Random complaint (how much sleep?)

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 07:37 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Urghh... Avery is such an early riser. She is up around 5:30 every morning. (after going to sleep around 8). That is only 9.5 hours of sleep, which is her usual. I thought toddlers needed like 11-12 overnight?

She is TOTALLY ready to go at this time too. Every since she started STTN. Which I guess I should be happy she STTN.

On top of that she naps 2-3 hours per day. So she gets about 11.5-12.5 hours in total.

How old are your kids and how much sleep do they have total, per day?

Anyone else have an early riser?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 5th, 2013, 05:23 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
How old are your kids and how much sleep do they have total, per day? Claire is 2.5 and sleeps 10 hours at night (8:30pm - 6:30am) and a 2 hour nap.

Anyone else have an early riser? 6:30 seems early to me, but the babies are awake then anyway, so it isn't awful.

The time changes this coming weekend, so then 5:30 will be 6:30 Maybe that will help?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 5th, 2013, 06:04 AM
miamor
carlos naps about 2 hours a day and then goes to sleep around 7.45...he ALWAYS wakes up between 5 and 5.30 and is ready to go. doesn't matter if he goes to sleep earlier or later. this is just when he wakes up. he still wakes over night a few times too...
and to top it all off for us...stupid daylight savings is coming AGAIN!!! i've been getting him to sleep 45mins earlier for the last week and a half and will try to shift it 15 mins more this week so i can get the adjustment correct when it happens.
March 5th, 2013, 08:21 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary is 15 months. He usually takes one nap (usually about 2 hours) He goes to bed around 8-8:30 and I wake him up at 6:10ish weekdays (since i have to go to work) but on weekends he sleeps usually til 8- 8:30.

March 5th, 2013, 11:22 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor usually sleeps 11-12 hours at night (around 8/8:30 to 8/8:30 usually). But she is up at least 3 times a night, so it is more like 10/10.5-11/11.5 hours of sleep. Then I am lucky if she naps for 1.5 hours during the day, so her total is 11.5-13 hours I guess.
March 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Kieran is similar to Avery in sleep amounts. He usually sleeps from 8:30pm-6am. We do cuddle for about 30 minutes in the morning, but he is not asleep...just groggy. So that is around 9.5 hours too. He naps for between 1.5 and 2 hours daily. He is 17 months and gets 11-12 hours daily. It seems to be enough for him.

But Liam is 3.5 and sleeps more than Kieran. He goes to bed around 9pm and sleeps until 7-7:30am. That is 10-10.5 hours at night. And then he naps for a minimum of 2 hours, more often 3 hours in the afternoon. So he generally gets between 12-13.5 hours a day. It is generally around 13 though.

Liam used to be an early bird when he was younger (between 1-2). I don't remember exactly when it changed, but it was around when Kieran was born, I think. 6am doesn't bother me...but anything in the 5am hour is horrific Haha.
March 5th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Charlie sleeps from 9 PM to at least 7:30 AM every night, pretty reliably. He's a great sleeper now, but was awful when he as younger.

Beau goes down anywhere between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM (or later!), depending on if he decides to be nice to me or not. He usually gets up anywhere between 7 AM and 8 AM. He also wakes up 4-5 times per night to nurse. So, my sleep = zero. C'est la vie! That's how it was also with Charlie when he was that age, and he's fine now, so maybe there's hope for the future.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
March 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old are your kids and how much sleep do they have total, per day?
Boy, age 7: 11ish hours a day
Girl, age 6: 13ish hours a day
Boy, age 4: 11ish hours a day

Anyone else have an early riser?
Both my boys! They get up at 6:30 (too early for me) but sometimes as early as 5:30 or even 4:30 in the morning!
March 5th, 2013, 09:00 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aiden used to go down at 8pm and sleep until 7 almost 8am. It was great. Well, this past summer he decided to go to fighting sleep at night till 10pm (sometimes till midnight!) and then started waking up at 6:30. Well, now he's usually asleep by 9pm, but up by 6am on the dot. Tried to tell him he couldn't get up till the sun is up but he just doesn't get it. *sigh* He doesn't even nap everyday anymore either. Though I guess on average he gets 10-11 hours total in a day.
Zoe has no schedule. But she's 3 months. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search