Milestones

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What milestones has your LO reached recently?
What are they working on now?
March 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What milestones has your LO reached recently? Talking in multiword sentences and telling "stories" about exciting or dramatic things that happened in the past. Like when grandma yelled at the squirrels to go away from the bird feeder 2 weeks ago. "Nonny. Quiwl. GO'WAY!!!" Lol. She references the same stories over and over again and I will retell what happened in more detail and she just loves that. She will reenact the most dramatic parts like nonny chasing the squirrels while shouting "go away". And if she sees a picture of a squirrel in a book... oh boy. I think we have at least 5 stories like this from things that happened in the past 2 weeks or so.

What are they working on now? Talking more, getting these last teeth in!!! I can see white points from one of her back molars just under the gum. Can't wait until we are all done with baby teeth coming in.
alittlelost likes this.

March 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Liam is working on social aspects right now. He has really started with the "friend forming" aspects and now picks who he wishes to spend time with and expresses why he likes that particular person. It isn't just all "mommas friends kids" anymore. He also notices differences in such people...like how Porter has brown eyes and he has green, etc.

I can't think of a recent milestone he reached though. His vocab is constantly getting better, but I don't know there's is a specific aspect he accomplished lately.

Kieran is working on talking, big time. We are seeing tons of words come out and some are even being joined together (thank you, not me, mine now, etc). He loves talking more everyday.

He recently mastered some memory skills. He can do all the motions of patty cake, itsy bitsy spider, thumpkin, and one that Liam sings for music class. He also remembers where he put stuff like his drink cup after several hours and where his socks go when he takes them off.
March 24th, 2013, 09:17 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary has started putting words together like instead of just saying baba he says "My baba" and instead of Go to the dogs he says like You Go or Woof go. He's getting very good at saying hi and bye to people at the store and stuff too i love it.

March 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I guess the most recent milestone for Little Boy was potty training. Now we are slowly working towards reading. Big Boy is reading at a 6th grade level, but he is working on enunciating his words, especially the "th" combo. I dunno if those count as milestones but they are important to us!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What milestones has your LO reached recently?
She is going absolutely crazy with meeting milestones. She has started being able to communicate really clearly with us about things that happened to her recently. If we go to the library and see her friend Iris at story time in the morning (where they do a lot of clapping songs and sing Zoom Zoom Zoom), and later ask her what she did today, she might say, "Library. Iris. Read books. Clap. Zoom zoom!" Yesterday she had been reading books with daddy, and then she came to see me. She told me, "Kablammy!" I asked who went kablammy because I didn't know what she was talking about, and she said, "Napping House. Kablammy baby!" So apparently daddy was reading her The Napping House

She has also starting singing songs to herself, asking us to sing specific songs with specific verses, and dancing along to songs that have dance moves. Yesterday she wanted us to sing Old MacDonald, so she said, "ayayayay! Cows! Moo moo moo moo!" She would also sing E-i-e-i-o with us every time we said it, and then yell out the next animal she wanted after every verse. She does similar things with a bunch of songs now. When she is in her carseat I hear her singing to herself. She was singing a bubble song that we sing, "Bubbles bubbles bubbles. Pop pop!" And a song I sing about rocking in a chair "Ockin chair ockin chair Baby baby baby" She doesn't really sing them right, but it's so cute. She does all the moves to Barnyard Dance (and actually has the whole book memorized!), and today at the library they were doing a little dance and she came home and started singing it and doing all the moves. It's crazy how fast she picks things up lately.

What are they working on now? She is working hard on stairs. She has started walking up them instead of crawling whenever there is a railing, and she is becoming a pro at sliding down on her butt or belly.
March 26th, 2013, 01:15 AM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
Drake is REALLY good at understand what "no no" means. He is not 100% but obviously, he is still little but he is getting much better. He grabs my hand alot for me to follow him and then wants a a hug. I LOVE that!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

March 27th, 2013, 07:49 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure the twins will be walking anyday now. They pull up on furniture and balance unassisted for a long time but they just stand there. I think Liam will be first, he crawled first and sat up first and stood first

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search