Classes

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By ohnicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are your kids in any sport or activity classes?

We can't find anything suitable for our boys with Autism yet, but our daughter is in Gymnastics, Ballet, and Jui Jitsu. She will be dropping ballet after this recital, we think.
March 14th, 2013, 07:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Not yet. I'm looking into some type of martial arts class for Claire this fall (she'll be 3 in July). I'd also love for her to do swimming lessons this summer, but I haven't worked out that logistically yet with the babies.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 14th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
M has been in a toddler dance/movement class and a Music Together class for a few sessions now, they have both been really great for her. But she starts preschool in a month (2x/week all morning, might go to 3x/week later) and then we will drop the other classes. Later maybe we will do the music class again with both siblings together, we'll see, or maybe I will just start going alone with the baby while she is at preschool, like in a year or so. M needs plenty of excitement and stimulation to wear her out and help her sleep well, but I think preschool will be plenty once that starts!
alittlelost likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 12:35 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't been in any classes, but we do go very regularly to 2 different library storytimes, and Eleanor loves it. I would like to choose a class... swimming, music, or gymnastics this summer, but I'm not sure it will work out.
alittlelost likes this.
March 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
We are just signing up for a music together class that starts in April, and Avery did swimming lessons with her daddy before christmas last year.
Most other things around here don't start until 3, so we will get her into more then.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 15th, 2013, 12:46 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Liam is in music class and he does a "moms morning out" program once a week (a craft, story time, snack, and lots of new toys to play with).

I don't really do any organized classes until after age 3. I just take them to storytime or open gym at the gymnastics center.

When Liam displayed an interest in music we signed him up. He keeps asking to play soccer, so that is on the agenda for sometime soon. We will do swim lessons though. My parents are moving to a house with a pool and I see water safety as being essential right now. We are enrolling them in a special class...but I forget what its called. It's an infant/toddler self-rescue class. It teaches them how to get out of the pool themselves. But, thankfully, the pool and surrounding doors have alarms as well. Pools freak me out!
March 15th, 2013, 07:25 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicholas goes to Little Gym and LOVES it!! As soon as we pull in the parking lot he freaks out.

We tried a toddler art class, he hated it. Every time the paint touched him he yelled "no no noooo" and ran away

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 15th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Liam is in music class and he does a "moms morning out" program once a week (a craft, story time, snack, and lots of new toys to play with).

I don't really do any organized classes until after age 3. I just take them to storytime or open gym at the gymnastics center.

When Liam displayed an interest in music we signed him up. He keeps asking to play soccer, so that is on the agenda for sometime soon. We will do swim lessons though. My parents are moving to a house with a pool and I see water safety as being essential right now. We are enrolling them in a special class...but I forget what its called. It's an infant/toddler self-rescue class. It teaches them how to get out of the pool themselves. But, thankfully, the pool and surrounding doors have alarms as well. Pools freak me out!
I saw an amazing video of a small toddler doing a self-rescue thing. I just about had a heart attack watching him go right into the water, but he knew exactly how to get on his back, float and start crying for help, it was amazing!!!! I don't think they teach those classes around here I would totally want to do it! It will be a great skill for the boys to have with your parents' pool around. Pools are definitely scary but the self rescue training video I saw said they had had zero drownings and several hundred successful self rescues with children trained in their technique, over the years.

March 15th, 2013, 10:42 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Oh Lost, that stinks that you cannot find anything for your boys.

Drake is still too little, but I cannot wait until he can do some stuff!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search