Parenting

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far?
What about parenting has been the easiest for you?
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected?
March 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far? Having to give up weekends with my kids so they can see their dads. Not so bad with LB because his dad and I are still best friends, but with BB it's tough because once he goes to his father's, I don't know if he's being cared for.
What about parenting has been the easiest for you? I guess the 'down days', where we don't have anything to do but watch movies, eat junk food, have tickle wars... I didn't do that kind of stuff when I was a kid, so I thought I wouldn't be able to.
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? Parenting as a whole is harder than I expected. The worst thing is that I never feel like I'm doing a good job. Parenting knowing that no matter what, I'm going to hurt my kids somehow, someway is hard. You can't be TOO anything; overprotective, not protective at all, too strict, no discipline... it's so hard to find the meeting point between the extremes sometimes.
alittlelost likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

Last edited by Social Halfwit; March 24th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
March 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far? Living in the hospital for 4 weeks with the twins while DH cared for Claire. I really wanted to clone myself so I could be everywhere at once.
What about parenting has been the easiest for you? Following my instincts. I just know what feels right and I'm not afraid to go with my gut...even when others might think I'm nuts.
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? Consistency is hard for me. When I feel overwhelmed and/or exhausted it is so tempting to let Claire get away with something or not be consistent in what we do. I have to continually remind myself that consistency now will make things easier later.

The "fun" parts are easier than I expected. That probably sounds silly to some, but I'm kind of an uptight, high-strung person I have been surprised at how easily I'm able to relax with the kids and just be silly and play...I love it!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far? Honestly nothing that I would consider out of the ordinary for parenting... but probably the sleep deprivation if I have to pick something.
What about parenting has been the easiest for you? It has been really easy to play with and teach Eleanor because she loves a lot of the things that I love (like books and animals).
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? I don't know if it's harder than I expected, but I do struggle with sticking to a routine.
March 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far?So far in August when I had to stay at the hospital with him for two days because he was having a hard time breathing. . .scared it's gonna happen again since that is all pretty much happening again right now. My hubby has him and I am waiting to hear if i need to leave work. . .not that I dont want to pick up everything and leave, but as long as he is home with my hubs I am staying here otherwise I will just get upset.

What about parenting has been the easiest for you? It came way more natural than i thought it would.

Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? Harder: Balancing, work, Gary, Hubby and house keeping. . . I feel like I never have enough time in a day.

Easier- Sleep (if I could get any myself) I was told he wont sleep. he will be cranky when he wants stuff etc. He has been awesome. I am very lucky. And I knew I would, But i fell in love instantly I always thought people just said that. But man, I love that child more than anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search