Baby Boo Boos

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By ohnicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 06:27 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those of you with mobile little ones, how do you react when your little one falls down or gets hurt?

Do you...
a) Immediately rush over, panicked, and ask them if they are okay and soothe them.
b) Wait to see their reaction, and only react if they are hurt? If so, do you try stay calm/neutral or do you fall apart with them?
c) Tell them, "You're fine!" or make a joke, like "Hey, I hope you didn't hurt the floor!"
d) something else
March 17th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Destiny
I will wait and see, if they're hurt I will sooth them. In the rare cases that they need to I will clean and patch them up, but I usually have to wait until they've calmed down

March 17th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Wait and see. If it's serious enough, I have to bust out Dr. Mommy and they help me decide how many cc's of kisses to administer, which usually gets them to laugh and forget about getting hurt.
alittlelost likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 17th, 2013, 08:06 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so sweet <3

We also wait and see. I try to remain calm and neutral so I don't freak them out further. We can get pretty silly about dealing with boo-boos, too. I always tell them I'll put a blanket on it and they'll feel better (this worked so well they started putting blankets on their boo boos themselves when they got hurt lol)
March 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We wait. He is a climber and always falling and usually isnt hurt, so if I ran over everytime, it would be crazy lol. The first time, thats another story but now we wait and sometimes I just say ohhh come here and he comes hugs me and then runs away lol

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
March 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I wait and see. My first rarely cries over anything but younger one will complain about anything. She'll brush her hand against something and complain about her boo boo and once I pat that the other hand will have developed a sympathy boo boo and needs attention too. She's pretty self sufficient with it, if she gets hurt, even though it is more than just a hand brushed against something she'll come over to me if I invite her to. Convenient for me not to have to jump for every small thing.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
March 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If she falls or does something that might hurt, I usually say something kind of lighthearted. If she falls it's usually "Whoa! You went kablammy!" She loves saying kablammy so I can tell if she's hurt or not by her reaction. If she's upset, I usually just say, "Oh, I'm sorry that you got hurt. Let me give you a hug." And lately she is into "boo boos" so she may say, "Kiss boo boo." And then after she says, "All better." Thankfully she has really not had any injuries that needed more than a quick hug and kiss.
alittlelost likes this.
March 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Unless I can immediately tell that she's seriously hurt, I usually make a joke, laugh, or something to keep it light. She follows my lead well and will laugh or just ask for a kiss and then she forgets about it.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 18th, 2013, 08:17 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I should wait and see but I run everytime lol. They make me nervous now that they are pulling up on stuff and trying to balance unassisted.
March 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We give high fives once he gets up

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 18th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
M is a very tough cookie I try to not react at all just on principle, but if she makes a comment like "boom head!" I say "yup, you bonked your head, watch out for that table!" Or whatever. She rarely cries over injuries unless they are pretty painful and frightened her, like she fell unexpectedly. I do overreact on purpose sometimes when she hurts herself doing something too dangerous (like falling backwards on the couch and having poor aim so she falls off and bonks her head on the floor).

March 20th, 2013, 03:46 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
First of all, Drake is crazy! He ran off a curb the other day and face planted into the cement and scrapped his head, THAT time I was like OMG!!! But, for the most part, I am calm, sometimes I say "ahh.." and Dave is always like "Babe, you need to not say that!" But anyways, I am very calm when he falls. I wait a second to see if he is ok, I do not rush to him unless I KNOW he needs me. If he does cry I go to him and say "Aww baby, you're ok, look see!" And he will be fine. His crying will last only like a minute IF THAT.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search