Bad thoughts

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Do you ever have random bad thoughts about LO?

I do, and it drives me insane. I always fear that he will get kidnapped when I am watching a movie at night while he is asleep in bed, so I check on him like 30 times. I also always have this "vision" or "thought" that he dies. WHY!? I hate it!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 20th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Destiny
When the kids are infant-sized I'm constantly terrified of dropping them. I've felt way better since buying baby carriers. I remember feeling like I was about to throw up because I was so terrified of crossing bridges with them.

I have to check on them while they're sleeping a lot because I'm scared they'll stop breathing.

March 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes! I was just going to post something similar this week because I hoped I wasn't alone in thinking these things.

I'm terrified of dropping babies, but it gets better as they get older. I am terrified of us being in a car wreck. I'm terrified that they will be kidnapped.

My biggest fear, though, is something happening to me while I'm home with the kids and not being able to call for help...especially when DH is traveling for work/deployed. What would Claire do? Would she stay in the house? Would the babies starve? Would Claire know to find her snacks?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 20th, 2013, 05:12 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to have these involved thoughts about what would happen if people with guns broke into our house at night... the only way I could stop thinking about it was to make up these elaborate plans of what I would do- how I would run right down to get Eleanor, then which window we should climb out of and where we should run or where we could hide in the house, like this little crawlspace in the basement. As she got older I stopped having those compulsive worries so much.

Now I do think about her getting in a car accident or other accident while she is out with DH, though.
March 20th, 2013, 05:18 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
been there! it's just like us parents to worry!
March 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes I always had bad dreams about them being kidnapped, the first day the nanny was with th
I kept coming home to check on them.
And I think that they will stop breathing in their sleep so I check on them a lot when they are sleeping
March 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
OMG I do this SO much. Late at night, trying to fall asleep, I start to think of some really bizarre stuff.

When I was pregnant with Brig, I had a dream that I put my baby in the bathtub for a bath and started reading a book, and that I read for an hour and when I looked up the baby was blue! I tried giving it CPR but just started crying. Woke up in cold sweats and tears.

Plus, when I first moved to Wyoming, Bodhi tried to walk to the park by himself (he was 2.5 at the time). My neighbors spotted him and started a conversation with him to keep him in their yard, but I drove around town looking for him and panicking. I often have thoughts of what would've happened if he'd gone towards the main road, or if I hadn't found him.. things like that.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 20th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

Last edited by Social Halfwit; March 20th, 2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: I don't know why it keeps double posting. :(
March 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
I've always had issues with thinking weird things even before LO was born. Now it's just worse. I constantly worry about being in another bad accident(we were in one last summer and our car burned to the ground, luckily we were able to get out with Gabby.) Being in a car terrifies me and driving on the interstate gives me panic attacks. I also worry about her not breathing in the middle of the night or something happening to her when I'm not around, like when she is with Grandma.

March 21st, 2013, 04:58 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Yup. I am forever in worry mode and i have had like the worst case scenario thoughts MANY times.

March 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I think that's fairly normal. Or maybe it's just something common with people I know. I do know it's much more common with people who have anxiety. I frequently worry about children being in danger, and about their emotional health. If it makes you all the more cautious, I'd say it's better than not being cautious enough. But if it's a big problem for you, there are a lot of coping mechanisms you can learn, and there are non-narcotic anti-anxiety meds out there.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 21st, 2013, 10:44 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I think it is very normal, just a part of worrying for your LO. We have a basement and I will randomly have this thought of her falling down the steps because someone left the door open, then I will get up and make sure it is shut. She just turned 2.

March 26th, 2013, 12:24 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I hate that my brain will think such bad thoughts, because I then say to myself "Will that happen? Is that why I am thinking that?" Ugh! Being a Mamma is hard work! I just want nothing to ever happen to him. Obviously, we all do. Babies are so precious.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search