House Rules

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 06:49 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any rules in your house that apply to everyone, even visiting adults?

We are pretty relaxed, such as we don't have people take their shoes off at the door (we have wood floors), but there are things I don't welcome in my home (smoking, for example). It's also never come up, but I don't allow hitting in my house. It's a house rule for my kids and also, my home is my safe zone where I don't have to worry about seeing things like that (it's unsettling for me and always has been) so if someone brings their kids here they better be prepared to use some positive discipline But other than those two things, we're pretty relaxed. People can touch things (we don't have any valuables or breakables out), no room in the house is off limit, people can help themselves in our fridge, etc.
March 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here it is customary that everyone takes off their shoes indoors (in homes at least, not in public places) Often if someone is just popping in to pick something up you'd invite them to "just leave your shoes on", but it's usually unspoken that shoes come off.

Smoking is illegal inside any public building here, so smokers about 100% of the time respect other's homes in the same way.

Dh is pretty strict about no hats in the house. At Christmas my cousin brought her 17 yr old boyfriend and dh politely offered to take his coat and hat. He only handed over the coat... dh once again offered a place to hang up his own hat, and he refused. Dh let it go, but he feels it to be very disrespectful, and it's important not to be disrespected in our home by anyone. Otherwise I can't think of any 'rules' that everyone including guests would need to follow.
alittlelost likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 01:10 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Smoking, drinking or being drunk, and drugs or being high. I will not be so blatantly disrespected in my own home.
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Shoes is a huge thing for us! You cannot enter the house unless your shoes are off. We do not even keep shoes in the house. We have a bin outside the door and they go in there before entering. We are both huge believers that your house is a clean sanctuary and your shoes are disgusting. Sorry ladies!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search