Growing up.

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By klockert
  • 2 Post By KatyG
  • 3 Post By HippieLove
  • 2 Post By alittlelost
  • 2 Post By joonzgurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
So Gabby is 15 months old now. I don't know where the time has gone, it seems like just yesterday I brought her home from the hospital. She was so tiny! Now is she becoming Miss Independent and I can't help but be a little sad. I'm 95% sure I do not want more kids(for a couple different reasons). I want her to be my baby forever lol! She is constantly on the move and talking tons now, she is so smart and funny and I love watching her personality blossom, but still I miss the days of rocking her to sleep and just holding her and staring at her for hours in awe.

Do any of you ever get a little sad when you think about your LO's growing up?
ComfortablyMum likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 12:29 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes! I felt like I was pregnant for years and after the twins were born it just flew by.They will be one next month and it doesn't feel like its been a year already. They are pulling up and standing a little bit now and part me is like nooo sit back down lol I guess its bittersweet because it is fun seeing their personalities come out a little more now
klockert and ComfortablyMum like this.
March 9th, 2013, 12:45 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I become an emotional wreck when I think about it. My eldest is going to be 7 this year and that means in 6 years she will be a teenager which is less than how many years she's been alive for... lets not forget the whole puberty thing that if shes anything like me, will start in 2-3 years *cries* i wish time would SLOW DOWN.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 9th, 2013, 06:20 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's always sad watching little ones grow up (It's fun,l you love every minute of it, but it's still sad. I guess bittersweet is a better word...)
March 9th, 2013, 02:30 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I'm not sad at all! I feel like it is just getting better and better!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 10th, 2013, 01:40 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Aaaawwwww!! YES!!

I do this ALL. THE. TIME!!

I have had a wee cry while rocking her to sleep a few times... I love my baby girl and want her to stay little forever...
But it IS sooo much fun watching her cheeky personality come out, for sure
Eve is 14 months now, so about the same age as Gabby

Are you one and done, klockert?

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Destiny
I think it's very bittersweet. I think there's things about every stage I regret leaving behind, but I also love watching them bloom and grow.
The kicker is that since every kid is different it doesn't really compare. I remember being amazed as Eli was growing up because I would miss different things about them. There are a few universal things, like the sweet newborn smell, but Eli never did Ellie's sweet sneezes. And Eliana's hair wasn't impossibly soft (I would spend whole nights rubbing my cheek against Eli's soft soft head). You have to appreciate everything as it comes, because it's really your only chance.

So while having another baby certainly multiplies the love in your life, it won't bring back the baby you already got to know.

March 11th, 2013, 09:20 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
I'm not sad at all! I feel like it is just getting better and better!
I totally agree with this. Almost every mom I know is always asking me if I feel sad that she's growing up, but honestly I don't really yet. Maybe I will as she gets much older, but right now, I am just loving seeing her grow up and getting to know the little person that she is going to be. It's so fun!
March 11th, 2013, 02:06 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
I am 95% sure I do not want any more kids, for a couple of different reasons.

March 22nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
Yes The first time I cried about her growing up she was only 9 months and bouncing in her Jenny Jump Up. It was because she was going on 1 year old. Now she just turned 2 years old and is potty training and eating with her fork and spoon and though it's very exciting watching her learn new things it's a tear jerker as well.

On the plus side her little sister is turning 6 months old so I get to go through all of the mile stones all over again hehe.

March 22nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
With my first I wasn't sad at all because I loved watching her grow and learn new things, but when she turned about 7 it hit me like a ton of bricks that she wasn't a baby anymore, then I was a weeping mess and pregnant so that didn't help, I didn't think I could ever love another person so much, until I had my son. Now I find myself getting sad that he is growing ups so fast because now I know how fast time flies by and he will be so big before I know it. So what I try to do is take in every moment of their childhood, embed it in my memory, cause they will never be this small again.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
March 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I know what you mean. I feel like my pregnancy took a million years and even longer because he was planned. Now that he is here time is FLYING, even on days that I feel like it's dragging. I am sad, but not. I love to see him grow and become more of a person, but at the same time I miss just laying in bed with him all day when he was a newborn.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search