Re-do

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fluga

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
If you could re-do ONE thing in your life, what would it be and why?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 29th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I know this will make me sound awful, but I would have never gone after Bodhi's father for child support. I wouldn't have spoken to him again. I know that if I hadn't talked to him when Bodhi was 2 months old, he would've just disappeared. Now Bodhi and I are both stuck with him until Bodhi is old enough to realize his father is terrible. :\

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
School. I know I was miserable and bored out of my mind, but I wish I hadn't dropped out of high school and hadn't waited so long to go back to college.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 30th, 2013, 07:15 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Hmm I need more time to think lol. . .BUT I think that I would say I wouldn't have sold my car three years ago. . .then we wouldnt have the payment now lol I dunno thats the best I can do. Because my hubby and I have talked about it a milllllion times, everything that has happened brought us to each other.

March 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I would have never got rid of my house and 2 cars to go over the road as a truck driver with DH because now we wish we had those things again.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

March 31st, 2013, 03:18 PM
n.o.t.h.i.n.g, not a fan of regrets. Reading through the other posts I suppose I'm lucky not having made decisions that affected me as strongly as some of you guys have.
IronMamma likes this.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
March 31st, 2013, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Like Fluga, I try to live with no regrets. I am in a really good place right now so it is easy to say it was all worth it because I have so much now, DH, DD, great quality of life overall. There were plenty of questionable decisions and things that could have gone easier for me if I had done it differently, people I hurt unintentionally, risky behavior, years of not properly attending to my emotional and physical health, but I learned from it all and in the end I am who I am now, and where I am now, and I wouldn't want to change that. I say leave the past in the past and work on the present and future without dwelling on anything too much, just take the lesson from it and go forward.

April 1st, 2013, 09:15 PM
I also try to live with no regrets, I really do, but there are just a few things that I look back on and I am like WHYYYYY!!!

April 2nd, 2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
I also try to live with no regrets, I really do, but there are just a few things that I look back on and I am like WHYYYYY!!!
Because you did the best that you could with the information that you had at the time.

I could spend time and energy regretting having let a very unsupportive midwife break my waters when I was in labor giving me the worst possible birthing experience for me. If I had been assertive and told her no things would have gone better, I'm sure of it. Realistically though at the time I thought she knew something and I was in no position to stand up for myself. Instead of regretting that decision I am angry that it is routine to treat women in labor so badly. It's a matter of perspective I think.

(not saying that this kind of thinking applies to everybody's regrets though)

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search