Cooking and Baking

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you cook or bake with your LO?
What are some of your favorite dishes to make together?
How do they help you out?
March 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Destiny
Not yet! My kids are notoriously bad at following directions. I'm thinking about letting them in on my next baking project, just to see how it goes. Eli certainly likes moving things from one container to the next, probably a good skill for baking.

March 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you cook or bake with your LO?
anyone who wants to pitch in can.

What are some of your favorite dishes to make together?
Soup, cakes/cupcakes/muffins, anything really, but baking is always fun!

How do they help you out?
When possible, they help pick the ingredients. They bring my ingredients I ask for. And their favorite: stirring the ingredients or adding them to the pot (when it's not hot).
March 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No, M is a little too young and out of control to help much... and we have a very small kitchen with all kinds of interesting things to mess up or hurt herself with/on Plus she is still so oral, everything would go straight into the mouth! I would love to have a bigger house with a safer kitchen and have her able to watch and eventually help me prepare food... we will definitely move to a bigger house sometime in the next few years so eventually we will get there.

March 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not yet, but I cant wait!! Sometimes I let him pour something into a bowl or pot for me, and he's helped me mix things on occasion which he just squeals about and loves!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 4th, 2013, 07:33 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aiden helps me out a lot. He loves to watch me whenever I'm in the kitchen - has his own stool for it! If it's kiddo safe, he'll get his hands into it. I often have him stir. Or I'll give him a measuring cup to measure out the flour. He'll hold the measuring spoon if I'm pouring vanilla or oil or something. Right now he's trying really hard to figure out the pepper grinder for me. Pretty much anything is fair game for him to help as far as he's concerned. lol

March 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Do you cook or bake with your LO? Well I do. . .kinda. . .
(i put him in the highchair and scoot up next to me)

What are some of your favorite dishes to make together? cupcakes.

How do they help you out? Mostly he keeps me company.

March 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you cook or bake with your LO? She is not super interested yet, but she does like to help sometimes.

What are some of your favorite dishes to make together? She loves helping make frozen juice (not that that is cooking ), and she is really interested in cooking eggs and pasta.

How do they help you out? With juice, she gets the container from the freezer, carries the container to the microwave, helps dump in the water, and stirs. With eggs she like to climb in the fridge and get the eggs, then she watches me dump them in the pan, and we peek under the lid together to check on them. With pasta, she likes to splash in the water while I fill the pot, then she gets the colander out from the cupboard and helps me rinse off the noodles when they're done (and then she immediately wants to eat them all!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search