Do you wear make up?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By miamor
  • 1 Post By ohnicole
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By KatyG

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 06:49 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I almost never wear make up. Maybe once a month at MOST. I bet I often go 3-6 months without wearing any and just don't notice. I do think I look nice though with a tinted moisturized and some lip glass and a little mascara, when I do use it. My daughter, when she sees me putting it on, is always like "What are you doing?" Is it weird that I'm kind of happy she needs to ask? LOL

What about you? Do you wear make up?
March 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
For work I wear mascara and eyeliner. Or when we go somewhere fancy. But when I'm home and perhaps running a few errands, no I do not.

March 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM
miamor
love make up...i love to explore new make up and colors. i've been that way since i got my barbie that came with blue eye shadow when i was 8. my mom was always cool about it and she likes make up too, so she never cared if i played around with it. she's still always gifting me new glosses, eye shadows or mascaras to try. i dont know what to do with myself in places like sephora.

Last edited by miamor; March 8th, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
March 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mac and Sephora are my favorite, too. I used to love doing my make up. I still do, I just don't do it every day. One of my friends asked how I have such clear skin and thinks it's because I don't wear make up, but I think it's still uneven in tone, which is why I think I look better when I have a tinted moisturizer on But I really do love playing around with eye shadow when I wear it
March 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
miamor
i was going to use mac as an example because of their huge selection, but i haven't been there in yeeeeears and years since they had iffy animal testing policies. sephora carries a few lines that are animal friendly, some are even vegan.
i have pretty clear skin and i wear make up almost every single day. i think the key is good cleansing and skin care practices in general...i'm obsessed with all of that stuff.
alittlelost likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't wear makeup often, but I have been trying to put some on when I go out because it does make me feel a little better... like I'm not just an exhausted mom who can't be bothered I usually just wear a little eyeliner, neutral eyeshadow, and mascara.
alittlelost likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamor View Post
i was going to use mac as an example because of their huge selection, but i haven't been there in yeeeeears and years since they had iffy animal testing policies. sephora carries a few lines that are animal friendly, some are even vegan.
i have pretty clear skin and i wear make up almost every single day. i think the key is good cleansing and skin care practices in general...i'm obsessed with all of that stuff.

I think so too, although (and I know this will sound gross) but I only wash my face like once a week at most lol
March 8th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Destiny
I don't remember the last time I wore makeup. I bought some intending to wear it more often and it just didn't happen.

March 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel a million times better with make up on. Its not an every day thing, because I rarely go out, but when I do, its a full face thing.

March 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I never have; I don't see a reason for it, really.
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 8th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't wear makeup. The most I ever do is eyebrow pencil. I have a bad nervous habit of pulling on my eyebrows and sometimes I get bald spots, which I try to cover up with pencil. But that only happens like once or twice a year in an unusually stressful time. On a daily basis I am just moisturizer and chapstick. I am lucky in my coloring though, I have strong lashes and brows and as long as I am reasonably healthy, I look fine. At least in my opinion. I hate the feel of stuff on my face and worrying about rubbing it off and stuff.
alittlelost likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
No, I never really have. Prom and my wedding, I think, that's about it! I don't even own any.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
March 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
I maybe wear it once a week if that. Mostly just when we go out somewhere special.

March 9th, 2013, 01:29 AM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
We have some all natural Mammas here! Love it! I only wear mascara and only sometimes. I'm not a fan of make up. I never was.
alittlelost likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

March 9th, 2013, 01:37 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I love sephora I always spend way too much money there. I usually put on some makeup before I leave the house
alittlelost likes this.
March 9th, 2013, 01:40 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I usually only wear it if I am going somewhere special, but lately I've been wearing it when I go to the supermarket.. *shrugs* makes me feel better.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search