Nap Time/Quiet Time

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 06:06 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your little one?
Do you let them nap whenever they want?
Are there certain times (or a certain time) of day that you encourage Napping (or Quiet Time)?
March 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Claire (she'll be 3 in July) takes a nap starting between 12:30 and 1:00 every day and sleeps for around 2 hours. When she stops napping we'll just have quiet time in her room instead.

The babies (5.5 months adjusted) are napping when and where they want right now, but within the past week I'm thinking that might need to change. George is still fine the way it is and could probably sleep next to train tracks and not be disturbed Abigail, though, has started cat-napping for 20-30 minutes at a time, which leaves her cranky and over-tired. I'm thinking I need to have her nap in a crib so she sleeps better/for longer stretches. Or maybe I need to encourage a schedule? I don't know...I'm open to suggestions.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I believe naps are on the way out for Little Boy. Both boys take quiet time, but Little Boy can get mighty crabby certain days if he doesn't nap. A couple days ago he refused a nap and at snack time he fell asleep with a chicken nugget in his mouth.

klockert likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 18th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How old is your little one? Almost 2 (21.5 months)
Do you let them nap whenever they want? Umm, I am happy to get a nap at all so I don't wake up her on purpose if she decides to nap early sometimes. It is rare!!!!
Are there certain times (or a certain time) of day that you encourage Napping (or Quiet Time)? I am trying to create a 2pm naptime/quiet time policy and M is slowly adapting to it. The time change for daylight savings was a big pain in the butt for our feeble semblance of a sleep schedule but she has been down for over 2 hours today!! (2 brief wakeups but I got her back down) She is also getting over a cold, last time we thought she was turning into a good napper she suddenly got 100% better from her previous cold and stopped napping at all, so I am pretty sure this is also just from being sick.

March 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your little one? 16 months
Do you let them nap whenever they want? Whenever she wants would pretty much be never
Are there certain times (or a certain time) of day that you encourage Napping (or Quiet Time)? I have noticed lately that she seems to nap best if we try for a nap around 5 hours after she wakes up. Since she wakes up at different times on different days, the time varies, but it's usually between 12:30 and 2 that she goes down. She usually only naps 1-1.5 hours, and often wakes and needs to be resettled in the middle. We do get some nap refusals- last week we had a bunch, but usually we get 1 a week or less. On days she doesn't nap she goes to bed super early.
March 19th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Destiny
How old is your little one? 3 and 1 1/2

Do you let them nap whenever they want? not unless they're very overtired

Are there certain times (or a certain time) of day that you encourage Napping (or Quiet Time)? I get them both to sleep right after lunch, most days it goes well

March 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Garys 15 months. He naps usually like 11 til 1. Or around those times. Whenever he gets tired. hes a sleeper so it hasnt been "forced" he's really good about it. And bedtime you just say wanna go nigh nigh and he runs to te stairs yelling Yeaaaaaa and.bye. lol

March 20th, 2013, 02:04 PM
My almost 5 year old gave up naps by 18 months. I have never had quiet time with her. Once I got used to the idea of no naps I was just happy not to need to stress over them anymore. I needed to cosleep with her for nap for the longest time so it wasnt a great loss of productive time for me.

My little one will nap when we are at home. She seems to like and accept her nap. If we are out of the house then nap is out as well. Even though I have her in the stroller and walk long distances she just wont doze off. Thankfully she also does pretty OK without a nap as long as there is interesting stuff around her.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
March 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
How old is your little one? 15 months
Do you let them nap whenever they want? Yes I do. I allow him to fall asleep when he is tired and that has always worked.
Are there certain times (or a certain time) of day that you encourage Napping (or Quiet Time)? Not really to be honest. Well, at night, like when I can tell he is getting tired we sit in his room with a dim light on and sing songs and clap our hands, so I guess you can say that is "quiet" (more like wind down time) time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search