Balance

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By KatyG
  • 1 Post By ohnicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 06:28 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the keys to attachment parenting is balance. Easier said then done sometimes O.o Is there anything you do to keep balance in your life? We all know it can be done, and it's not always easy. I know there's been times I've been caught in the trap of not being in balance (too focused on my kids to nurture other relationships and interests in my life--it can be all too easy to forget how that's not healthy for our kiddos either!) I do think some people might think attachment parenting is when a parent is their child's slave, but really, if that's the set up, then the parent is really utilizing all the beneficial aspects of attachment parenting (imo) such as finding balance.

So, how do you balance in your marriage and your personal interests, etc, along with caring for your child?
March 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I honestly feel like I balance everything pretty well. I don't know what exactly i do, but we have routine I feel like the way we have done things since G was born just works for us, we have a good balance, I just dont know how to explain it haha
alittlelost likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Honestly I think it's really hard to find a balance. I have a hard time with it and forget like time with friends or time to myself. It's hard to balance being in school full time and raising twins. But I've been trying to use my time better like doing my homework during my down time at school so I can spend time with the babies. And I am going to start letting my parents watch them like one Saturday night a month so I can have some time with my friends.
alittlelost likes this.
March 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I think I have a pretty good balance. Drake is so easy going during the day that DH and I always have time to just sit and talk or whatever. When Drake goes to bed we spend atleast one hour together just talking or watching tv. The only time we really do not get, is DTD time. We are so tired! But other then that, I think we got this balance thing really well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 8th, 2013, 07:31 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like finding a balance is really hard when it's only DH and I available to care for Eleanor. Especially when I'm tired, it's pretty much me alone with Eleanor from wake up until dinner, we eat together, then DH puts her to bed, and by the time he is done I am ready for bed, but I drag my feet because it's the only chance I get to spend with him (or any adult!) all day. Blah. I don't know, this is a sore subject with me right now.
miamor likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search