What's your morning "routine", if you have one?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl
  • 1 Post By klockert
  • 1 Post By breathing for two

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I admit we aren't big routine people. We're go with the flow. But, our family has sort have fallen into our own little flow just the same.

In the morning, the kids watch cartoons while I try to muster up the energy to get out of bed. I admit I'm not a morning person, and my boys get up SUPER early (where my daughter actually gets up AFTER I do haha). Sometimes I do some email/foruming before breakfast. I need "me time" when I wake up to get ready for the day, I admit. Sometimes I look up breakfast ideas while I'm at it. Then we have breakfast, then we go outside for a bit. When we come inside, the kids all do their own thing, with one kid at a time working on their schoolwork. This is usually when I get my editing work done, though I'm available all this time to help the kids with school, check out anything they want to show me, listen to anything they want to say, play with them, etc. I get interrupted a lot, but that's okay. I don't do anything during the day that they can't interrupt If we have "group school work" to do (such as a history lesson or science lesson) that usually gets done before lunch, but it not, we squeeze it in after lunch, but we don't do that every day. Sometimes I get some cleaning done before lunch, sometimes not until after. A lot of days we have afternoon activities, so by then there's no natural routine going on--It's just craziness

I'm a little nervous how having another baby is going to really shake things up around here!

What is your routine like?
March 3rd, 2013, 07:25 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
We really only have a morning routine. Avery gets up at 5:30 (sooo rough for me!) and we have breakfast. After breakfast we have a bath together, then we get dressed.

After that we usually watch some cartoons and have a snack until it's time for a nap around 9 or 9:30. Lately I have been napping with her.

After that the day kind of depends, but always has lunch, another snack and another nap in there.

We do have an evening routine though. We make supper, eat it, then we watch the news and play together after. We do PJ's and more play and then daddy does stories and bedtime.
alittlelost likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 3rd, 2013, 08:25 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Gabby wakes up around 5am when DH leaves for work. I bring her into bed with me and give her a bottle. She usually goes back to sleep until around 7:30. She watches whatever she is obsessed with at the time(right now it's The Lorax") for about 30-45 minutes while I lay next to her. We get up and I make her breakfast, we play, then she takes a nap around noon.
alittlelost likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 04:36 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We are big on routine.

Weekdays: I get up at 5:09am and get myself ready, I wake G up usually 6:10 get him dressed, give him a bottle hangout for a few minutes and we leave for grammas. She feeds him there.
Weekends: I get up when I hear G in his crib, which is usually anywhere from 7-10 i change him, take him downstairs, feed him & start our day.

March 4th, 2013, 05:08 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like great mornings all around
March 4th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
School morning if homework is completed 6:45 for me to get up and Brendan up
at 7 am . Eat breakfast get dressed and use bathroom 735 . He is out the door 744
to the bus stop . I am usually relaxing after he leaves for bus. If homework is not complete awake 6 am for me and 630 for Brendan.

March 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Destiny
We get up sometime between 6 and 7, we have breakfast (usually cereal, because it's morning) and after that we shower.
Eliana usually plays while I snuggle with Eli and read a book (when I'm not too tired I tidy up the house with Eli in the Ergo, but I've been much too tired for that for awhile). Around 9 or 10 Eliana's speech therapist comes over (on the days she doesn't come I sit with the kids and do some puzzles and crafts) and afterwards I make lunch and everyone naps (hopefully!)

I'm a little nervous about how the baby's going to throw a wrench into everything too, but I'm sure we'll adjust quickly.
alittlelost likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Ours is pretty loose. It depends on our schedule for the day. Usually Kieran wakes up at 6am and I bring him into my bed and we cuddle for 30-45 minutes. He is kinda in twilight sleep at this point. Then Liam comes into my room and climbs on DHs side and I flip on Little Einsteins for 30 minutes or we read books (depending on the request of the day). We generally get up around 7:30 and I get the boys breakfast (usually pancakes or waffles or eggs). We all eat and I get the boys changed and dressed. Then either they play together while I shower and get ready, or we all play (when we stay home). If we are running errands or Liam has school, we usually leave around 9:30 and come home around noon. If we are home, I will do dishes/laundry/house cleaning around 1030 or so. The kids sometimes help, sometimes play together, sometimes fight the entire time. Lol. Around 12:30 we get lunch and then watch a short show afterward. Naps are at 1:30 and usually are until around 3:30 (Liam a bit later, Kieran a bit earlier). I usually relax during naptime now, throwing in a chore, return phone call, etc in there. But im pretty lazy during naptime these days
March 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sooooo not a morning person. Aiden has already figured that one out, so he's stopped immediately waking me up when he wakes up, which is usually at 6am. He goes downstairs and plays. I usually wake up to him anyways, but at least I can warm up to the day. Our routine is for me to drink coffee and check my email and Facebook. Aiden gets a sippy of milk and plays. I do put on an episode of Sesame Street/Top Gear/whatever his newest obsession is on TV. When I finish my cup of coffee I feed him breakfast. After that we either laze around playing or we head upstairs to take a shower for the day. If we have errands we'll shower, but if we're not leaving the house I'll wait. Zoe sometimes sleeps for a couple more hours upstairs, sometimes she'll wake up with me. She's so easy going at least. If we have errands or playgroup or LLL or something it's usually in the morning at about 10am. That takes up the rest of the morning. If we don't have anywhere to go we do absolutely nothing productive because I am NOT a morning person. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search