Night time parenting...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By ComfortablyMum
  • 1 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was the hardest part of nighttime parenting for you?

What was the most rewarding part?
March 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Destiny
The hardest part is the sleep deprivation, no contest.

The best part is hours and hours of sweet baby snuggles. Eli in particular is a big snuggler, he'll go to sleep and wake up cozy in your arms.

March 10th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I agree, the rough nights are the hard part, but the cuddles more than pay off. They are only little once. Good luck getting those cuddles when they are teens LOL I always find it funny when people say they will "never STTN" or "never sleep on their own. I think they must not know anyone over the age of 12 another thing I love about nighttime parenting is experiencing the middle of the night babble and seeing how secure they are about bedtime. A lot of people have bedtime battles when their kids are toddlers. By time my 3 were sleeping on their own, I just say "bed time" and they go to bed. Yes, we have rough patches, but it's maybe for a few days then we have months on end with not even a complaint about bedtime
March 10th, 2013, 03:05 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Nighttime parenting was so hard for me with Liam because I just didn't expect it. That sleep deprivation was almost enough to make me nuts. BUT, I didn't find it nearly as hard with Kieran. I think the worst part is knowing you still have that other child/children to deal with at 6am regardless of how many times the baby wakes up at night. I wish I had "enjoyed" Liam's nighttime wakings more because I could sleep in or nap when he did.

My favorite part is how warm and sedate everything is at night. The cuddles with a half-awake baby who is sooooo happy to see you is just so fun. I loved feeding them out by the lighted Christmas tree in December, it was just so serene and enjoyable.
alittlelost likes this.
March 10th, 2013, 05:14 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Hardest part: all of it

Best part: none of it

Maybe I'll look back in a few years and feel different, but this is how I feel right now.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 10th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Awe *hugs* Hope it gets better for you soon.
March 11th, 2013, 02:37 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Loved: Falling asleep cuddling my baby girl and hearing all her cute sleeping noises

Disliked: Sleep deprivation >.<
alittlelost likes this.

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 11th, 2013, 06:43 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Awe *hugs* Hope it gets better for you soon.
Oh she STTN 9.5-10 hours now. and I would take that any day! I would never ever want to go back to her night wakings, she was a terrible sleeper before we night weaned.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 11th, 2013, 06:45 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Hmm i looooved how cuddly he was back then. I don't miss the tired coffee filled mornings, but then again, I lucked out. Gary was on a schedule from 1.5 months and he is still on it. I dont wanna sound like a turd, but he was a very easy baby. I know the next one will probably be the opposite LOL
alittlelost likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate waking up to a sick baby in the middle of the night. Fever or throwing up or whatever. So stressful and esp barfing and needing to change sheets in the dark.

I loved dream feeding a bedsharing infant. Maybe when M was around 4-6 months old. We had a great groove then, she was pretty content and cuddly all night, we had just stopped needing to change diapers at night but had not started the serious teething or large motor skill developments that led to a lot more thrashing and fussing and night waking.

March 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
Hardest part: all of it

Best part: none of it

Maybe I'll look back in a few years and feel different, but this is how I feel right now.
This.

I have always been kind of a zombie for night wakings. When Eleanor was tiny and co-sleeping it was fine, but as she got older, she started nursing constantly until she started spitting up. So we switched her to a pack n play in our room. But if I nursed her in bed, I would fall asleep, and she would wake me with a huge spit up and be really cranky. If I nursed her in the recliner, I would fall asleep in the chair, and that wasn't safe. So since she was 2-3 months old, I have been walking her for every night nursing because it is the only way I can stay awake. So I have never really had those times where I feel like I am just calmly nursing my baby at night and enjoying her company. Without that, it's pretty much sleep deprivation.
March 13th, 2013, 11:03 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
What was the hardest part of nighttime parenting for you? I really hate being woken up a million times a night. but it's not TOO bad.

What was the most rewarding part? Waking up to Matthew snuggled against me. He's such a big cuddler and always looks for me after I nurse him..then snuggles in and goes back to sleep. He doesn't cuddle Daddy usually..it's always Mama he wants.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 15th, 2013, 11:05 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
What was the hardest part of nighttime parenting for you? Def the lack of sleep

What was the most rewarding part? All the cuddles, even when Drake is having a bad night he is ALWAYS up for cuddling.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search