Proud Mommy Moments

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By ohnicole
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 07:02 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What has your child does recently that made you feel so proud of the person they are becoming?
March 21st, 2013, 07:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We went to a St. Patty's Day barbeque this past weekend and several other parents commented on how polite and kind Claire was. She asked nicely for other adults to help her when they were playing on the swings, and when another child fell down, Claire went over to ask him if he was okay. I felt very proud

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 21st, 2013, 09:01 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Bodhi was telling me this morning that the most important part of being a big brother is protecting his little brother. I asked what he would do if he had another brother or a sister, and he immediately said "I'd have to teach them to read."

I love that he's such a good big brother!
KMH likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Awww, that is so sweet!

Melissa & DH

March 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Connor has SUCH empathy and compassion for everyone and everything! If he's watching a show and the character is sad, he almost has tears in his eyes when he says "so and so is sad, oh no" and he acts out different emotions with his toys when he plays. I feel bad for him sometimes when he seems like he's going to cry because his toy is sad!!
KMH likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Hmm I guess there's not much yet as far as the person he is becoming, BUT he cleans up now, he loves to throw away his dirty diapers and wrappers to things and he picks stuff up and throws it way. He always holds it up at me and says "dis?" and i say yes and he drops it in haha. so cute.
KMH likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor always sees us carrying the diaper bag out to the car when we go out, and this morning when she got her shoes and coat on, she said, "Help you, mommy." I said, "You want to help mommy?" She said, "Mommy's bag," and stuck her arm out for me to put the bag on. I have let her carry an empty diaper bag, and she was so excited.

She also found a stick in the parking lot at the library, and picked it up and said, "Sticks! Home." I said, "You want to take the stick home?" Then she said, "Maggie, Clover." She wanted to take the stick home for the dogs!
KMH likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm loving these stories

Melissa & DH

March 21st, 2013, 12:15 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
^ Me too! So cute!! Put a huge smile on my face!!

March 21st, 2013, 01:02 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I am loving the stories too! Such thoughtful and lovely kiddos.

My Little Boy just looked at me and announced out of nowhere "Mom, you're my beeeeeest friend." Made me cry!
KMH likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
M has learned the words "fun" and "happy" and now sometimes when we are just hanging out around the house she will come up and hug me and say "happy baby" and smile and put her face up for kisses. It is sooooo sweet!!!

I was also extremely proud the other day when she managed to stack 3 narrow, long blocks on each other the long way. It was a very tall tower! She is very meticulous at times and I love to see her focus. It is a somewhat new development and very promising to me.

I also get mommy ego boosts when people at the park marvel over how big and strong she is and how well she can climb everything, or tell me how cute she is. One of my mommy friends even told me M was the cutest baby she's ever seen and is her favorite out of all her LO's friends because she is so lively and adorable. Ahhhh mommy ego strokes I am very proud of my big girl, she's pretty amazing.

March 21st, 2013, 07:42 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I love that both babies smile and shout "mama" and clap their hands when I come home now, it just melts my heart.
I'm proud that the twins love each other so much, they hardly fight and they always kiss each other and hold hands, its so sweet. Growing up my brother was my best friend, we hung out all the time and I hope its the same for the twins.
March 21st, 2013, 10:22 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
My daughter just turned two and she will say please and thank you when you give her something or when she gives you something she will say thank you also, it's adorable. She also throws her own diapers and trash away and she has a baby sister who is 6 months old and she is very gentle with her and likes to show her patty cake
March 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I was really proud of Kieran today. He was fussing for a diaper change so I asked if he wanted to sing Patty Cake. He said yes and proceeded to "sing along" and do all of the hand movements at the right time even though I wasn't doing them with him (I was changing him). I didn't realize how quickly he picked it up and it just made me proud of the person he is becoming.

With Liam lately it has been emotional awareness. He picks up on peoples moods and tries to help them through it. It makes me smile that he has developed that sense of another's feelings and takes them into consideration.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search