Babysitters

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO?
How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare?
How does your LO do with other care providers?
March 14th, 2013, 07:47 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
How old is your LO? Claire is 32 months; the babies are almost 7 months.
How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare? Never
How does your LO do with other care providers? Claire did stay with other people during the days when I was on bedrest, and she did great! She is a little shy at first but warms up after about 30 minutes.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 14th, 2013, 02:17 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
How old is your LO? 11 months
How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare? They stay with the nanny Monday-Friday while I'm at school
How does your LO do with other care providers? They love the nanny, she is a second mama to them
March 14th, 2013, 05:35 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
How old is your LO? 15 months

How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare? mon-fri while we work

How does your LO do with other care providers? he has been going to the sitter since he was 2 months old, he loves her and really he is so easy going I could leave him with the bum that tries to steal our recycleables and he would be happy haha not that i would lol obviously.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
March 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How old is your LO? 18 months
How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare? She stays with grandma 1 day per week
How does your LO do with other care providers? She does fine with Grandma but she doesn't do well with others. It would take some "warming up" to have her stay with someone else. Like a lot of visits together. She gets upset when I go to the bathroom and we are at my friends house (whom we see 1-2x per week) so I can't imagine leaving her there even though Avery "knows" her

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 15th, 2013, 06:53 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO?
They are almost 5, 6, and 7 1/2.

How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare?
With a sitter usually at least once a week, but most of the time the sitter is with them after they are in bed.

How does your LO do with other care providers?
Excellent. Many of them are family members, but we've had proper sitters in the past, and the kids always look forward to their time with them. They see it as a treat, and our sitters each have something special they do that the kids love. (One makes a big deal about watching a movie at home, with movie tickets and popcorn and making sure it's a movie they haven't seen yet; another always takes them outside and lets them get as dirty as they want and when it's warm sprays them with the house or turns on the sprinklers; and another always takes them places, like to the park or to community art activities).
March 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO? 21 months
How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare? Grandma and grandpa watch her sporadically during the week for an hour or two if I have appointments or whatever, and once a week for 2 hours so DH and I can have a date.
How does your LO do with other care providers? She loves nonny and baba

In one month she will start preschool for 5 hrs twice a week. That will probably be a big adjustment for both of us! I am sure she will have a lot of fun once she gets used to it though.

March 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicholas is 20 months, he stays with his "nana" (DH's mother) in her day care when I work. Varies about 3-4 days a week. We also have a weekend sitter on an as-needed basis. He loves her! And he never wants to leave nanas house either.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 15th, 2013, 11:02 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
How old is your LO? 15 months
How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare? Never
How does your LO do with other care providers? He has never been with anyone but us, not counting a trip to the store when my Mom watched him, he did great but I am not comfortable with it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 21st, 2013, 11:52 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
:sHow old is your LO? 25 months and 6 months

How often do they stay with a sitter or in daycare? Only sitters they have are my parents or my husbands mom and if it's only for an hour my husbands sister or aunt or my brother. I have worked in a few daycares so I would never put my child in one, not worth that risk.

How does your LO do with other care providers? Only let family watch them so they do great

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search