Sick or Unwell

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When you're sick or unwell, who helps you with the kids, or do you have to work through because you have no one to help?
March 26th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think about this a lot looking to the future. Basically unless DH is home I will just have to power through. We are too far from anyone to get other help! Which makes me nervous because I'm a huge sucky baby when I'm sick.

I guess if it were something serious, (like recovering from surgery, or being laid up for a few days for some other reason) dh would take time off work, or my mom or MIL might come out and stay here, but that would have to be under special circumstances.

March 26th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I have my mom or sister to help out if they aren't working. If they are, then try and survive.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I just power through DH is a big baby when he is sick and we don't live near family, so I just do what has to be done. Fortunately we seem to be a healthy crew...let's hope that continues

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 26th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
If DF isn't working, he helps. Otherwise I just push through. Luckily, the boys are very self-sufficient if they know I'm sick. We have movie days or snuggle days. My mom had a 12" laptop and she just sent it to me for the boys, so now they can play some education games while I mom-sleep (that magic sleep where you can still hear everything around you). Sometimes, if LB's dad isn't working, he will take both boys so I can get some real rest.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 26th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Destiny
If hubby's working, we have what I call a "minimal parenting day" I crash on the couch, we turn on the tv, I cook whatever's easiest. They aren't the best days, but you just have to get through them.

March 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Up until now: just power through. If it is really bad, I could get DH to come home. But I usually don't want him exposed more than necessary because he is a huge baby when he is sick too. So I mostly just did what I needed to to get by.

But my parent are moving close next week and that will mean more help for me!! And I know my mom will be a great help when I am not feeling well.
March 26th, 2013, 12:09 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
During the day it's just me, luckily when DH gets home from work he will take over everything and let me rest. We're lucky enough to be a really healthy family and I can only remember a couple of times that I've been that sick since Connor was born!

March 27th, 2013, 05:02 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
My hubby usually unless hes working, then my mother in law helps a LOT. she has been our savior.

March 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Veteran
Only me,. DH is working overseas,. so I need to go through..
March 27th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom will help a good bit. It depends on what she has going on, I try not to impose too much on her. But if she's free I can usually bring M over to her house and crash on a couch for awhile. And on weekends when DH is home, he can pretty much take over. We do end up having those TV/lazy cooking/stay inside days, too, though. I have had a lot of days this pregnancy where I just felt terrible and could not do much, like almost all weeks 8-16 or so I am starting to get more tired again now that I am in the 3rd tri too but it's not as miserable. I am more just too lazy to keep house properly lol.

March 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
If DH is not around it's just me. I have not been sick though in years so fingers crossed it stays that way! Like, let me think. The last time I was sick, honestly...I think I was 15 or so. So 13 years. Something like that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search