushing my teeth. So I do it in the shower. It feels less hateful when I at least have warm water running over me and can daydream without worrying about dripping toothpaste on my shirt. I tend to actually over brush though because I am also paranoid about my breath being stinky. AND I also will only brush with a certain toothpaste. So I guess I am just a freak when it comes to my teeth! Lol.

-I have not written in print since I was in second grade. I had a hard time separating words in sentences when I wrote. So my teacher taught me cursive special, thinking it would help me grasp the idea of leaving a space (since the letters in a word physically connected). It worked (and my 3rd and 4th grade teachers were mighty impressed I already knew proper cursive!) and I have never written in print again. My cursive always gets compliments because it is very neat, but I also can write super-quick (all those years if practice). I can't even be sure I will be able to teach my kids to write in print, just for lack of practice!
March 3rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Oh boy.
1) I have at least a dozen small bits of satin fabric I play with throughout the day. I actually have one on my chest right now.. lol. They're around 3x4-4x5in pieces.
2) I hate shoes and socks. I will go outside mid-winter to get the mail barefoot because I can't stand stuff on my feet.
3) I have an absurdly large collection of plush blankets. I sleep with 1-2 under my head, 1 on my shoulders..and generally cuddle with 1-2 too..Ash has started taking my blankets too..

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 4th, 2013, 04:46 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Things have to be even. Like if my husband kisses one cheek he has to kiss the other. Or if like on my desk at work the speakers have to be the exact same distance apart from the screen. I am all about symmetry.

I HATE dots close together it makes me wanna throw up. Not like polka dots small tiny dots together.

I like my hands and my feet squeezed. But they better be even, the same amount of pressure must be applied lol.

March 4th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ash maybe I do shower brushing teeth for brendan can get him to shower but it takes forever to get him to brush teeth.
My quirks are whenever I am shopping or getting blood drawn I have to be
drinking juice only juice and I hate socks too when its cold out i only wear them
going out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search