Exercise

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 01:51 AM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
I have been walking alot, I have been drinking water like CRAZY and DH and I have been working out. I need to get my butt in shape! But, I am still lazy and sometimes do NOT want to do anything! Workout related. Are any of you ladies working out? What are you doing if you are? We are doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. More like kill me Jillian!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

March 26th, 2013, 07:23 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing nothing. I should be walking, at least.
March 27th, 2013, 06:04 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
LOL i am doing nothing. I really should so when I DO get pregnant again I am not a yeti.

March 27th, 2013, 09:30 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
I'm walking around 2.5-3 miles a day with a half mile jog. I am 38.5 weeks pregnant though. I can't wait to get out and run again. I also do yoga and belly dancing. I'm planning on doing a mommy baby yoga class after LO is here.

March 27th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I walk to and from school twice a day. I tried to do P90X, my brother did it last year and lost so much weight and is in great shape now, but I stopped around Christmas and haven't started yet. I want to do more yoga because it helps my back a lot.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I walk/hike a lot with the kids. I always wear one baby, so it is definitely a workout! Otherwise I just do some basic things around the house like push-ups, crunches, lunges, squats, etc. I have some awesome workout DVDs but right now I just don't have a block of time to do them. Thanks to my genes, weight has never been an issue for me, I just need to do a little to keep things toned.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 27th, 2013, 08:24 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I try to run at least 4 times a week, I take the babies in stroller so I've got some nice toned arms lol. I tried yoga last weekend and it kicked my *** but I liked it a lot
March 29th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Walking is great, I just always thought that that did almost nothing. Not like you break a sweat. Well, you might. I just need to lose this baby weight. Its been ages!

Katy, you run?! I do NOT have the boobs to run! I have always wanted to try yoga, I feel to fat for that though. Sigh.

I exercised yesterday while Drake was asleep and there is this part where Jillian says "Am I killing you yet?!" and like a nerd I said "YES YOU ARE!" and Drake walked down the hall and gave me a hug so I was done. haha. I feel like I should be doing more but I have not exercised in MONTHS so I need to start off slow. I already hurt myself. lol What a chubby Mamma! My arm is KILLING me from doing 30 push ups. I can barely lift it.

I wish we all lived together so then we would all exercise with NO excuses!

March 31st, 2013, 09:49 AM
Yes I love running, I did cross country before I got pregnant. You are not too fat to do yoga, I have seen ladies there way bigger than you. If you start off in a begginers class it's not too bad at all.
April 1st, 2013, 10:14 PM
I was always told that running was not that good for you because the constant "slam" on your lower spine was bad for you...? Obviously you run Katy, would you say your in pain after?

Maybe I should look into yoga. Im so lazy! Ugh!

April 3rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
No sometimes after doing it all week I feel achey I've never heard that its bad for you so I'll have to look into that
April 7th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Every person that I see that runs is obviously in good shape so it does do something, so I have no idea. Everything is bad for you now a days! Sheesh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search