Take Out/Delivery

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 05:27 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you order take out? What are your fave places to order from/types of food to order?
March 6th, 2013, 06:24 AM
miamor
we are guilty of the occasional veggie pizza take out! this town doesn't have the best take out foods (nothing like the dc area) so it's easy to save money that way
March 6th, 2013, 09:09 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only people that deliver where we live are pizza and I can't eat that. There are only two places out in town I currently trust to eat at, so we just go and eat there rather than do take out since it's so rare.

March 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Destiny
I never have, the closest I've gotten is a delivery guy who tried for the wrong place.

My hubby wanted to pay him and take the food anyway

March 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Eh probably once every other week we have Chinese delivered. We have a favorite place and they are always soooo nice.

March 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Maybe every 2-3 months? Chinese or pizza.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Umm...I order this awesome delivery salad from around the corner about once a week! Lol. I just love it. They are a local restaurant that makes all their stuff from scratch and do the best BLT salad. It's loaded with fresh veggies and hard boiled eggs. And I have a love affair with bacon They have an amazing vinegarete dressing that comes with it (on the side, I hate my salad drowning in dressing!).

But we live in a college town, so we can order basically anything we want and have it delivered. We don't usually for the family though. I just order for lunch on a lazy day or when I have a craving for one.
March 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Maybe once every 2-3 months. We indulge on delivery pizza, Chinese, or diner food every few months. My favorite would be diner food, and they just started delivering!

March 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Given that BF is a delivery driver, pizza is the most common (just about the only) food we have delivered.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 6th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Never, we don't have any options for take out or delivery.

March 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM
We order way too much
March 6th, 2013, 05:01 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't had anything delivered here, but we do get takeout probably about once a week or a little less. Usually pizza or Subway (if that's 'takeout' ) cause that's all we have in town. I really haven't gotten my act together on wanting to cook every day.
March 6th, 2013, 05:08 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
We order pizza or Chinese maybe twice a month
March 6th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We get take out once a week or sometimes more. Usually Japanese/sushi or Thai, those places are both really good and high quality. Or we will pick up burritos. Sometimes I need a burrito There are lots of pizza places too but I can't handle that much cheese. All the Chinese places around here are terrible and there is no Indian take out. All in all it is a much better scene than Mississippi where it was fast food or nothing, but not nearly as good as Boston when we lived there. I miss this one sandwich place and this one Indian place in particular from our old neighborhood in Boston. And there's not much delivery here, just take out. It is a college town but the campus is removed from the main part of town and it is not a huge college or huge town.

March 7th, 2013, 07:59 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
We typically do not eat out. Not because we do not want too, but because I do not like it. I am so scared of food that I do not prepare. It grosses me out! For fast food, the onyl fast food I will eat is Subway! Oh wait, Papa Murpheys.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 8th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Oh man, I got some really bad food at subway once LOL We're picky about which places we order from, too, so I get that <3
March 8th, 2013, 06:09 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
We typically do not eat out. Not because we do not want too, but because I do not like it. I am so scared of food that I do not prepare. It grosses me out! For fast food, the onyl fast food I will eat is Subway! Oh wait, Papa Murpheys.
Papa Murpheys lol that sounds fake. Like from a TV show haha. I do not enjoy Subway's sammiches blegh. But maybe I just haven't had good experiences.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search