Skin Care Products

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miamor

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 05:34 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your favorite skin care products for mom or baby?

We just tried some products from honest company, and I'm a convert

The shampoo/body wash smells SOOOO good. It has a light, clean scent, but it still has a scent (I love scented LOL) It's tangerine and vanilla. I tried it on my son and it goes his hair SO clean and his hair STAYED smelling clean between washes (this never happens for some reason with other washes we have used...). I've also been using the "healing balm" which I guess is intended as a diaper rash, but I've used it on my nipples (they are dry lately for some reason) on my lips as a chapstick, and on my daughter's chapped skin under her nose from a cold. Works really well! I even used it under my own nose, and no skin reaction! (I ALWAYS break out when I put moisturizer of any kind on my face). I want to try their face and body lotion, but I'm still nervous about trying a new lotion on my face due to my history, but if I try I'll update on how that goes. I do wish their face/body lotion was scented, though, to match the body wash!
March 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
miamor
butt naked baby for carlos, home made things also like sugar/honey/coconut oil scrubs, etc. (he inherited my dry skin, unfortunately).
and for me, i'm a devout origins user.
alittlelost likes this.
March 6th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sooo sensitive to scented things! There are very few scented products that do not bother me. I just find them overpowering and yucky, mostly. Even if it is essential oil based but still too strong. So I go for mostly fragrance free stuff. But some brands don't bother me. I am one of those people in the store opening all the bottles and sniffing them lol.

I am not very brand loyal. I tend to just get some random, non yucky smelling thing from the crunchy natural grocery store when I need a new item. Or if I am having a serious problem I get a mainstream drugstore brand- like I was having disgusting dandruff after I got pregnant so I got Head & Shoulders.

My current favorite products are Weleda calendula diaper cream and sea buckthorn body wash; moroccan argan oil for my hair (dry and curly/frizzy) and face, it's fantastic and a great sustainable natural product; aaaand my Head & Shoulders seriously, it totally fixed my dandruff and I love it right now!

March 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am one of those people in the store opening all the bottles and sniffing them lol.

Me too, but obviously for a different reason! I LOVE scents but I'm so picky! I also use the moroccan argan oil for my hair! I'd be afraid to try it on my face but now I'm afraid to put anything on my face. There's only be ONE face lotion I haven't had a bad reaction to yet (I've tried tons of "gentle/sensitive skin/etc" ones) and oddly the one that doesn't bother me wasn't made for sensitive skin haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search