your weather today..

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM
miamor
what is your weather like today?

what is the warmest weather you'll take LO(s) out in?
the coldest?
March 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what is your weather like today?
Snowfall warning in effect, but it's only -5 today.... it's really starting to feel like spring! I'm not even really joking.. the snow has been melting on the roads pretty quickly in the sun, so the roads up until this morning have been nice and dry!

what is the warmest weather you'll take LO(s) out in?I'm more worried about UV levels... I don't think there is such thing as weather too hot to be out in, you just take precautions. Covering up from the sun, staying in the shade, or in nice cool water, and drinking lots of water.... I figure if kids in Afghanistan can hang around in 50-60 degree heat why can't I or my kids

the coldest?Again, no limits... I believe that there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.... again, wearing weather appropriate clothing, limiting exposure time, and possibly location (playing in an area sheltered from the wind).. you can always get out.. it usually only ever gets down to -40 with the wind.... so it's livable. Same example as above... kids in the arctic do it, why can't mine.

March 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Today is according to my phone: 23
I would take him out in the snow, bundled up really well, so i guess this would be the coldest for a few. But hottest would probably be in the 90s. I dunno its sooo hard to say depending on the humidity and all that.

March 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Destiny
what is your weather like today? cloudy and cold

what is the warmest weather you'll take LO(s) out in? I haven't encountered weather warm enough that wouldn't take the kids out in it. Nothing a light outfit, sunscreen or a parasol can't fix

the coldest? I don't take them out when it's below freezing. More for my sake, because I can't stand the cold. I guess I'm cold sensitive, because more than a few minutes in the cold and I feel nauseous and get a pounding headache.

March 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
It's 34 degrees here (F) and really windy.

I generally will take them out in rather warm weather. But over 100 degrees and I try to limit the time out there and make sure to have tons of water and sunblock on hand. We live in a humid, water surrounded area, so it can get pretty muggy and unbearable in temps over 100.

As for cold, it doesn't get too cold to take them out around here. The lowest we get is somewhere around 15 degrees (F). But if it's under 40 and windy, we don't go out. Liam gets wind burn on his cheeks really badly and it's just rather unpleasant when we get the cold winds blowing. Today is one of those days that isn't terribly cold. But just unpleasant to be out in. So we ran errands and otherwise didn't spend any time outside.

I am so excited for the middle of this month. It's when it gets more temperate and we will be outside A LOT. From now until July it is usually really gorgeous around here. July and August get some decent humidity, then it's great again from September to November. I do like the weather around here, only a few so-so months for outdoor play.
March 4th, 2013, 12:18 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
It can't be too bad since all the snow is melting, it sounds like it's raining.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
miamor
well it was low 40s around 9am and sunny and now in typical colorado fashion, it's 25 and snowing with lots of wind and i can hardly see the houses across the way. woohoo. good thing we went out this morning for some walking/play.

hm..we live in an alpine desert so dry heat can be pretty crazy and the sun here is nuts since we're so high up. yes, i'll do sunscreen and a hat, but let's face it, it's not exactly enjoyable with anything over 80-85 if you ask me...maybe if there's a breeze closer to 85. otherwise, we're staying in!

as for cold. it's all about wind chill values. i can be out if it's 25 and no wind, but once the wind rolls in, we get cold and it's no fun on the skin of your face.
March 4th, 2013, 07:44 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
It was snowing and about -10C today.

I have not encountered too warm of weather to take Avery out in yet. Nothing a hat and some shade or a kiddy pool can't fix.

In terms of cold, I won't take her out below 0 C. It gets really windy where we live and the wind chill is super cold on faces, etc. Also Avery does not enjoy the snow at all yet, so playing outside in winter involves walking up and down the sidewalk, which is not always shoveled. It's just lame so I don't take her out if it's cold.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 4th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what is your weather like today? Highs in the 50s and cloudy, windy near the ocean.

what is the warmest weather you'll take LO(s) out in?
the coldest?
Pretty much anything if we have the gear. She loved the Texas summer heat when we went last July, though we stayed in the water and shade. We will take a trip to the mountains for snow at some point and just have snow gear. The weather is super mild year round where we live so it is never that big a deal. She goes out in the rain sometimes... we try to avoid peak sun exposure hours in the summertime... but she loves being outside and we go outdoors a lot.

March 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
In terms of cold, I won't take her out below 0 C. It gets really windy where we live and the wind chill is super cold on faces, etc. Also Avery does not enjoy the snow at all yet, so playing outside in winter involves walking up and down the sidewalk, which is not always shoveled. It's just lame so I don't take her out if it's cold.
Haha, Eli does the same thing, if I try to put him down in the snow he'll fuss so he just walks up and down our front pathway. Meanwhile, last time we went out my daughter got stuck in a snow drift.
My kids.

March 5th, 2013, 03:03 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
It is SOOO nice out today. Its overcast, but the sun is still there. Its in its 60's. I wish it was like this all year round. I will take Drake out in any weather as long as he is dressed properly. I have taken him out in over 100 degree weather, but that is what you get for living in Arizona. I have also taken him out in negative weather during the snow.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search